John Petrucci 8 String Majesty!
Todd Simpson
Sep 22 2020, 02:42 AM
GMC:er
Yup. For the upcoming DT recording sessions, Petrucci is going to get an EIGHT STRING version of his MAJESTY guitar. I wondered how long he could go without joining in on the fun smile.gif He's been a 7 string guy for a long time of course. It looks like he is finally going low and adding that deeeep string. Of all the players out there, I'm curious to see what he does with it. The vocabulary of eight string licks could use a bit of JP imho. I wonder if he will take the TOSIN ABASI funk bass approach or do something else?

QUESTION: WOULD YOU WANT AN EIGHT STRING MAJESTY?

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/john-petru...m-theater-album

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 22 2020, 02:44 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Sep 22 2020, 03:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
I think he was supposed to use an 8 string guitar for the velocity album but he didn't.

If I remember correct, either Ernie Ball couldn't make him an 8 guitar on time or couldn't make a good 8 string guitar.

I don't think the company ever constructed an 8 string guitar before.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2020, 12:08 AM
Instructor
I don't think that it looks nice. It's a bit exaggerated, but it would be a great tool in my studio. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 23 2020, 01:24 AM
GMC:er
It's just a mockup. I hope the actual guitar looks a bit more balanced smile.gif They evidently tried it once before and it didn't work out. It's going to be his signature model so it had better be good! : )

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 22 2020, 07:08 PM) *
I don't think that it looks nice. It's a bit exaggerated, but it would be a great tool in my studio. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:16 PM