Kris's One On One Lessons, video plays erratically
FAST EDDIE
Dec 18 2007, 04:32 AM
GMC:er
To my fellow Shredders,

Has anyone experienced the video clips stopping and starting on Kris's One on One lessons. I believe it is probably my computer. (not fast enough). Also occasionally on the regular vids the video stops and the word "BUFFERING " appears like the video is loading and a few seconds later it starts again. Any help would be appreciated. I have a newer Gateway Cougar with 250gb of memory and it works well with most applications though I have seen this when trying to watch video on other websites as well.

Thanks for your help and Keep Shredding,
Fast Eddie unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[font=Trebuchet Ms][size=1][font=Comic Sans Ms][font=Century Gothic][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Fixedsys][font=Century Gothic]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Dejan Farkas
Dec 18 2007, 09:20 AM
Instructor
It's not up to the computer but the internet connection, buffering means that the computer is receiving data from internet so it has to pause the streaming smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nobody
Dec 18 2007, 09:54 AM
Yep - Dejan is right. The easy way to avoid this is to pause the lesson until your computer downloads it into a temporary folder. The videos in "1 on 1" are kind of big so you will have to wait for a while but once downloaded you won't have any problems :]

Hristian

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 18 2007, 11:29 AM
GMC Founder
If the computer has a very old processor or not enough ram - buffering might not do the trick... I will pm you a solution to this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Dec 20 2007, 03:53 PM
Its your internet connection.
The data being transferred from the GMC video server is pushing more data than your internet provider is able to"feed" to your computer.

Think of it like a funnel. You can pour alot of liquid in a funnel but at the other end the hole is smaller, so when the liquid passes through it still moves but a little slower than if you had a larger opening at the end of the funnel.

That's the simplest way I can describe bandwidth.

Try doing a speedtest to find out what yourn "downstream" is.
You may have the entry level package from your internet provider.

A simple fix is simply to pause the video until it buffers a little bit (maybe 25%). Then you can hit play and you should be OK.

If you nneed help running some tests on your end or maybe just somen advice on a couplen of other things to check, feel free to send me a PM.

BTW - I think you 250gb hard drive, not memory smile.gif

+Quote Post
FAST EDDIE
Dec 21 2007, 05:46 PM
biggrin.gif Dejan, Nobody, Kris, and JCJXXL,

Thanks for all the great information. I understand the process much better now.

Keep Shredding,
Fast Eddie

--------------------
[font=Trebuchet Ms][size=1][font=Comic Sans Ms][font=Century Gothic][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Fixedsys][font=Century Gothic]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:50 AM