Happy Ending: 8 String Replacement
Todd Simpson
Feb 17 2013, 05:34 AM
GMC:er
I am thrilled to announce that the fine folks @ Guitar Center, (who did sorta wreck the 8 string I'd purchased) were kind enough to give me a brand spanking new one, with a complete setup (this time the setup was PERFECT, the first one however was not) and fresh strings. It plays 10 x better than the first RG8 they set up for me. It's just amazing what they did with it. I knew they could do good work if they wanted to. I suspect they are used to running guitars through pretty quickly as many new players/customers might not be that picky on setup. I"m CRAZY picky about how my guitars are setup so I sent it back the first time. Not to mention the paint somehow got scratched when they did the setup thus my asking for a new guitar.

But all's well that ends well and I can't wait to do some lessons and collabs with this BEAST!!! It's an RG8 which is probably the least expensive 8 string I've ever seen that still has a Wizard II neck. I've owned one of the LTD 8 Strings and it honestly didn't play as well as this, even after setup. The string tension seemed to high, and I couldn't get the action low enough for my tastes. Of course some folks LOVE the LTD 8s and HATE the Ibby 8s so your mileage may vary smile.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 17 2013, 05:40 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:22 AM