> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 >  
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
ElHombre
Oct 31 2014, 11:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Looks like a really good video Cosmin. I will dig into the realm of drum writing soon smile.gif
As for now I think I nailed the frame of the song.

The songs is divided into: intro, chorus, verse, verse-theme, chorus, break, chorus

So the chorus I got, the intro and that break with a little guitar solo smile.gif
So, I have attacthed a file and I really like this I came up with smile.gif

Now its not perfected yet.
When you listen to this, a few things:
Im a bit unsure about that chord I take over the Cm chord. I pick a chord string by string, C, G, D
which is, C, 5th and 9th, becomes some kind of 9th chord, sounds cool but maybe not appropriate.

Also I didnt get it tight this time I still need to practice what I came up with biggrin.gif

But the things is, the chords start like this: Cm, Gm, Ab, Ab.
Now my guitar is in drop Ab which is nice for this tune.

So I kinda do, hit C note over cmchord- Ab (chugging), hit G over Gm chord (Ab chugging), then
ghost note hammer to Ab, so using the notes Ab, Ab over the Ab chord.

Then two power chords, Bb and C, over Bb chord and Cm chord
Then that Ebmaj7 arpeggio in the end sounds good to my ears, its a Eb major chord in that ending theme somwhere which makes it sounds good
what do u think

and a little guitar solo at the end

EDIT: I have listen to this many times now and it sounds really good
this got potential this riffing smile.gif like how it goes along with the song

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Nov 1 2014, 01:51 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  popmetal1.2.mp3 ( 985.3K ) Number of downloads: 56

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 2 2014, 10:30 AM
Instructor
Mate! I wouldn't change one thing biggrin.gif

It sounds fitting with the structure, groove and note choice and the riffs complement the vocals nicely!

That solo... it's very nice and I see you have served the music, by keeping things simple and melodic, using longer notes, but you should somehow take a decision here:

- come up with a mix in which the solo and the vocals blend together so that one will not disturb the other - see they cover pretty much the same frequence range and one tends to cover the other - to me at least.
- supress the vocals so that you may leave the solo up front smile.gif

This is how I see it and as I said, congrats! This is very musical and when you will be adding the drum and bass lines to complement the guitars, this will sound amazing! What do you think?

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Oct 31 2014, 10:54 PM) *
Looks like a really good video Cosmin. I will dig into the realm of drum writing soon smile.gif
As for now I think I nailed the frame of the song.

The songs is divided into: intro, chorus, verse, verse-theme, chorus, break, chorus

So the chorus I got, the intro and that break with a little guitar solo smile.gif
So, I have attacthed a file and I really like this I came up with smile.gif

Now its not perfected yet.
When you listen to this, a few things:
Im a bit unsure about that chord I take over the Cm chord. I pick a chord string by string, C, G, D
which is, C, 5th and 9th, becomes some kind of 9th chord, sounds cool but maybe not appropriate.

Also I didnt get it tight this time I still need to practice what I came up with biggrin.gif

But the things is, the chords start like this: Cm, Gm, Ab, Ab.
Now my guitar is in drop Ab which is nice for this tune.

So I kinda do, hit C note over cmchord- Ab (chugging), hit G over Gm chord (Ab chugging), then
ghost note hammer to Ab, so using the notes Ab, Ab over the Ab chord.

Then two power chords, Bb and C, over Bb chord and Cm chord
Then that Ebmaj7 arpeggio in the end sounds good to my ears, its a Eb major chord in that ending theme somwhere which makes it sounds good
what do u think

and a little guitar solo at the end

EDIT: I have listen to this many times now and it sounds really good
this got potential this riffing smile.gif like how it goes along with the song

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 3 2014, 06:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin.
Good Ideas, any specific guidelines for going along with the voice in the soloing except for using my ears biggrin.gif

I will def be adding bass I will record it soon so you can see what I can improve in the bass line too.
Not sure about drums yet.

