Doomy Prog Metal :)
Trond Vold
Dec 8 2008, 01:31 PM
Instructor
Yesyes, cooked up a new one over the weekend smile.gif
This one has got more of a doomy feel, but i've also tried to insert some more happy sounding sections. And some uptempo sections, like the first part.

I was thinking it would be suitable with some low-brow growling on the first verse smile.gif Anyone wanna give it a go? biggrin.gif

The structure is finished, but i still need some solos and some additional synths here and there. Also, volumes need to be adjusted in some sections.

Attached File  lalalalala.mp3 ( 7.6MB ) Number of downloads: 252

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 8 2008, 01:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That awesome Trond!

I would love to see a lesson on how to create those synths using VST's!

Either way you're very talented my friend! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Dec 8 2008, 02:05 PM
GMC:er
This is awesome! Sounds like my favorite gothic/doom metal band Draconian biggrin.gif
I agree with Opeth we need a lesson like that

This post has been edited by Disturbed21: Dec 8 2008, 02:06 PM

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Dec 8 2008, 02:05 PM
Instructor
I agree with opeth.db, such VSTi lesson would be really great as you masterded them smile.gif.

Edit: I've just checked your personal board and your recording guide. That helped me a lot - thanks mate smile.gif!

This post has been edited by Kuba Szafran: Dec 8 2008, 02:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
gibsonmatte
Dec 8 2008, 02:10 PM
Sounds great Trond!

I get a "Paradise Lost" kinda of vibe when listening to the parts with the "happy sounding sections". I like a lot!

--------------------
My Last FM page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Dec 8 2008, 10:53 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys! biggrin.gif

A vsti lesson is doable smile.gif I'll see if i can come up with something good!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Dec 9 2008, 01:42 PM
You compose songs like insane! how could i miss this post.. Once again this is incredible.. Beautiful melodies with powerfull dark riffing ph34r.gif I like this song very much, reminds me a bit of Nymphetamine at some parts! And i see that watching horror movies influenced you a lot biggrin.gif
You have EMG`s on your Jackson? Sounds veery powerful ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Dec 9 2008, 04:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Dec 9 2008, 01:42 PM) *
You compose songs like insane! how could i miss this post.. Once again this is incredible.. Beautiful melodies with powerfull dark riffing ph34r.gif I like this song very much, reminds me a bit of Nymphetamine at some parts! And i see that watching horror movies influenced you a lot biggrin.gif
You have EMG`s on your Jackson? Sounds veery powerful ohmy.gif

Thanks alot biggrin.gif
Nymphetamine is a great great song (One of the few CoF songs i really like), so thanks for the comparison smile.gif

Yep. I use EMG's smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 5 2010, 03:52 AM
Learning Roadie
Wow! i like the doomy, heavy atmosphere!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:13 PM