15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Skennington, Uploads and Discussion
UncleSkillet
Jan 11 2009, 05:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Panthers lost dude. Whats up with that? I thought they would rule for sure.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 11 2009, 03:59 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 10 2009, 11:05 PM) *
I thought they would rule for sure.

I think the entire country did... mad.gif This team is as solid as they come except for one position, quarterback and unfortunately, that's the most important.. laugh.gif You never know what you are going to get with Jake. He's like Jekyll and Hyde and everyone in Charlotte is calling for a change. 6 turnover's, come on....Should have seen his post game press conference, totally lost for words on his performance...And should have been!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 12 2009, 11:47 PM
Hey Jeff,

Man I certainly apologize that I have not got anything up for you yet. These chords are actually wearing on me a bit. I want to get this lesson down just so you know that. smile.gif I have been practicing it as much as time allows and if I'm holding my guitar, I'm on this lesson.

I just can't seem to get my fingers to act right.. laugh.gif Like I told you before, good thing I got to this lesson through the MTP program or I probably still would have ignored the basic's. Now, back to working on it.....

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 13 2009, 12:11 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
That's cool man. I know your working hard. smile.gif Maybe instead of playing with the backing track you can just play the chords in order till you get use to the fingerings. Also if it's just the F chord that is the problem then just work with that change. What is it Dm7 to F or something? I'm not looking at the lesson.

I think it is also a good idea for us to work on other things while still working on this. In my previous post I listed some other rhythm lessons. What do you think about the one by Joe Kataldo? I would like to see you work on this also. You need to mix things up and give yourself a break once in a while. Joe's lesson has a great rock feel and also a small beginer lead.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 13 2009, 12:18 AM
Yes, it's a Dm > F > G. I'd be lying if I said the G wasn't aggravating me as well. laugh.gif I'll start working on Joe's lesson as well and mix it up between the two for a while. smile.gif I'm not getting frustrated at all so don't think that, just a bit ticked at myself for not having gone through this before... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 13 2009, 12:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Working on Joe's lesson will get your mind of the other one. When you’re ticked off at yourself it creates tension in your hands and fingers making thing harder and not productive. Trust me on this one. wink.gif I have been there and so has everyone else.

Let me know what you think and how you’re progressing with Joe's lesson. Have some fun with it smile.gif

I'm here when you need me

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 13 2009, 12:56 AM
Thanks man..I'll check it out here shortly smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 15 2009, 12:39 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Steve, hows everything going? Just wanted to say hi and see if there is anything I need to do for you at this point. I am also curious, have you had time to check out Joe's lesson and if so what your thoughts are.

Hope all is well smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 15 2009, 02:28 AM
finally getting a little play time tonight.. smile.gif Been working on Joe's lesson for the last hour or so and I like it. I haven't got the solo at the end yet but shouldn't be a problem. I'm uploading a take of the rhythm section now to youtube. Should be up in a minute.

I warn you though, poor light and a monitor mic = BAD quality so I hope you can even see an hear it.. laugh.gif

Here you go man, like I said, very poor render but I think you'll be able to hear it. The light sucks in my spare bedroom..

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 15 2009, 02:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I will look at it right away smile.gif Just give me a few minutes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 15 2009, 03:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Ok Steve here you go bro. I am going to break this down into 2 basic sections, “Good Points” and “Things I want you to work on”. Cool? cool.gif

First I want to say overall this tack so far is really good and I am very happy with what I see. smile.gif

Good Points:
You can play with rhythm and your timing is good.

I really like how your working on your right hand muting (very good) and getting your right hand moving in an alternate way instead of just down strokes. Great job!

Right hand looks like it is getting more relaxed.

You played the chords clean and I could hear everything (well considering it was YouTube).

Your left hand is moving good and you fingered all the chords without problems. Excellent work! Your fingers should feel like they are behaving more like you want them to now.

Things I want you to work on:
Think about your left hand. Go back and look at your video compared to Joe’s. Your hand looks cramped up like a claw (for the lack of a better term. Please forgive me and just let me try to make my point). Rotate your arm and wrist a little more clockwise or to the right and roll your thumb back under the neck. Let your 2nd and 3rd fingers stretch out like his. This will help you move bar chords quicker, be more comfortable and give you another way to mute string noise when you need to.

