Guitar Love Piano, lesson by Piotr
UncleSkillet
Jun 28 2009, 06:56 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
A few things to clean up still but I wanted to get your comments.

Attached File  Guitar_Loves_Piano_6.mp3 ( 1.86MB ) Number of downloads: 235

EDIT: New mix thanks to the great tip from wrk. Thanks Andy! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jun 28 2009, 07:48 PM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jun 28 2009, 07:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Just awesome Jeff......That lesson is right up your alley. Great tone and very nice control on that tricky phrasing.......\m/\m/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 28 2009, 07:27 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
very very nice Jeff ... smile.gif
I think you captured well how this tune should be played. Phrasing and still keep string noise low is really difficult here and you did this really well ... love it !

Sound is really nice as well. It would be cool if the guitar would be a bit louder or maybe a bit lesser reverb to have the guitar closer to the ear in the mix. Just a tiny thing to adjust to put your guitar in the right place.

Now i want to play this solo as well .. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jun 28 2009, 07:53 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jun 28 2009, 02:11 PM) *
Just awesome Jeff......That lesson is right up your alley. Great tone and very nice control on that tricky phrasing.......\m/\m/

Thanks Monte.

QUOTE (wrk @ Jun 28 2009, 02:27 PM) *
very very nice Jeff ... smile.gif
I think you captured well how this tune should be played. Phrasing and still keep string noise low is really difficult here and you did this really well ... love it !

Sound is really nice as well. It would be cool if the guitar would be a bit louder or maybe a bit lesser reverb to have the guitar closer to the ear in the mix. Just a tiny thing to adjust to put your guitar in the right place.

Now i want to play this solo as well .. biggrin.gif

Thanks Andy. I see what you mean and thanks for the tip. I agree 100% and uploaded a new mix. See what you think. smile.gif

Let me know if you upload a take wink.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 28 2009, 10:40 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Sounds great Jeff! smile.gif Funny you have been playing with this lesson, I've been playing around with a piano backing as well. I'll upload something in our thread. Go check it out..

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 30 2009, 11:38 AM
Instructor
Sounds great, and your tone is excellent, very good control! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jun 30 2009, 06:30 PM
Instructor
Wow! Great tone and control. I like it very much. You captured the mood, mate! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 30 2009, 06:43 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Ah .. i didn't saw you changed the mix. Great !!!
I find this way better like this. I can hear all the details and your nice vibrato ...

btw ... i love this fret noise before you start the final smile.gif. Often we try to avoid this, but here it adds something authentic to the take imo.

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Jun 30 2009, 09:02 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
Relaxing, you put a lot of feeling in your play, and the mix is great too

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 1 2009, 01:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 28 2009, 05:40 PM) *
Sounds great Jeff! smile.gif Funny you have been playing with this lesson, I've been playing around with a piano backing as well. I'll upload something in our thread. Go check it out..

Thanks Steve. This may be a good one for use to try and work on at some point. Its focus is on control and being a part of the music around you. Learning stuff like this early on will really help as you develope and start to work on more advanced techniques in the future.

Cheerios Bro! smile.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 30 2009, 06:38 AM) *
Sounds great, and your tone is excellent, very good control! smile.gif

Means a lot comming from a pro like you Ivan. I really appreciate your kind comment smile.gif Thanks for taking the time to listen.

QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Jun 30 2009, 01:30 PM) *
Wow! Great tone and control. I like it very much. You captured the mood, mate! smile.gif

This really makes it worth the effort! To hear this from you and to know I captured the mood of your leason (which is what I was going for) makes me feal great!

Keep the lessons comming smile.gif

QUOTE (wrk @ Jun 30 2009, 01:43 PM) *
Ah .. i didn't saw you changed the mix. Great !!!
I find this way better like this. I can hear all the details and your nice vibrato ...

btw ... i love this fret noise before you start the final smile.gif. Often we try to avoid this, but here it adds something authentic to the take imo.

Thanks Andy. It would really be nice if we could meet some day and JAM. I think our styles really compliment each other. smile.gif

As for the fret noise, it was all I could do to try and switch pickups and mute strings with my right hand laugh.gif I thinks it has a nice feal to it also and I appreciate your honest comments wink.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (Jad Diab @ Jun 30 2009, 04:02 PM) *
Relaxing, you put a lot of feeling in your play, and the mix is great too

I appreciate you taking the time to listen and your kind comments smile.gif
My wife said the same thing about it making you feal relaxed when you listen to it. I guess maybe she has an ear for music after all laugh.gif tongue.gif wink.gif

Cheers Jad Diab and good luck with your contest entry. Your piece sounds really nice smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jul 1 2009, 01:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Power_Arctica
Jul 5 2009, 12:41 PM
GMC:er
Really great tone! Nice take, i must check out this lesson!

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 5 2009, 02:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I enjoyed that, man. Piotr's lessons usually make me stop whatever else I might be thinking about. Nice take! Needs video now though. smile.gif

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jul 18 2009, 12:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome sound and feel ! smile.gif In a few places you need more discretion to avoid unwanted notes and sounds that aren't in the song. Towards the end you also had a small problem with the lick ending in a veeeery slow bend...

Anyway, this is virtually perfect, but you can still improve a tiny bit (this would pass the REC, of course !) biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Jul 18 2009, 08:54 PM
Instructor
The piano and the guitar is perfect together! Your sound is great! Nice playing!

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:01 PM