Scales And Solos
Pakal
Sep 12 2007, 02:11 PM
GMC:er
Hi Kris.
I have a question.... i already seen the "Beginner Scales lesson", and my question is: when jaming around with the scales with the backing track, how i know which note to play? i mean... ie: lets say the backing track is E G A D, when the backing track is on G, which notes i have to play, and when is on A, and D and E...

You play the notes of the scale randomly no matter which chord is on the backing track, or play a especific notes for each chord?

Tnks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 22 2007, 06:22 PM
Lets go fishing!
Pakal,
im no Kris Dahl yet (although my technique is fast building! wink.gif ) but when improvsing to backing tracks you dont have to worry to much about what notes you playing - try sliding around the scale and find out what sounds best for you ! you will enjoy playing alot more so just experiment and try and stay in the scale box wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pakal
Sep 23 2007, 03:18 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 22 2007, 12:22 PM) *
Pakal,
im no Kris Dahl yet (although my technique is fast building! wink.gif ) but when improvsing to backing tracks you dont have to worry to much about what notes you playing - try sliding around the scale and find out what sounds best for you ! you will enjoy playing alot more so just experiment and try and stay in the scale box wink.gif

Hi mattacuk, tnks for the replay.

Ok, so, i just play the scale and trust on my ear biggrin.gif
I try to stay in the box, so, i need to increase my speed, experiment, and have fun. cool.gif
tnks again for the advise!!!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 23 2007, 04:43 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pakal @ Sep 23 2007, 03:18 PM) *
Hi mattacuk, tnks for the replay.

Ok, so, i just play the scale and trust on my ear biggrin.gif
I try to stay in the box, so, i need to increase my speed, experiment, and have fun. cool.gif
tnks again for the advise!!!

yes! thats the way to do it wink.gif Try Kris Pentatonic 101 lessons as he will show you how to slide between scale boxes - after lots of practice to backing tracks you will soon be flying all over the fret board!!

At first you can practice just moveing around the scales - then when you are confident try adding licks, bends and vibrato to your playing!

Blues licks are a great place to start !

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:08 PM