Mvc : Nomination Thread
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 13 2009, 02:50 PM
Moderation Policy Director
This is the thread to nominate members who you want to become "Most Valued Contributers" (MVC).

Check this thread for an explanation of the program:

[https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=30421

You can add as many nominations as you lilke in a single post, but for each one you must describe what they have done or are doing to deserve promotion to an MVC - just a couple of sentences will do, but bear in mind that for your nomination to stand out the more thorough a job you do the better!

Current Nominees:

ZakkWylde
Jafomatic
Sollesnes
Kaznie_NL
Visi0n
Superize
SensibleJones
NoSkill
Caelumamittendum
Marc_maiden
Tolek
Canis
Bondy
Uncleskillet
Lcsdds
Staffy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Feb 19 2010, 09:55 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
jafomatic
Aug 13 2009, 03:09 PM
GMC:er
Just cruised through the member list expecting to this nominee was already in the senior group and ... he's not!

So. I hereby nominate ZakkWylde to be added to the ranks of GMC senior for the following reasons:

- ZakkWylde will go out of his way to find you a left handed guitar in austria
- ZakkWylde will find you the address of that music store
- ZakkWylde will translate love songs into german for lonely southern californian gentlemen
- ZakkWylde is seven feet tall (yes, I've heard)
- ZakkWylde will help you wire your new pickups from far away
- ZakkWylde knows the exact frequencies of resonation for the wood that was used to build Vin Diesel's head
- ZakkWylde also knows the correct types of guitar pickups that would work best in Vin Diesel's head

Really, just that he's very well experienced and seems to go quite far out of his way to help others. Two qualities I personally hold in high regard.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 13 2009, 05:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I agree with jafo, ZakkWylde! for the Gear section! He helped me tons with my new pickup installation! I also think Jafomatic is a good one, because he's very active on chat (so real-time helping) and he has helped me quite a lot with the mixing of my competition entry!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Aug 13 2009, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Aug 13 2009, 11:33 AM) *
I agree with jafo, ZakkWylde! for the Gear section! He helped me tons with my new pickup installation! I also think Jafomatic is a good one, because he's very active on chat (so real-time helping) and he has helped me quite a lot with the mixing of my competition entry!

Kaz, I'm totally flattered and moved by this, but I really doubt I've been around long enough for such an honor to seem appropriate.

Thanks though, means a lot smile.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 13 2009, 05:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Aug 13 2009, 06:35 PM) *
Kaz, I'm totally flattered and moved by this, but I really doubt I've been around long enough for such an honor to seem appropriate.

Thanks though, means a lot smile.gif

Jep, I actually wanted to mention that as a minus point tongue.gif The problem with peeps who are just around, is that they often leave as fast as they came! Thanks for your support man!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Aug 13 2009, 06:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
I nominate jafomatic, the one who's been babysitting me in the chat room throughout this holiday, helped me fix various bits and pieces on guitar, acquire greater knowledge in the realm of music (theory and practice), edited my personal photo just out of pure curiosity and benevolence, and definitely set a very good mood in the chat's atmosphere, always ready to help those new to GMC and guitar.

No need to thank me, jafomatic, it is I who should thank you ! smile.gif

EDIT: In my enthusiasm I forgot to add that I think Sollesnes also deserves a little more privileges in this community, first of all because he is Norwegian (joking tongue.gif), he's always helpful in chat, knows more theory than most, has guitar skills that people would kill him for, is going to play Mojo Oro full speed, and because he is a very active, respected, helpful member. I would like to add that he has helped me with feedback when it comes to my guitar playing, and also to my composition skills (I'm referring to Emir's wonderful neoclassical collaboration).

This post has been edited by Alexiaden93: Aug 13 2009, 06:25 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 13 2009, 06:17 PM
I would like to nominate Kaznie_NL and Visi0n

Kaznie for the reason he's been here for a long time and always made his best to help others despite his young age, and I don't think there's a gmc member who doesn't know him tongue.gif

Visi0n has dissapeard from the forum over the last couple of months as well as myself and other gmc "oldies", but I would still like to nominate him because he was one of the first people I met on gmc and he really helped me progress and I feel that through his incredible recordings he inspired many GMCers to improve smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 13 2009, 06:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
Wow I am nominated! Thanks guys!

