4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Gmc Christmas & New Year Collab!
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 23 2019, 02:21 PM
Instructor
Hello everybody!!! It's time for our Christmas/New Year collab!!! smile.gif

I've recorded a backing based on "Silent Night" theme. You can record the melody, a variation or your own solo and phrases. Everything is welcome!

Backing Track: Attached File  GMC_Christmas_Collab.mp3 ( 1.98MB ) Number of downloads: 10747

Key: E Major

Tempo: 90 bpm

Suggested Scales:

If you are new to collabs please check out this: LINK

WHO IS IN?

FINAL RESULT:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Feb 6 2020, 11:42 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Dec 23 2019, 03:54 PM
Instructor
I'm in! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 23 2019, 04:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Dec 23 2019, 11:54 AM) *
I'm in! smile.gif

Awesome! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 23 2019, 04:53 PM
GMC Founder
Very nice backing Gab!! I hope to record in this one as well, would love to collab with Piotr - it's been way to long! ❤️👊

Right now busy with family/Christmas preparations.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 23 2019, 09:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Here's an idea I've been trying tonight, it's a variation on the traditional theme, do you think it works?

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/christmas-2019-take-1

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Adam
Dec 24 2019, 08:14 AM
Learning Roadie
I'll pass this time

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 24 2019, 09:19 AM
QUOTE (Adam @ Dec 24 2019, 07:14 AM) *
I'll pass this time

Come on buddy, give it a go, even if its just a couple of chords Gab will use it. Its good for creative development just trying to think of something to fit wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 24 2019, 04:41 PM
GMC:er
I'll get something done for this!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 24 2019, 05:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 23 2019, 05:55 PM) *
Here's an idea I've been trying tonight, it's a variation on the traditional theme, do you think it works?

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/christmas-2019-take-1

It sounds exotic! Like something that Marty Friedman would play. I like it!

QUOTE (Adam @ Dec 24 2019, 04:14 AM) *
I'll pass this time

sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 24 2019, 06:44 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'll stick with it then, maybe it could be the intro section. I was trying to think how to build it into a powerful ending but the track is tricky for me to play along with.

When is the closing date? I won't get much guitar in tomorrow, if any, maybe one boxing day I will but the day after is my last chance as I'm going away until Jan 2nd.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 25 2019, 09:58 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 25 2019, 03:40 AM
I'm in!!!! smile.gif
Todd

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2019, 02:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 24 2019, 02:44 PM) *
Thanks Gab,

I'll stick with it then, maybe it could be the intro section. I was trying to think how to build it into a powerful ending but the track is tricky for me to play along with.

When is the closing date? I won't get much guitar in tomorrow, if any, maybe one boxing day I will but the day after is my last chance as I'm going away until Jan 2nd.

Cheers

We can wait for your take mate!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 24 2019, 11:40 PM) *
I'm in!!!! smile.gif
Todd

GREAT!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Dec 30 2019, 11:24 AM
Learning Tone Master
Audio only?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2019, 01:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Dec 30 2019, 07:24 AM) *
Audio only?

Audio & video!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 30 2019, 10:59 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 24 2019, 04:41 PM) *
It sounds exotic! Like something that Marty Friedman would play. I like it!

Thanks Gab,

Something I'd like to work on in the future is how to build speed when the backing doesn't change, or when the backing is shot to get more dramatic. I was watching THIS and Dime does it in some sections, I know I'm light years away from him but it got me wishing I understood how to build speed over a slow backing. I tried and my fingers got tangled.

Anyway, sorry to hijack thread, its something for the future.

By the way, you have to watch her disbelief and awe at the 10 minute mark laugh.gif

I'll make a take when I get back

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 4 2020, 08:55 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Dec 31 2019, 04:57 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab, Hi Kris

I’m renovating my new home.
I have very little time to play the guitar right now,
I couldn't participate in the collab of the Christmas holidays.

Happy new year all

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 1 2020, 01:13 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 24 2019, 10:19 AM) *
Come on buddy, give it a go, even if its just a couple of chords Gab will use it. Its good for creative development just trying to think of something to fit wink.gif

I've spent the whole past week at work, so I couldn't record anything but it the Collab is still open, I will do my best to post something within 1-2 days. Happy New Year!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 1 2020, 09:37 AM
QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 1 2020, 12:13 AM) *
I've spent the whole past week at work, so I couldn't record anything but it the Collab is still open, I will do my best to post something within 1-2 days. Happy New Year!

Yes it's still open buddy. Glad you changed your mind about being in cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rids
Jan 1 2020, 07:07 PM
Happy New Year to all!

Nice backing track.

My take

Attached File(s)
Attached File  guitar_only.wav ( 17.68MB ) Number of downloads: 160
Attached File  with_backing.wav ( 17.88MB ) Number of downloads: 170

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2020, 08:15 AM
The easy answer is to simply start slow and then ramp up the speed of your licks. Of course this means playing sometimes at double the speed that you were playing during the slow bit. This will tangle your fingers up until you get used to it. Try to ram up speed in a small burst then go back to the regular speed.

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 30 2019, 05:59 PM) *
Thanks Gab,

Something I'd like to work on in the future is how to build speed when the backing doesn't change, or when the backing is shot to get more dramatic. I was watching THIS and Dime does it in some sections, I know I'm light years away from him but it got me wishing I understood how to build speed over a slow backing. I tried and my fingers got tangled.

Anyway, sorry to hijack thread, its something for the future.

By the way, you have to watch her disbelief and awe at the 10 minute mark laugh.gif

I'll make a bid when I get back

Cheers

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:14 PM