2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gmc Instructors Please Consider..., Pretty Please
leedbreak
Oct 12 2007, 02:06 PM
GMC:er
Instructors please consider (while creating a lesson about fast picking) make a complete video of you playing with the slowest backing track you post, as well as the fastest. Man that would help a ton.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeff Curtis
Oct 12 2007, 02:11 PM
Instructor
you got it!!!!!!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Perfect" Practice Makes "Perfect"
http://www.myspace.com/eighthnotecurtis

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Oct 12 2007, 02:18 PM
QUOTE (Jeff Curtis @ Oct 12 2007, 08:11 AM) *
you got it!!!!!!!!

Dang that was easy. I know it would help me. Let me know when one is up like this, THANKS

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Jeff Curtis
Oct 12 2007, 02:25 PM
Instructor
hahaH i kno huh. i was very quick huh!! haha whats up man?? how are the lessons coming?? hope your doing good take care.

JC

--------------------
"Perfect" Practice Makes "Perfect"
http://www.myspace.com/eighthnotecurtis

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Oct 12 2007, 02:44 PM
Instructor
hehe, in some of my lessons I put a slow video with the BT smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 12 2007, 08:30 PM
Instructor
May i ask how would that help? Personally i don't see the point in that so Leedbreak can you please put some light on it? smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Oct 12 2007, 08:45 PM
Instructor
I supose that it would be interesting to play over the slow video, isn't it, Leedbreak?? or to studie how conect the different licks in the lesson tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 12 2007, 08:53 PM
Instructor
The fingering i use in small videos is the same as in the main video so connection of small videos should not be a problem at all.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 13 2007, 01:16 AM
Instructor
I suppose that Jason needs better view regarding to timing and notes duration.
And since I usually provide few BTs,not just one,hope that slowest shall be fine,ok?

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 13 2007, 02:19 AM
Instructor
Yeah, i also provide multiple backing tracks so let's see what Leedbreak will tell us about the subject smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Oct 13 2007, 03:28 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 12 2007, 08:19 PM) *
Yeah, i also provide multiple backing tracks so let's see what Leedbreak will tell us about the subject smile.gif

Well Pavel,

Because it would help a lot to see/hear the complete score slower. But, not as slow as the individual videos are. In between is what I wish for.

It would also be nice to play along with the instructor and the backing at the same time. Heck, I think the GP tabs should have a backing track as well, even if it differs from the original backing. Why not, that again would make things a little easier by showing exactly how the two are going to fit together, before you even learn the first note. I have added a bass line to a few of the lesson tabs to help with a feel for the timing. The feeling is a huge part of needing to play with the backing.

Truth be known, most students here (including me) are months away from being able to play with many of the backings, even the slowest ones. Maybe not with the sweet solos lessons but the faster stuff for sure. The Alt 4 video I posted was at about the same speed as your slowest backing, and we both know I do not need to practice that one that fast. But seeing you do it would really help. wink.gif

Oh and how about the instructors playing it with the metronome at a medium speed. That would help more than any backing ever could, especially when the clicks land is very strange places as they do on Muris’s Stamina lesson.

There needs to be no other point, other than I really think it would help. I will be posting my weeks progress on alt 4 this weekend. I have played that lesson for over 20 hours since Oct 4. Dang I hope it has helped as it sure has hurt.

Pavel, you have been a lot of help and a mentor to my playing ever since I learned Alt 1. just it would be very helpful to see you guys play these lesson between the two already posted speeds, that is all I am trying to say.

QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 12 2007, 08:19 PM) *

As far as the fast picking goes.......

I speak for me and I am sure others when I say we need to see you play at our level. Which is not 40 BPM and not 140…

but say 60 or 70 or 80.

Thanks

Thanks

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Oct 13 2007, 03:41 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Oct 13 2007, 03:39 AM
QUOTE (Jeff Curtis @ Oct 12 2007, 08:25 AM) *
hahaH i kno huh. i was very quick huh!! haha whats up man?? how are the lessons coming?? hope your doing good take care.
JC

Working all day, being a daddy the rest of the time and staying up way to late to get my practice time in. But by golly I am going to get it in. I even get up and play before leaving to work sometimes

Lessons are going great. I am still having more fun on guitar than I ever have. So I am doing well and hope the same for you, thanks

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Oct 13 2007, 04:43 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 12 2007, 11:30 AM) *
May i ask how would that help? Personally i don't see the point in that so Leedbreak can you please put some light on it? smile.gif

There is a point , believe me. I can totally relate to where Jason is coming from. I personally think backing track wise that there should be around 3 speed requirements.

Begginer-around 40bpm

Intermediate-60-70bpm

Advanced or Instructor Speed- * what ever the standard bpm of the video would be*

I think that would help based upon the fact for those of us who are caught in the middle and either have to play slower then we can play or faster then we are able to play.

About the having the instructors play the whole song out at a specific bpm, I think thats a great idea ! Its a somewhat rewarding feeling to be able to play along to something that you really enjoy, whatever that may be and this would be a perfect solution to that.

