> Quick Licks #59 4 String Traverse Alternate Picking Shred Lick
Todd Simpson
post Dec 22 2018, 07:42 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

THERE IS NO SPEED REQUIREMENT IN QUICK LICKS. PLAY THIS AT ANY SPEED YOU LIKE.

LET"S SHRED!!!!!! In this Quick Licks we Traverse 4 Strings while alternate picking. This is a "Shred Lick" you can work up some serious speed!!! You don't have to play it fast for your vid, just keep it as part of your warm up/practice routine and speed will happen with practice. Feel free to try the Ben Higgins approach and do the lick in bursts, e.g. first 3 notes, then first 4, etc. as a fast run and keep adding to it. Don't give up on working with a metronome though as being able to play "in time" is critical to being a good musician and folks that can play to a beat/click/drum, are people who can actually play.

*NOTE: As always, try Keep it smooth and under control. If you find you are losing control, slow down just a pinch. If you want to add one take where you are pushing the edge for speed and get a bit wonky, that's perfectly fine.

Attached File  59.gp5 ( 1.92K ) Number of downloads: 8776

Attached Image

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS: Keep a solid palm mute and don't let your picking get loose!

Hit me up with any questions!
Todd

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
onetabmat
post Jan 2 2019, 08:01 PM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 23.212

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 5 2019, 08:34 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Quick and Dirty is what Quick Licks is all about!!! Get in, get out, learn a new lick. It's the foundation of what this program is for. You have been doing great at this. You clearly can play all of these and y you pick them up quick!! You have picked them up quicker than anyone else and that's why you are the TOP DAWG!!!! Several of this licks are just flat out difficult. This is one of them and you blisteringly tore it up!!!! As with all of these, your missing a note here or there but that's fine. This isn't Bootcamp or REC. It's QUICK LICKS!!!! So keep it quick and dirty and keep marching on!!! You just KRUSHED it again and ...

LEVELED UP!!!!!
*You remain our TOP DAWG in Quick Licks and are the Highest Ranking GMC MemberEVER. Let me repeat that, EVER!!!!! In Quick Licks. smile.gif Congrats!!!
Attached Image
Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jan 2 2019, 03:01 PM) *

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Sep 19 2019, 07:47 PM
Post #4

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.298

--------------------
For some prog metal made by yours truly, check out:

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/storm-linnebjerg-a-celestial-voyage-full-demo

And subscribe to my Youtube Channel and Instagram here! and here!
...and my Twitch:HERE!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Sep 30 2019, 03:29 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

WOW!! The lick was perfect. Best I've seen yet. Then you added your own improv to it that matched the lick. That was the icing on the cake. A killer bit of playing that matched perfectly. Super well done on this one. It was TOIGHT!!!!!!
You just...
LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image

Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 19 2019, 02:47 PM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 01:42 PM