2 Pages V  < 1 2  
What Album Are You Listening To/quick Review
Evil_Invader
Apr 1 2009, 07:14 AM
GMC:er
Manilla Road - Open the Gates

Simply a masterpeice of early US epic heavy/power metal. A must for any fans of the genre.

HEAVY METAL TO THE WORLD!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
LIVE FOR STEEL - DIE FOR STEEL!!!

RIOTOR thrash/death metal hell

http://www.riotor.ca

http://www.myspace.com/riotor

Gear:

Ibanez S5470 sol
Bc Rich Warlock Nj

Framus Cobra v2
VHT Fatbottom p50e
Rocktron Xpression
Rocktron Midimate
DOD SR231 EQ
Boss NS-2
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Apr 1 2009, 07:18 AM
Manilla Road is killer stuff. Those guys are still going strong till now with there epic release of Voyager.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Artemus
Apr 1 2009, 12:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Attached Image

Ephel Duath - Painter's Palette

It's hard to review without exclamations such as wow, amazing, superb, refreshingly original, innovative..
This is a unique album from a band that refuse to conform to standards. Even for the avant-garde generation of metal they are a stand-alone band for their expertly woven jazz influence. This isn't jazz metal like you've heard before where it's simply a few standard hooks with jazz instrumentalists noodling some, this is actually metal with a modern jazz perspective on how their music is composed and the genres are taken, nodded to and put into the aural blender. Great vocal range from hardcore to clean, walking bass to funk lines, smooth saxophone blue jazz tones to blistering energy, expressive guitar work, faultless drumming, electronic influence. To top it off the production is top notch. The fact that each track title can also represent a shade of the painter's colour palette, shows a desire use their ingenuity to the full spectrum.

I didn't discover this band on my own, it was a recommendation from a friend, but on my first listen I couldn't believe I hadn't heard of this before and was kicking myself. It's just too good! Albums such as these as such a rarity..

I could go on but I'd rather carry on listening and let myself get sucked into the textures of this masterpiece.

This post has been edited by Artemus: Apr 1 2009, 12:23 PM

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 1 2009, 12:34 PM
Testament - The Formation of Damnation

+Quote Post
VinceG
Apr 4 2009, 09:10 AM
Bob Marley- Legend

Pretty rocking Marley compilation album. This is probably the only comp album I ever liked. I'm usually an album kind of guy, but the songs here are perfectly fit for what Marley have done in his career as a Reggae artist. All the songs are golden. Hits like Three Little Birds, Is This Love, Jamming, Exodus, One Love, just an amazing album for every one to be heard and experience. It has its own peace and love spiritual feeling to it that can never be recreated by any other artist.

5/5. One of the best albums my ears have graced over. If you ever want to start listening to Bob Marley, just listen to this album.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:17 PM