3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Gothics
Mark.
Mar 31 2008, 07:20 PM
GMC:er
removed

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 09:41 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Mar 31 2008, 07:37 PM
I don't really know much about the style, but I consider people who listen to post punk or goth rock to be "goth" people. Fields of the Nephilim, The Cure, Bauhaus, etc.

There's a huge difference in looks between goths and people who for instance listen to metal imo, so someone who would listen to metal and dress like a goth would make me a bit confused. (But on the other hand, how fun is it to be predictable?)

Edit: Also, I do like some songs by the cure, sisterws of mercy, rosetta stone and some others. Joy Division can be nice at times aswell, even though they are post punk, but I still know very little about it all.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Mar 31 2008, 07:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 31 2008, 07:43 PM
Removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 09:35 PM

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 31 2008, 07:47 PM
I am friends with a whole symphonic metal band who are pritty much all "goth kids" .. as for me.. brown shoes.. cargo pants of all varieties.. even jeans upon occasion ( the only black 1's are for work) and band-t's.. but definatly not goth.. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smikey2006: Mar 31 2008, 07:48 PM

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 31 2008, 07:49 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Mark. @ Mar 31 2008, 08:43 PM) *
Well with gothics I don't really mean the guys who listen to typical gothic music.
But the guys which you see in school with black clothes and stuff, or is this a total wrong idea of a gothic and is there an other word for the guys in black laugh.gif unsure.gif

What are the females called then?

I saw a couple of times here where I live a young woman waering a long black leather coat and her hair was long and silvery/white colored. I imagine it's what someone from Final Fantasy would look like... but maybe thats some kind of Manga look?

Either way, she looked extremely cool!

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Mar 31 2008, 07:54 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 31 2008, 07:49 PM) *
What are the females called then?

I saw a couple of times here where I live a young woman waering a long black leather coat and her hair was long and silvery/white colored. I imagine it's what someone from Final Fantasy would look like... but maybe thats some kind of Manga look?

Either way, she looked extremely cool!

There are so many different styles that look the same to me, but it could have been a "J-popare", but that's closer to the whole emo (or well: fasioncore if I should be correct witch I don't want to be so I don't see the whole purpose of writing this, but whatever) look, but it could have been someone cosplaying? If they would have any reason to do it just like that, but if that was the case, sometimes it can be cool to see cosplayers, I saw a girl looking exactly like Lulu from Final Fantasy X once, that was really cool actually, otherwise I'm not a huge fan of the whole cosplay thingy. And in general I dn't know a lot of those styles, but it feels like the people wearing those clothes don't do either so I'm happy with my ignorance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 31 2008, 07:57 PM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 09:36 PM

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 31 2008, 07:58 PM
I saw once this dude who had black(dyed) long straight hair, leather jacket down to his ankles and His face was painted white, that's right painted white and he had also painted black tears in his face and had black lipstick on.... blink.gif
and he was in school............................................ I honestly couldn't believe my eyes, I mean isn't that pretty far going?

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 31 2008, 07:59 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Mar 31 2008, 08:57 PM) *
Did she look something like this :

[attachment=6224:VictoriaFrances_1_.jpg]
(Picture from The Uncreator's signature)

Well thats what I would consider a female gothic laugh.gif They're hot laugh.gif

Yes, brighter hair even, ...and yes wink.gif

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 31 2008, 08:01 PM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 09:36 PM

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 31 2008, 08:03 PM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 09:37 PM

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Mar 31 2008, 08:05 PM
I think gothic people are much like emo people, in need of attention.

I wear a lot of black but thats not for any real reason, I wear black shoes because I just like them, black shirts cause I wear joke and band shirts normally, 99% of those shirts are always black, it could friggin neon pink and if it's a cool design or funny, I'd wear it. People at school sometimes call me gothic cause of the black clothes, which is so stupid, it's just clothes, it not even my favorite color (which would be green or purple I think tongue.gif).

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 31 2008, 08:06 PM
For me, it's the same deal as with emos, don't really pay attention to them, but they have good looking girls. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 31 2008, 08:08 PM
removed

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Mar 31 2008, 08:11 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Mar 31 2008, 08:08 PM) *
So the guys from Opeth are emo laugh.gif blink.gif laugh.gif

How the f**k do you make that assumption? Would you call the guys in Opeth goths? If so, then you are completely wrong my dear friend.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 31 2008, 08:14 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Mar 31 2008, 09:03 PM) *
Oooo someone voted "I am one" ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Who is it ohmy.gif

HAHA! you sound like you would beat him up if he confesses laugh.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 31 2008, 08:15 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Mar 31 2008, 09:01 PM) *
* Did someone ever see a black ( black skin colour ) gothic ? I never saw one laugh.gif

Wesley Snipes - Blade ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 31 2008, 08:15 PM
removed

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 31 2008, 08:16 PM
removed

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 31 2008, 08:23 PM
opeth biggrin.gif not goths.. close maybe.. no makeup tho..or died black hair just metal biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:14 PM