Ghost In The Pedal Board
Hardtail
Jan 29 2011, 05:38 AM
GMC:er
I run a straight and simple setup:

Guitar > Boss TU-2 Tuner > Keeley Blues Driver > Keeley Distortion DS-1 > Boss Delay DD-5 w/ footswitch > Sansamp GT2 > Amp

I run a 200mA DC converter to the TU-2 then run a PCS daisy chain from the TU-2 to power the BD-2, DS-1, and DD-5. The sansamp I power separately.

3 issues (I think they are related)

1. When one of the unused plugs on the PCS Daisy Chain touches the metal on a nearby pedal it creates a line-level "hum".

2. Pedals randomly turn off and on (rarely but it happens).

3. The output volume will drop to near-zero level after a while. Getting mad and smashing all the pedals seems to get the volume back up for a bit.

I'm not sure if my DC converter is dying or if I have a ground issue. Why would the PCS plugs cause "hum" when you are only touching the outside of them (the positive side) to a pedal... unless something is trying to ground itself in the pedals?

I'll keep toying around with different configurations but any advice would be great!

Hardtail

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:13 PM