2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Drumming Lessons?, How many of you guys would want drum lessons?
Drum lessons?
Would you want drum lessons on GMC?
Yes [ 23 ] ** [57.50%]
No [ 15 ] ** [37.50%]
It depends ( note: clarify below) [ 2 ] ** [5.00%]
Total Votes: 40
Guests cannot vote 
Kizaze44
Sep 17 2007, 01:43 AM
GMC:er
I voted NO. I was just wondering if there was something like GMC for drummers and Thilo showed us how to find it. (Thanks Thilo - my son has already checked it out and learned a few new tricks.)

There's nothing like GMC, so let's not change it!!

Kiz

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
strat_daniel
Sep 17 2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks for all the responses, guys. We got some good feedback from some instructors and a lot of members. I checked out freedrumlessons.com and those are pretty good lessons. biggrin.gif

I do like Juan's idea, though. I think of couple of lessons on drum programming might be a lot more helpful than drumming, especially with the number of members who record or want to record, and two or three lessons shouldn't detract from the guitar section. What do you guys think?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 17 2007, 09:52 PM
GMC Founder
This is an interesting discussion - if we would ever present drum lessons, it would be as a little "extra" feature for sure.

Now as a guitarist - the strongest argument I could think of would be that my lack of drum-understanding is a stronlgly limiting factor for my songwriting. And since one of my goals is to be able to write and produce killer songs. To me, that's a pretty strong argument...! smile.gif

PS In other words I agree with Juan!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 17 2007, 10:26 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Sep 16 2007, 04:58 PM) *
I think that it's interesting, but I think that is most important do a "how to program drums" masterclass wink.gif

+1 - I think something on drum patterns, midi maps and that sort of thing would be great as it would allow many/most of us who use drum software etc an insight into how to program our own flams, rolls and so on to make our recordings sound great. Yes you can get the midi files but it would be nice to get an insight in to how to do it.

I don't however want to learn how to play drums - apart from anything else I haven't the rrom or the money for a drumkit rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 17 2007, 10:35 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
My vote was NO. I wouldn't want to sacrifice any guitar lessons before drums.

Vocals and bass, which was cut, is closer at hand for me as a guitarist.

And I'd rather see other areas in music that's closer at hand.
Like lessons in song writing, mix and master etc.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 17 2007, 10:59 PM
I voted " No" , Why ? Simply because this is a guitarist site. If anything Id like more bass lessons before guitar lessons. After seeing that freedrum website what else would you need as a drummer ?

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
visi0n
Sep 17 2007, 11:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 16 2007, 06:21 AM) *
I voted for No. Because all we would have is lessons on drums and maybe 0.1% of GMC-ers actually having chance of practicing drums because drums are expensive and buying it just to have a 2 days fun is kinda stupid IMO.

Honestly, how many of you would actually take it serious and sit with drums and practice?

I totally agree with Pavel ... unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 18 2007, 01:31 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 17 2007, 10:35 PM) *
My vote was NO. I wouldn't want to sacrifice any guitar lessons before drums.

Vocals and bass, which was cut, is closer at hand for me as a guitarist.

And I'd rather see other areas in music that's closer at hand.
Like lessons in song writing, mix and master etc.

I agree, the Vocals and Bass are a great addition for sure biggrin.gif but drums.....maybe how to use a drum machine but not play drums! wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
visi0n
Sep 18 2007, 02:22 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thats just something thats not going to work, i mean how much people have his own drums at his home? hmm dont know, think that drum lessons wont work .. in my opinion smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayen
Sep 18 2007, 03:31 AM
QUOTE (strat_daniel @ Sep 16 2007, 01:50 PM) *
To Slash and mattacuk: Fair enough smile.gif ( oh yeah, sorry Ayen!)

Nothing to be sorry about, I just didn't want to put down a great idea with an "It depends". Drums are great, but I'm a guitar player at heart.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 18 2007, 03:39 AM
Lets go fishing!
Any suggestion (withing reason - fishing masterclass laugh.gif ) is a good one smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 18 2007, 03:51 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 17 2007, 06:39 PM) *
Any suggestion (withing reason - fishing masterclass laugh.gif ) is a good one smile.gif

Anyone wanna post a video on how to fly fish ? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 18 2007, 04:14 AM
Learning Roadie
Kris, maybe you could contact the guy from Freedrumlessons and see about doing some kind of affiliation thing?

The general consensus seems to be that mixing/mastering and doing drum software would be useful, but learning to play drums is already well covered and would detract from the site's main purpose, so no? I agree with that tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 19 2007, 05:36 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Sep 17 2007, 09:14 PM) *
Kris, maybe you could contact the guy from Freedrumlessons and see about doing some kind of affiliation thing?

The general consensus seems to be that mixing/mastering and doing drum software would be useful, but learning to play drums is already well covered and would detract from the site's main purpose, so no? I agree with that tongue.gif

yeah, thats what i told Kris! its a great idea imo, what do you say Kris? tongue.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:47 AM