New Gear, TC-Helicon Voicelive 2
AK Rich
May 15 2017, 09:55 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
I picked this up off of CG recently as an addition to the home studio setup and to use with the band. For $300 I couldn't pass it up after hearing how good it sounds. These vocal processors have come a long way since the ones I remember from the 90's. smile.gif Stacie and I have been having a lot of fun with it the last couple of days.
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
May 15 2017, 10:30 AM
GMC:er
THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Is that you in the video?

I watched this related video and wondered if you have to use a keyboard or how you dial in what harmonies to use and do you just step on the pedal - are there different banks for separate programed or preprogramed harmonies?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 15 2017, 02:59 PM
heheh yeah from demos it does look very fun smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 15 2017, 04:51 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Spock @ May 15 2017, 01:30 AM) *
THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Is that you in the video?

I watched this related video and wondered if you have to use a keyboard or how you dial in what harmonies to use and do you just step on the pedal - are there different banks for separate programed or preprogramed harmonies?

biggrin.gif No that's not me. biggrin.gif You don't have to use an instrument to change the key of the harmonies but you can by tapping a footswitch while playing a chord or you can use the footswitches to set the key. There are 3 default Maj scales and 3 default minor scales. This one was in a global mode where all the patches were using A Maj harmonies when I got it. Apparently it can find a suitable harmony by playing an Mp3 through it as well although it may not be perfect and require a bit of fine tuning to match the harmonies you are trying to re-create. There are many patches that will work right out of the box for the more common types of harmonies and there are some patches that were created for certain songs. The very first patch on this unit is called CALIHOTEL and is perfect for "Hotel California" and other songs as well.
For more complex harmonies like the ones featured in the video I shared, you will have to pop the hood and do some tweaking which I haven't got into yet since the factory presets cover a lot of different harmony arrangements already that we have been having fun experimenting with.
There are 205 patches to choose from or edit and configure as you wish and include other fx such as auto tune, delays, reverbs, compression etc.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/en/products/voicelive-2/

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 16 2017, 07:20 AM
Gotta say that's pretty darn awesome IMHO smile.gif Singing those freddie mercury bits would take an amazing singer / choral section, or one really handy pedal!!!! I wonder if there is a handy plugin!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:09 PM