Day Dreaming During A Performance
purple hayes
Apr 20 2010, 05:11 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
The church praise band (about 20 of us) was performing on Sunday. We did a song that opens with just piano and strings for ~40 measures. I took the time to look out at the congregation. Then I hear our acoustic guitar player start playing and I'm thinking he's coming in waaaaay too early. Then I look down at the music and I was supposed to come in almost 12 bars earlier.

ohmy.gif

Good thing it's a large band (about 20 members last Sunday). I don't think anybody noticed.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
thefireball
Apr 20 2010, 06:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Apr 20 2010, 11:11 AM) *
The church praise band (about 20 of us) was performing on Sunday. We did a song that opens with just piano and strings for ~40 measures. I took the time to look out at the congregation. Then I hear our acoustic guitar player start playing and I'm thinking he's coming in waaaaay too early. Then I look down at the music and I was supposed to come in almost 12 bars earlier.

ohmy.gif

Good thing it's a large band (about 20 members last Sunday). I don't think anybody noticed.

haha..that's funny! smile.gif Yeah, i bet nobody noticed. I used to tell people when i messed up...but i stopped doing that. People hadn't even noticed i messed up! lol So i just say thank you to complements! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 20 2010, 07:52 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ive drifted off before and when I came to, I actually kept playing the entire song no problem, Although I couldn't remember doing it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 20 2010, 08:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I was daydreaming in Vegas once.......I've been married 19 years now........ tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Apr 20 2010, 09:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 20 2010, 09:34 PM) *
I was daydreaming in Vegas once.......I've been married 19 years now........ tongue.gif laugh.gif

We must remain focused in many situations ... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 20 2010, 09:10 PM
Instructor
Haha, nice story. It happens wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Darktime
Apr 20 2010, 09:22 PM
GMC:er
I dreamt I ate a giant marshmallow once and when I woke up my pillow was gone! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 21 2010, 03:08 AM
Hahaha! I know how it feels like. I'm sure they didn't noticed it. It was a huge band!!

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Apr 21 2010, 12:47 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Hahaha that's funny!

There was a rehersal with one of my bands, and me and the other gutarist started the song at a wrong time, and we began arguing who's right, when the drummer breaks our argue and tells us the both of us started at a wrong time biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 21 2010, 01:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Apr 20 2010, 05:11 PM) *

ohmy.gif

I finished a solo and then my mind went back to the first verse so when the song was supposed to end , i started playing the solo again
The band was giving me funny looks, and i had know idea , so they just stoped
and clearly any musician knows you just don't stop
that made me mad and i continuedto play the rest of the song all by my self
it was a four peice metal band so it was obvious--just like it's obvious that i don't know how to spell obvouis

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 22 2010, 04:08 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 21 2010, 02:05 PM) *
I finished a solo and then my mind went back to the first verse so when the song was supposed to end , i started playing the solo again
The band was giving me funny looks, and i had know idea , so they just stoped
and clearly any musician knows you just don't stop
that made me mad and i continuedto play the rest of the song all by my self
it was a four peice metal band so it was obvious--just like it's obvious that i don't know how to spell obvouis

Your attitude is PURE metal!!. Hahaha

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Apr 22 2010, 03:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I was drumming for a band called, Stealing Crackers. My guitar player was a little drunk and he started motioning to a change that our bass player always missed. Well, it was WAY too early, but the bass player knew this. So we looked at each other and nodded and I did a big fill into the change. This appeared to wake up the guitar player because he then realized it was too early and hung me and the bass player out...it took us 4 or so bars to re-sync. The audience was dancing and having fun and smiling. Only we knew.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Gus
Apr 22 2010, 05:00 PM
Cool story!. This sound as a theme for the next GMC funnies biggrin.gif !

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 22 2010, 05:21 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This happens very often - songs would be shortened/extended for few bars here and there smile.gif Cool thing is no one will notice in the end...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:38 AM