Finger Injury
Tryton
Feb 3 2011, 10:08 PM
GMC:er
I injured my pointer finger on my left hand a while back, it never quite completely healed and although it hasen't
ever really affected my playing, lately I've noticed that there is some pain now when I play. The first joint is very stiff compared
to my right hand and my knuckle hurts at certain points while playing. Now that I'm paying attention to this I find that I have altered
the position of my hand while playing to avoid the pain which IS now affecting my playing.

Does anyone have any ancient chienese secrets or advice or similar story that I can use to figure out how to get past this. We have a deadline of June to have our CD written and recorded so stopping playing is not an option at this time.

I think I just need some nurturing as the thought of going backwards in the little skill I have is starting to depress me. sad.gif

Any words of advice or wisdom are welcome.

Peace

Greg

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tryton: Feb 3 2011, 10:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Feb 3 2011, 10:16 PM
Instructor
Mmm... usually, if you play over and over with pain in your hand, you don't get any good result. I know that sometimes deadlines are pushing you to work hard but you have to consider your long-term health. My advice is to talk with a doctor. Some of them are specialized on this kind of problems.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 3 2011, 10:19 PM
I'd rest your hand starting immediately. You can work on writing material without stressing it much, if at all. If you want to be able to play your stuff without pain, or even play it full stop, as this could get even worse, rest.

If it has swelled up, ice it down for 10 min at a time, every hour. Go easy on this, you don't want frostbite.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Feb 3 2011, 10:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Resting your hand would be your best bet, but as that is not an option (I understand that), I would head over to a doctor, get some advices, and carefully warm up before playing -every time- without exceptions smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 3 2011, 10:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Hope it gets better. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Tryton
Feb 4 2011, 10:03 PM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Feb 3 2011, 03:27 PM) *
Resting your hand would be your best bet, but as that is not an option (I understand that), I would head over to a doctor, get some advices, and carefully warm up before playing -every time- without exceptions smile.gif

Yes, this is something that I need to do religioulsy.

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 4 2011, 10:17 PM
I thought I picked up an injury the night before this was posted, shrugged it off. Turns out there is an injury and haven't been playing the last 48 hours.. I feel your pain Tryton.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:57 AM