In that case I will send the tracks to someone who can mix a bit and put up drums for a low fee
Cause I want to make a video now pretty soon with my new guitar and everything, has been a while
and it will take me a lot of time to dig in to drums which is a later project smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 4 2014, 06:30 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

Using your ears should be your primary weapon in this endeavor, so, first things first:

- figure out the voice line with the guitar
- record it and start tinkering by:

- adding some intervals or even full additional lines that could harmonize the vocal track
- adding some licks in the actual line that could make it sound more guitaristic

I would definitely recommend you to take care of the drums and then in respect to that, record the bass and tweak the guitars if needed - see, recording bass without a drum track is pretty much a hit and miss action, in my opinion, because the drum track will establish the pulse/ groove and chances are you won't have such a balanced groovy track if the bass was recorded without knowing how the drums would sound.

Let me know what you think, Erik smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 23 2014, 10:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
I wont have time to learn to program drums.
I need to get some cool stuff out on my youtube channel, before I will feature on a friends big channel who will then link me on to his subscribers so I need some vids to get started.

But I know what your thinking, the track already got drums (or more like just beats) but they wont fit the riff so its not 100 %
Well I dont want to put out something bad on the tube but. I think it wont be bad just cause its not 100 % worked through.
I will make this video to try to reach non-guitar intrests to my channel like people who listens to pop music anyway usually dont know about music

To me its sounds cool without drums, but of course it would be much better with drums.
Do you know someone who could program fitting drums quick easy and cheap? that would be the only way in that case
So how do I record bass for this?

I dont know much about bass.
Just do easy stuff like, playing the chord note and so on, dont know so much about grooving

I just recorded a quick track for you to listen, some further ideas implemented
Last part Im not 100 % sure in my composition
Gonna take a day and make everything clean and tightly recorded

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Nov 23 2014, 10:44 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  popmetal2.2.mp3 ( 4.09MB ) Number of downloads: 54

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 25 2014, 11:36 AM
Learning Rock Star
I got help from two friends biggrin.gif
A bassist and a Music producer so i Will have a Bass Line and drums

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 25 2014, 06:35 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik smile.gif

To be honest, I think that you should take the time to learn how to program instruments smile.gif Ask this guy that will write the drums for you to allow you to watch him at work and teach you how it's done smile.gif In that way, you will not only have to rely on others, but your musical abillities will grow exponentially!

I think it's definitely a good idea to try and see things this way. I love what you did with the recording though biggrin.gif Great riffing! Very melodic and fit with the tune! Keep me updated about this project, mate - maybe I can lay a solo on it, if you wish.

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 23 2014, 09:42 PM) *
I wont have time to learn to program drums.
I need to get some cool stuff out on my youtube channel, before I will feature on a friends big channel who will then link me on to his subscribers so I need some vids to get started.

But I know what your thinking, the track already got drums (or more like just beats) but they wont fit the riff so its not 100 %
Well I dont want to put out something bad on the tube but. I think it wont be bad just cause its not 100 % worked through.
I will make this video to try to reach non-guitar intrests to my channel like people who listens to pop music anyway usually dont know about music

To me its sounds cool without drums, but of course it would be much better with drums.
Do you know someone who could program fitting drums quick easy and cheap? that would be the only way in that case
So how do I record bass for this?

I dont know much about bass.
Just do easy stuff like, playing the chord note and so on, dont know so much about grooving

I just recorded a quick track for you to listen, some further ideas implemented
Last part Im not 100 % sure in my composition
Gonna take a day and make everything clean and tightly recorded

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 25 2014, 08:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
That would be very cool if you wanna make a solo
its going to be a youtube vid so if u record ur self with the solo mate smile.gif

The break part would be an excellent spot
its a 17 second long part so its kinda shot but def enough to make a solo smile.gif

And yeah cosmin, Im thinking of learning to play drums, physically as well
I would love to be independent with drums

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Nov 25 2014, 09:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 27 2014, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Most excellent smile.gif That I shall do - please tell me if there's a deadline or something of the sort, so that I can see how to alot time for it, ok?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 27 2014, 04:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
No deadline here but I want this done in 2 weeks preferably so that would be nice biggrin.gif
Does it fit you?

I uplodaded the song for you here
the solo part is at 3:05

Also one more question
Can I record bass before drums?
I will record a bass line today, then my friend will mix everything once you are done with the solo and then add drums

can it work?
It doesnt have to be perfect, but it cant be bad you know, the bass and drums
just wondering if there is any chance of a total "fuckup" by doing it this way xD

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Zara_Larsson_Carry_You_Home_Lyrics.mp3 ( 4.08MB ) Number of downloads: 71

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2014, 08:49 AM
Instructor
Hey Erik - thank you for the tune! biggrin.gif I will surely have fun with this!

