> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

23 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Tom51's Practice Thread, for Gab's Army
Tom51
Jun 13 2016, 02:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gab. That's most important that my playing gets better and I enjoy the time with my guitar wink.gif

Also started to learn this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...e-lesson2-lead/

Here is a video, I was trying to get timing right first.
https://youtu.be/L2LkAnXoIM4

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2016, 04:54 PM
Instructor
Nice! Promising playing on the video mate. Keep going!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Tom51
Jun 21 2016, 06:35 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
here is a first HIM style video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR2JQlXv6qk...em-upload_owner

and a new Gilmour recording with a tone that has less gain and is closer to the original lesson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_cXhPeNTrs...em-upload_owner

Besides the two above and the Gilmour Lead lesson I still work on Ben's Picking Hand Basic's and play every day minor pentatonic. I chose a key and then play all shapes up and down the fretboard. Once I got it I try to find nice melodies using all shapes and try connect them.

Is my practice to okay or should I make some changes?
Thanks Tom!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 21 2016, 03:30 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom,

Your practice sounds good! I've checked the two vids and I can say that you are doing the things correctly. You need to continue practising the HIM lesson to adjust timing with is an issue in the whole take, it's not dramatic, but things are not tight, put your focus on timing.

Gilmour lesson sounds good! It can be polished, but it's great to see you playing like that! Everything is closer. Please continue practising this one, compare your take with the original, each lick to see how it can be improved.

How much time do you have for practising nowadays?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Jun 21 2016, 03:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Usually around 2hrs, but I sometimes get lost with the lessons I like .

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 21 2016, 04:12 PM
Instructor
It's ok if you organise your time like this:

40 minutes: Him Lesson
40 minutes: Gilmour lesson
20 minutes: Picking hand basics
10 minutes: Playing once or twice other lessons you've worked.
10 minutes: Improvise over any of the backings.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Jul 17 2016, 11:52 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
was working the last weeks to get a decent take of two lessons as I want to start new lessons to keep motivation high.
I feel with both lesson I am somewhat near my current playing abilities so new improvements will be very small only.

Picking Hand Basic's
https://youtu.be/bZyUAT8KGLE

David Gilmour Lesson
two recordings with different tones. which do you prefer - or do you thing both are not a good choice?
https://youtu.be/chjMLHTnilg
https://youtu.be/1hYAAOYcmBg

Thanks for your feedback - Tom.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2016, 01:27 AM
Instructor
Hi Tom,

Great to see you working hard! I think that you've been working for enough time on this lessons that it's time to start working on new stuff. There remaining necessary improvements will happen with the pass of time, and with the work on other lessons and complementary exercises.

The lessons show improvements on each of the elements that we've talked about, and there is obviously more room yet. About your tone question I prefer vid: P1050094G. It sounds brighter and more present.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Jul 19 2016, 02:09 PM
Learning Roadie
These are the three lessons I started to work on:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...sciante-lesson/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...e-lesson2-lead/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pink-Floyd-Influences/

My choice was purely guided by taste - I just wanted something that I really enjoy.

Here is a video for the first one. I have been playing this for less than a week. Just to keep expectations right. wink.gif
https://youtu.be/Bk-qChorfok

This post has been edited by Tom51: Jul 19 2016, 02:09 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2016, 02:55 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom! Good choices!

Frusciante lesson is going really well! There is just some room to adjust timing, bending and dynamics, but very little room, you are so close mate. Congrats! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Jul 31 2016, 01:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab, was trying to improve bending dynamics and timing...hope its the right direction to get to a "perfect" take wink.gif

https://youtu.be/ArO3nCT4kqg

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2016, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom!! This sounds really good!! I can note your improvements on each of those elements. You've been doing a very good job mate!! The only detail that doesn't make this lesson a 10 is that the tuning of your guitar has some issues. Other than that this is a killer take.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Aug 1 2016, 06:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Tuning issues is bad...but that is my fault. Its getting very hot here at the moment and I store my guitar in its case.
When I take it out the temperature difference seems to be enough to change tuning after a while. Okay...another chance to learn from mistakes and make it better in the next video.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 2 2016, 06:54 PM
Instructor
Sure! We learn from our mistakes and you are learning here, so we are on track!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Aug 6 2016, 12:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab, I just recorded the Gilmour Lead lesson. Please let me know what you think.Thanks Tom.

https://youtu.be/DIM4dCfx5Z4

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 6 2016, 05:05 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom,

Nice take. I can notice that your bending is getting better and better. I don't hear relevant pitch issues on this one which is a great thing. What I think needs more attention is vibrato, and dynamics. There are also some slides at the end that are not sounding natural so isolating this section and work on sliding is a good idea.

Also, more days of practice and playing along with the original lesson can help you to get more from this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Aug 7 2016, 02:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes I can hear what you mean with the slides at the end. Will work on all issues you noticed.

Here is a first video from this lesson
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pink-Floyd-Influences/

https://youtu.be/LPU71eYH758

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 7 2016, 09:54 PM
Instructor
That's a good first take for this one. The lesson is really nice and has a beautiful feeling. You need to focus on the elements that we usually talk about, bending, vibrato, dynamics, and timing. Keep on practising with these things in mind.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tom51
Aug 14 2016, 09:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab - another Frusciante video. Guitar is tuned this time (checked before video on open strings, 12th and 18th fret!). I tried to fret notes above 15th fret very softly. If pressing to hard or a little from the side tuning goes up 2-3cent.

Also changed the tone to a different amp (from Fender Princeton Reverb to Marshall 69). Hopefully my changes are good and the overall playing comes near the last video from 2 weeks ago wink.gif

https://youtu.be/MNcwuQwfet0

This post has been edited by Tom51: Aug 14 2016, 10:00 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 14 2016, 04:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Tom! Good job!

Guitar is perfect now! Your playing is also good. There are only some little issues with bends which are not precise, nor of them. They are close but not perfect. Please isolate and practice them over the backing.

Have you seen my new RHCP lesson? I think that it's perfect for you!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:04 PM