I also have another suggestion, I do think that at difficult or technical parts of different lessons, the instructors should maybe give or suggest a excercise to help improve on the video. Im only saying if its pretty difficult or whatever. And the instructors should give tips. Even though it may not seem like much tips on finger placement, picking and all that jazz really does help when your trying to master some really difficult licks and riffs.

Thats all I have to say tongue.gif- John

QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 12 2007, 11:30 AM) *

There is a point , believe me. I can totally relate to where Jason is coming from. I personally think backing track wise that there should be around 3 speed requirements.

Begginer-around 40bpm

Intermediate-60-70bpm

Advanced or Instructor Speed- * what ever the standard bpm of the video would be*

I think that would help based upon the fact for those of us who are caught in the middle and either have to play slower then we can play or faster then we are able to play.

About the having the instructors play the whole song out at a specific bpm, I think thats a great idea ! Its a somewhat rewarding feeling to be able to play along to something that you really enjoy, whatever that may be and this would be a perfect solution to that.

I also have another suggestion, [u] I do think that at difficult or technical parts of different lessons, the instructors should maybe give or suggest a excercise to help improve on the video. Im only saying if its pretty difficult or whatever. And the instructors should give tips. Even though it may not seem like much tips on finger placement, picking and all that jazz really does help when your trying to master some really difficult licks and riffs.

Thats all I have to say tongue.gif- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 13 2007, 04:46 AM
Instructor
The main tip for fingering is already in the video! smile.gif If there is extra tip i always put it in the text.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Oct 13 2007, 04:50 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 12 2007, 07:46 PM) *
The main tip for fingering is already in the video! smile.gif If there is extra tip i always put it in the text.

Well I was just saying that for example. The tip could be about anything that an instructor would consider useful to his or her students.

-John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 13 2007, 08:14 AM
Instructor
Must say few more things here. smile.gif

First,adding BT to GP file is huge job,don't get me wrong guys...
Now,providing more BTs in different speed isn't problem at all.
But playing whole lesson at few speeds is something we don't have agreement for.
I'm sure this is not topic for open forum but you have to understand our position as well.
After all,each part of lesson is played slower and up the speed.
Now,if real tempo is 140,shall we play and record videos at 40,50,60,70..and 140?

Thanks for bringing this on board but I still believe
that Kris needs to decide what goes into lesson and why.

Pardon my poor english wink.gif

And about tips regarding to lesson.

We all have different approach and technical abilities,
writing smaller details in lesson explanation text isn't of greatest help,believe me.

And that's why Kris and crew allowed us AWESOME sub-board "Ask Instructor".
I'm getting questions everyday and trying to answer as soon as possible.
If I ever missed to answer on somebody's question,please raise your hand. cool.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 13 2007, 08:39 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Perhaps the answer - technology permitting - is that at some future stage a facility to slow the video down without altering pitch is included? Along the lines of a standard audio riff tracker/transcriber. That way the instructors record at tempo=1 and students can slow it down to tempo=1/2 or whatever...

Having said that I have the feeling that current website (generic rather then GMC specifically) and/or video encoding might not be up to this dry.gif . (Though if it carries SMPTE it should be able to smile.gif )

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Oct 13 2007, 08:57 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Oct 13 2007, 02:14 AM) *
Must say few more things here. smile.gif

First,adding BT to GP file is huge job,don't get me wrong guys...
Now,providing more BTs in different speed isn't problem at all.
But playing whole lesson at few speeds is something we don't have agreement for.
I'm sure this is not topic for open forum but you have to understand our position as well.
After all,each part of lesson is played slower and up the speed.
Now,if real tempo is 140,shall we play and record videos at 40,50,60,70..and 140?

Thanks for bringing this on board but I still believe
that Kris needs to decide what goes into lesson and why.

Pardon my poor english wink.gif

And about tips regarding to lesson.

We all have different approach and technical abilities,
writing smaller details in lesson explanation text isn't of greatest help,believe me.

And that's why Kris and crew allowed us AWESOME sub-board "Ask Instructor".
I'm getting questions everyday and trying to answer as soon as possible.
If I ever missed to answer on somebody's question,please raise your hand. cool.gif

Well, it was just a thought. Naturally, I did not mean to record that many videos. I just meant just one more, of the complete score, somewhere below the true speed. I did not feel that was asking very much, but I could be wrong.

Like if your alternate lesson had one more video of you playing it at the 90 or the 110. Please realize that we all came here to learn everything we can and the speed you guys play can be very intimidating. All you would be doing is demonstrating that it still sounds great slower.

Anyway, Thanks to all readers and replies.

I am a real nice guy and I sure do not want to fluff any feathers as I love this site, and want it to last forever.

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 13 2007, 09:04 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Oct 13 2007, 01:57 AM) *
I am a real nice guy and I sure do not want to fluff any feathers as I love this site, and want it to last forever.

I'm positive that you haven't smile.gif .

I thought it was a really positive and well intentioned idea - one that I'd like to see happen if it's possible (albeit without adding to the instructors' workloads wink.gif .)

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 13 2007, 09:22 AM
Moderation Policy Director
If nothing else, +1 for slower backing tracks ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:17 PM