> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Dynamics Control, Lesson By Diego Budicin
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

mhskeide
Jan 17 2017, 09:10 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Original lesson: Dynamics Control by Diego Budicin

Not the best take, but the best I was able to record at the current time. Amplifire used for tones, but after rendering the final track, I thought it was a bit dry, so will try to improve that next vid.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2017, 01:26 AM
Instructor
Hi mate,

This lesson is great because it seems to be endless. There is always room to get more from the feeling and dynamics used by Diego on this lesson. Your take is on the right track, but there is obviously more room to adjust everything and take your expressive techniques to a new level.

The main elements to adjust here are pitch (in some bends and simple notes), timing (and groove), and dynamics, as well as some other details regarding vibrato, pinch harmonics and phrasing. This elements are a sum of small details that you could start polishing by comparing each phrase closely with the original and writing down which things you could improve regarding the elements that I've listed.

About your tone, I think that the mix of your video is lacking some high end, and your guitar is affected. I feel that your guitar needs more presence and definition, and yes some ambiance would be welcome too.

Keep on the hard work.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 24 2017, 11:26 AM
Instructor
Hi man, this is pretty impressive actually.. not that bad at all.

What I like about it as that you do have a good grasp of using the pick in different ways to enable strong accents and staccato phrases. Also some really nice pinch harmonics on the bends too - well done.

For me, the obvious thing that needed the most attention was that sometimes your phrases don't flow together smoothly, like there's an awkward transition between some of them. I don't know if this is due to needing more memorisation or if some of the movements are just harder for you but it's not a massive criticism, just something that would benefit your whole delivery overall.

I like the tone... one thing that is worth doing in the DAW is setting up a stereo reverb or delay, sending your guitar track to it and adjusting the fader until it feels your guitar is in the same 'room' as the track. You'd be surprised how unaffected guitar signals actually are, it's more about placing them in the mix right. If you do go for a delay, somewhere between 200-320mls with a very short feedback/repeat of between 3% and 6%

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 26 2017, 04:08 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

Basically my observations are similar to Gab's and Ben's. Your ability to control pick angle and dynamics is your strong point. The tone is just fine and it's additional tweaking is more a kind of personal preferences thing. For my taste a littly more of sparkling treble would sound even better. As for the delay and reverb Ben gave an important suggestion. Using it in stereo mode and insert on external, stereo fx tracks would make a difference. It's like with a real room. Each of your ears get's different reflections from different walls - the very on their time and loudness. For the delay - amount of delay has to be set by ear, but I can suggest most common settings for delay time in this kind of ballad playing. It's usually 360 ms for one channel and 500 ms for second one.

As for your playing there are 2 essential issues that are clearly visible: timing and pitch. Timing is close through most of take. It get's a bit off the closer to the end of take you get. Final runs needs polishing. As for pitch...unfortunately there much to be done on both fields - rechecking intontation of your instrument, more patient tuning process and more precise pitch on bends.

Overall i's a nice performance and focusing on those two things can make it sound pro

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 31 2017, 10:03 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:24 PM