My nominations would be GMCer's who contribute a lot to the Forum, have a reasonable post count, are always friendly and helpful, participate in almost every action going on at GMC (Mtp, virtual bands, Rec, Wiki, Student Instructor, etc...).
Overall: Members that make this forum what it is today!

-KaznieNL: 3500+ posts, almost 2 year member, active Wiki:er and helping Fran to coordinate the wiki if I remember correctly, VB member and almost partaking in every Collaboration, active on the forum all the time, always friendly and helpfull GMCer!

-Supersize: 3000+ posts, 2year+ member, Student Instructor, in a lot of collabs, we all look up to his dedication in the REC program, metalhead happy.gif , constantly posting in the forums and always friendly!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 13 2009, 06:33 PM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Aug 13 2009, 03:09 PM) *
- ZakkWylde knows the exact frequencies of resonation for the wood that was used to build Vin Diesel's head
- ZakkWylde also knows the correct types of guitar pickups that would work best in Vin Diesel's head

+1 Purely for the Vin Diesel Knowledge!!! laugh.gif

Seriously though, a definite vote for my fellow 'Tech Head'!!! smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Bondy
Aug 13 2009, 07:51 PM
Learning Roadie
I would like to nominate Sensible Jones for his awesome work in the wiki, and Superize, the effort he puts into GMC ( especially the REC prog) is second to none and he's an all round top GMCer. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 13 2009, 08:18 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I nominate:
Sensible Jones for his huge devotion to the Wiki.
Kaznie_nl for his long time activeness and friendliness on the forum.
Zakk Wylde for his helpfulness and friendliness on the forum.
Superize for his hard work for the REC.
Jafomatic for his activeness in the chat.
and last but not least, NoSkill for his helpfulness and friendliness.

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 13 2009, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Wow i am honered being nominated....

Now i would like to nominate

Zakk Wylde. He has been on the site for over 2 years and is always helpful on the forum

Kaznie.NL. Helping and participaiting in almost eveyrthing GMC has to offer and is always helping on the forum

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 13 2009, 09:12 PM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Aug 13 2009, 07:51 PM) *
I would like to nominate Sensible Jones for his awesome work in the wiki, and Superize, the effort he puts into GMC ( especially the REC prog) is second to none and he's an all round top GMCer. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Wow!! Thanks Bondy!!!

QUOTE (Matt23 @ Aug 13 2009, 08:18 PM) *
I nominate:
Sensible Jones for his huge devotion to the Wiki.

Really appreciate that Matt!!! Thank you!!!
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Aug 13 2009, 09:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 13 2009, 09:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks guys!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 13 2009, 10:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've gotta say, for all the reasons allready mentioned (also for beeing really nice chaps!)
Kaznie, Jones, Superize and Zakk are among those who deserve recognition around here =)

Oh, and Caelumamittendum. He has helped alot in many diffrent areas, whether he's aware of it or not tongue.gif

Oh, oh, and Tolek of course! He's helpful, dedicated, full of knowledge, and I bet he's gonna stay here for a while ^^

This post has been edited by Canis: Aug 13 2009, 11:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 14 2009, 12:42 AM
Instructor
Tough choice.. but I would say ZakkWylde and Kaznie cause they are on the forum for quite some time and are always active giving advices to people and participating in every activity.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 14 2009, 01:52 AM
Learning Tone Master
This is gonna be an interesting vote, lots of members are deserving a Senior rank!

-

To all nominees: What will be your personal slogan IN CASE you become a senior?
IF I make it I guess I'll have no other choice than *GMC PICKUP GUIDE* tongue.gif

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 14 2009, 03:00 AM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Aug 14 2009, 01:52 AM) *
This is gonna be an interesting vote, lots of members are deserving a Senior rank!

-

To all nominees: What will be your personal slogan IN CASE you become a senior?
IF I make it I guess I'll have no other choice than *GMC PICKUP GUIDE* tongue.gif

More like *GMC PICKUP GOD*
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdriver
Aug 14 2009, 03:48 AM
I would like to nominate Sensible Jones, for his great knowledge about pretty much everything.

I would also nominate ZakkWylde for his quick help to so many members.

Last but not least, Kaznie because he is a true participant, the kind we'd like to attract more of.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Aug 14 2009, 05:13 AM
i agree with the others, Kaznie and Zakk

heres to giving up their social life for the better good of GMC Cheers!!!

(just kidding)

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:02 AM