Mate, I am afraid not - everything starts from the drums in this case - if you record bass first you will have a VERY hard time with the drums, so take my word for it and work on the drums first hand.

The bass has a very important connection role - it is the instrument that connects the drums with the guitars and other harmony based instruments. If you have no drums, it has nothing to connect with the guitars and when the drums would be added, maybe that connection would not be that good. Have the two connecting elements first and then make the connection - I hope that makes sense to you too smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 28 2014, 10:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah thats what I though smile.gif
The guy who mixes this has a band as well, his bassist will do a line for this smile.gif

Right now he is working on the drums so this will turn out awesome I hope smile.gif

Can be the thing that really kicks of my youtube channel, just got to find more ways of promoting the video.
I will also do a video soon with a friend who has a large youtube channel so it will contribute as well

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2014, 10:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 28 2014, 09:01 AM) *
Yeah thats what I though smile.gif
The guy who mixes this has a band as well, his bassist will do a line for this smile.gif

Right now he is working on the drums so this will turn out awesome I hope smile.gif

Can be the thing that really kicks of my youtube channel, just got to find more ways of promoting the video.
I will also do a video soon with a friend who has a large youtube channel so it will contribute as well

That sounds very good mate - I'll do my part as best as I can biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 29 2014, 01:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
The only problem for me right now is that this is VERY difficult to get tight.
The reason for it is the "djenty" tone (sounds awesome though) which makes especially the 7th string kind of unpredtictable.

Its the desired effect though u know that "bow" sound the 7th string makes.
However it varies in strenght and sound when you hit it which makes it hard to record 2 very similar tracks.

In my version, where I just put the guitar over the original song, you dont notice it.
But you might in the final mix, have a heavier/weaker "bow" sound in one ear than the other

To me its decent right now but can get better.
But I already spent like 8 hours + trying to get it better!

Its just impossible to get it perfect.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 30 2014, 02:20 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik - I usually am able to get too similar sounding takes of the same riff/phrase, if I practice it enough, especially when it comes down to dynamics. Make sure you focus on the intensity with which you are pushing the strings and picking with the right hand.

Try to record multiple takes and on each, focus on a certain aspect - pick harder, softer, push the strings harder or softer - select the one which sounds the best in your opinion (you're the only one who knows towards what you are aiming) and try to replicate it by first becoming conscious of what dynamics you have used when recording that particular take smile.gif This is how I'd approach it smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Dec 2 2014, 01:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
Good ideas, I have been thinking the same way.
I will try to get a recording as good as possible, often the stomach feel is good to rely on, you can feel if you like it or not.
Sometimes u feel like "wow 100 %" and it really is.
Then try to copy it.

Okay, my friend has started programming drums smile.gif
Also you already know this Cosmin but I write anyway: no effects on the solo recording smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 3 2014, 04:14 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik - I know EXACTLY what you're talking about smile.gif Getting the take that has the key elements:

- the awesome vibe
- the technical proficiency

.. is the one to aim for, but if you ask me, more often then not, it's important to aim for the vibe wink.gif People never really catch the little stuff we know and sometimes, sacrificing an awesome take for a little slip could be a pity. Of course, I'm not suggesting you should be a slacker, but in the situation in which you would find yourself forced to choose ... wink.gif

Of course I will send you the raw takes wink.gif No worries, I know the drill!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Dec 16 2014, 11:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin hows it going smile.gif
You think its possible to record yourself in a dark bakground?
I will be recording myself almost in a void-like background smile.gif

My friend adam made this sounds insane to my ears, and he is not done with it yet wink.gif
Drums were med really awesome, bass too

The guitar sounds really nice, powerful and "djenty" now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 17 2014, 05:10 PM
Instructor
Hey mate - I'll see what can be done wink.gif It shouldn't be a problem though, but it'll take a while more because I just sold my old audio interface and I am waiting for a new one which should be arriving about next week smile.gif Glad to hear it's all coming along nicely!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Dec 18 2014, 08:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Alright Cosmin smile.gif
do you think you can compose the solo and record a video before that?
So u can record the sound straight away smile.gif

would appricate it, would be nice to have the video out before new year

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:26 AM