You missed playing the full E5 chord also. If you hit this it will give you a bigger sound.

The last note you picked which was a ‘G’ on the 3rd fret of the ‘E’ string was done with your index finger. It should be done with your middle finger. This is very important not just for this jam but for technique in general. Your middle finger was right there so use it. If you had to play a ‘G’ chord there you couldn’t because your fingering isn’t correct and you would trip over your middle finger. I hope that makes some sense. Your kind of reaching over your middle finger with your index finger.

Very good work! We will get to the solo stuff soon so no worries. Right now if you can work on what I am asking you to and get another recording done that would be great. Just like a collab. Then we will add you solo later. Sound good?

EDIT: 2nd comment in the things I want you to work on. E5 chord you missed.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 15 2009, 04:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 15 2009, 04:18 AM
Thanks Jeff and your absolutely right. wink.gif My left hand does look like a claw.. laugh.gif I'll work on relaxing it a bit and rotating more toward the face of the neck. I actually found that with the "F barre'" in the other lesson that it was much easier. Still haven't quite got it but closer.. smile.gif

I'll keep working and get you another take on this lesson along with the solo..

I'm quite happy as well to see my right hand actually going in a different direction.. laugh.gif Thanks for suggesting Joe's lesson! Not hard, but get's you moving around a little bit and makes you focus on both hands. Exactly what I needed man.. smile.gif

Thanks again bro for your time!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 15 2009, 04:28 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm glad you like it (Joe's lesson) biggrin.gif Please check out the edit I made in my post above if you haven't already.

Maybe fixing the claw thing will help with the other lesson as well wink.gif tongue.gif

Cheerio mate! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 15 2009, 04:53 AM
I noticed your edit after I posted and yes, I did miss that E5 and I knew it.. tongue.gif I'll get it, no worries biggrin.gif Don't bash the claw.. laugh.gif He will find you.. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 15 2009, 05:03 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif Your a Super Hero man!

BEWARE OF THE CLAW.......

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 15 2009, 05:25 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 16 2009, 01:40 AM
The claw is back... laugh.gif Here's a little run at the solo of Joe's lesson....

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 16 2009, 02:28 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
THE CLAW ROCKS!! smile.gif I am very pleased with this for a 1st take. tongue.gif It was in time, sounded good and you looked relaxed. Keep working on this. There are a few small issues that we will address but I am very pleased with your upload and the effort you are putting in Steve.

Your doing great! Very well done!

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 16 2009, 03:10 AM
Thanks man. smile.gif I spent about 30 minutes or so practicing it before recording the video. I think I know a few of the issues and if you don't mind, I would like to point them out to see if I'm recognizing on my own.. tongue.gif

• I noticed that I'm still picking mostly downward..will work harder for sure.. smile.gif
  • Don't think I used the exact fingering that Joe did so I'll wait for your comments on that.
  • I rushed the last 2 note's a bit but I'll get those tighter with a bit more practice.

These are just a few things I noticed and I'm sure you will have more.. laugh.gif I'm going to work on getting you 2 more takes on the rhythm and solo over the weekend which hopefully will be better.
Also, still working on Muris' strumming exercise and hope to have you a take on that one too depending on time. smile.gif

Later bro!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 17 2009, 12:59 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif You got it Steve. Your right wink.gif It's very good that you can point out these things and you are willing to work on them. smile.gif

2 other things I want to point out are:
On the first bend use your 3rd finger and not your 2nd. Also be careful because it isn't a real big bend and you don't want it to be pitchy.

Second thing is really try to add those slides in there that he does to get to some of the notes. Watch the lesson and you'll know what I'm talking about. This will add some SPICE to it.

This weekend I want you to submit all of your final videos for week one. Mirus's lesson, the ryhthm and the solo for Joe's.

Your doing great man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 17 2009, 01:23 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 16 2009, 06:59 PM) *
Second thing is really try to add those slides in there that he does to get to some of the notes. Watch the lesson and you'll know what I'm talking about. This will add some SPICE to it.

This weekend I want you to submit all of your final videos for week one. Mirus's lesson, the ryhthm and the solo for Joe's.

Will do man, I'm on it... smile.gif

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:31 AM