2 Pages V  < 1 2  
If You Could Go Back In Time.....
MickeM
Oct 20 2010, 09:36 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'd go back and teach myself Beat it, Bark at the moon, Hallowed be thy name, Like a virgin plus a few others and then live happily ever after as a prominent song writer biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
Oct 20 2010, 11:43 PM
GMC:er
Id tell myself "learn the harmonic minor and diminished scales. And practice tasteless shredding and pedal note riffs" Oh and some tapping arpeggios. Oh and Id teach me songs from death metal albums released in late 08-present... Thus Id win the game. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Karl-ss: Oct 20 2010, 11:46 PM

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
loundzilla
Mar 15 2011, 09:39 PM
I would go back way before i started playing (to when i was like 8 or something) and tell myself to start playing !! I left it till i was like 25 till i started playing - in my eyes a big disadvantage sad.gif

--------------------
When I look in the mirror I see a face-melting guitar shredder.... maybe my mirror tells the future?
Download the GMC Guitar Theory Grimoire Here!

Guitars
Ibanez RGA42 (EMG 81/85 pickups)
Takemine G series electro acoustic

Equipment
Line 6 spider 3 75 amp
Line 6 POD studio UX2

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 31 2011, 08:36 PM
Instructor
If I went back in time, I would definitely tell myself not to buy that much gear biggrin.gif

jk, I would probably tell myself to practice more chords, arpeggios, and harmony theory

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 1 2011, 12:15 AM
i would tell myself to buy a extra kit of strings with the guitar ;D

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 1 2011, 03:24 AM
Well said smile.gif I'd be of the same mind. I might add in to tell myself, "Spend as much time practicing as you can spare, you will never regret the time you spent with your guitar".

QUOTE (Bear Rose @ Sep 28 2010, 09:44 PM) *
If you could go back in time to when you first started playing guitar and give yourself advice on what to learn and which direction to take with the guitar, what would it be?

I would go back in time and tell myself to learn the major scale all over the fretboard, and also to learn how the intervals in the major scale relate to the chords in major key tonality music. Also, I would tell myself to practice learning songs, riffs, melodies, etc by ear as much as possible.

What would you go back and tell yourself?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:27 PM