Best Journey Songs?
steve25
Jun 1 2009, 11:07 PM
GMC:er
I'm getting into this band quite a bit which makes a nice break from all the metal and classical stuff which i listen to a lot these days. What are your favourite songs?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jun 1 2009, 11:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Escape.... Edge of the Blade.....Mother, Father....

Too many to name....They have a TON of great tunes. smile.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jun 1 2009, 11:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Absolutely love these guys.

Lets see favorite tracks

Separate Ways
Send Her my Love
Lights
..well pretty much anything off their greatest hits album

Steve Perry.....great vocals

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
guitarrista_sean
Jun 1 2009, 11:21 PM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Jun 1 2009, 06:13 PM) *
Absolutely love these guys.

Lets see favorite tracks

Separate Ways
Send Her my Love
Lights
..well pretty much anything off their greatest hits album

Steve Perry.....great vocals

Okay - a great and easy to play guitar song from Journey is "Any Way You Want It" -- simple main riff, and some fast lead lines. Look up the video on Youtube - a young Neal Schon ripping it up!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 2 2009, 12:10 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Wheel In The Sky.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bsamn
Jun 2 2009, 12:17 AM
dont stop believeing man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kahall
Jun 2 2009, 05:44 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 1 2009, 06:10 PM) *
Wheel In The Sky.. biggrin.gif

That is a good one as well as most songs from the Infinity album. Feeling that way & Anytime which they just put on the record with Anytime starting immediately after Feeling. No break between the 2...remember? That little thing made it awesome...I thought.

This post has been edited by kahall: Jun 2 2009, 05:44 AM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jun 2 2009, 08:24 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Agree with Skennington, wheel in the sky is one of their greatest IMO smile.gif
And you can`t avoid to smile when Don`t Stop believing is turned on either biggrin.gif

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
steve25
Jun 3 2009, 09:42 PM
Nice selection. My favourite at the moment is probably after all these years

+Quote Post
Canis
Jun 3 2009, 10:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Just a small town girl! Living in a loooney woooorld!
She took the midnight train, going aaaanyyyywheeeeere!

I love Don't stop Believing! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 3 2009, 11:00 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
If you can get hold of it I'd say 'Escape' is the album/cd to get. It has 'Don't stop' and also 'Who's crying now' - both great early 80s US AOR imo cool.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 4 2009, 03:52 AM
Lights , Wheel in the Sky , Faithfully, Open Arms.

They were the last band I saw live smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 6 2009, 11:25 PM
Instructor
Favorite songs? I have a bunch of them, I'm not really sure if I can tell only a few, it would be unfair to me if you know what I mean smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
steve25
Jun 7 2009, 11:53 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 6 2009, 11:25 PM) *
Favorite songs? I have a bunch of them, I'm not really sure if I can tell only a few, it would be unfair to me if you know what I mean smile.gif

Alright well which contains your favourite Journey solos smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:00 PM