Gospel Guitar, guitar
kingwayne
Apr 15 2010, 08:14 PM
GMC:er
can anyone tell me ehere i can get some instruction on praise and worship guitar.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 16 2010, 01:17 AM
Not quite sure, I didn't know too much about Gospel guitar, but you should find something on google

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 16 2010, 02:11 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well, Gospel music doesn't really have a distinct guitar sound, In fact I would say there really isn't one at all. Any Gospel music with guitar is usually just doing any basic chord/ rhythm structure that is only meant to support the general structure and provide a basis for the vocals. Gospel music is really more vocally driven I would say, The guitar is a support instrument that has no distinct direction, tone, or way of playing.

In fact if you google "Gospel Guitar", The samples you get can easily be pinpointed into blues, country, or bluegrass even. But maybe someone else besides me knows better.

+Quote Post
OzRob
Apr 20 2010, 10:42 AM
QUOTE (kingwayne @ Apr 16 2010, 05:14 AM) *
can anyone tell me ehere i can get some instruction on praise and worship guitar.

Are you looking for the Hillsong sound? Look on youtube for Nigel Hendroff. He has some vids, but IMO just go straight to the source and look for how The Edge (U2) does it. Generally, you'd be wanting to achieve a resonant sound of a tube amp just breaking up and using dual delay (a short slapback delay, and a second long decaying delay).

Even the more modern stuff like Chris Tomlin, Jesus Culture, Planetshakers etc don't generally employ "outside the box" effects because they're making music that can be easily learnt by church music teams. Basically, you're looking at a pop/light rock sound so smooth overdrive, chorus, delay - in terms of style, very much bluesy licks and simple rock riffs.

Unc is correct in that guitar in modern praise music is really supporting the singers, it doesn't drive the music.

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:30 PM