Favourite Marty Solo ?
Ben Higgins
Nov 17 2010, 07:43 PM
Instructor
Kind of a self explanatory topic but: What is your favourite Marty Friedman solo ? My fave is probably Captive Honour by Megadeth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_BOUuKCGY begins 3.42 smile.gif It's just the attitude and the way he squeezes those bends !! Typical Friedman !!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 17 2010, 08:52 PM
GMC:er
cool.gif i just love and can't stop hearing Tornado of Souls solo, but i also enjoy must of his solos on his Solos album..especial Angel and Elixir +-+

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Nov 17 2010, 08:53 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gary
Nov 17 2010, 09:31 PM
Valley of Eternity on his Scenes CD. When Marty stomps the wah in that solo it's off the charts incredible.

Ben, how about teaching one of Marty's easier songs like Tibet?.. that would be AWESOME smile.gif

Gary

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 18 2010, 12:11 AM
Learning Tone Master
It changes. Too often. Today, as many other days, it is the second solo of that enka song he did with Yashiro Aki, but I cant remember the name... closed followed by Snowfall from the R.U.O.K album with Aikawa Nanase biggrin.gif But I love some of the things he have been doing with Kotoko and Kitade Nana! Also, the solo on both the Lovefixer songs are AWESOME! Even though I love the ToS solo, I think the new stuff he is doing now pulverizes it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Nov 18 2010, 12:11 AM

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 18 2010, 01:35 AM
Instructor
that whole song encaptures a lot of Marty's playing:

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 18 2010, 10:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 17 2010, 07:52 PM) *
cool.gif i just love and can't stop hearing Tornado of Souls solo, but i also enjoy must of his solos on his Solos album..especial Angel and Elixir +-+

Yes, Tornado is such a classic.. great build up and climax.. Marty shows us all how it's done !! wink.gif

QUOTE (Gary @ Nov 17 2010, 08:31 PM) *
Valley of Eternity on his Scenes CD. When Marty stomps the wah in that solo it's off the charts incredible.

Ben, how about teaching one of Marty's easier songs like Tibet?.. that would be AWESOME smile.gif

Gary

Yes, V.O.E is a beautiful song, Gary !! Ok, I'll keep that in mind for Tibet ! smile.gif

QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Nov 17 2010, 11:11 PM) *
It changes. Too often. Today, as many other days, it is the second solo of that enka song he did with Yashiro Aki, but I cant remember the name... closed followed by Snowfall from the R.U.O.K album with Aikawa Nanase biggrin.gif But I love some of the things he have been doing with Kotoko and Kitade Nana! Also, the solo on both the Lovefixer songs are AWESOME! Even though I love the ToS solo, I think the new stuff he is doing now pulverizes it smile.gif

I must admit, I haven't really followed the music he's been making in Japan recently.. but after your recommendations, I think I'm going to check it out !! smile.gif

QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Nov 18 2010, 12:35 AM) *
that whole song encaptures a lot of Marty's playing:

Oh yes, a total classic !! Gotta love the' late 80's for the Cacophony / Dragon's Kiss years !! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Nov 18 2010, 10:38 AM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Simply can't decide... I love his Cacophony and Megadeth era equally, and his solo albums rock. But I think it would be eather Symphony of Destruction or Posion was the Cure.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 18 2010, 10:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Nov 18 2010, 09:38 AM) *
Simply can't decide... I love his Cacophony and Megadeth era equally, and his solo albums rock. But I think it would be eather Symphony of Destruction or Posion was the Cure.

Absolutely Zsolt ! Great choices.....! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 18 2010, 11:10 AM
GMC Founder
As far as shreddy stuff goes I think tornado - but then I love his stuff on scenes especially his soloing on Valley Of Eternity!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 18 2010, 11:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 18 2010, 10:10 AM) *
As far as shreddy stuff goes I think tornado - but then I love his stuff on scenes especially his soloing on Valley Of Eternity!

There's a lot of love for Tornado Of Souls and the Scenes album so far !! smile.gif Good stuff, keep 'em coming guys !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 18 2010, 01:13 PM

cool.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:26 AM