30 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Creativity Workout 1, Improve your composing skills!
Chris S.
Jun 9 2015, 06:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gab!

So I scrapped the last idea and am going with a more cinematic approach, what do you think?

Thou Triumphet:

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/thou-triumphet

Still a work in progress tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 9 2015, 08:39 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok, got them all now (free ones for now). Haven't a clue how to use them laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2015, 03:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jun 9 2015, 02:56 PM) *
Hey Gab!

So I scrapped the last idea and am going with a more cinematic approach, what do you think?

Thou Triumphet:

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/thou-triumphet

Still a work in progress tongue.gif

Wou mate! This is very promising. I like the cinematic direction that you are taking on this one. It still keeps the spirit of the picture but it adds more dramatic feels that make me feel this as a part of a movie. There are off course some parts to adjust and polish but the idea is very clear, congrats!

What VSTi are you using?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 9 2015, 04:39 PM) *
Ok, got them all now (free ones for now). Haven't a clue how to use them laugh.gif

Hi Phil, this video should clarify how to open and use them: https://youtu.be/jaXLbwNtu2E

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 10 2015, 06:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gab!

I am using Sample Tank 3 SE

Got it for $40 and the sounds really aren't that bad for the price biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 11 2015, 12:49 PM
Thanks Gab

Will we be getting another picture soon? I love these creativity workshops smile.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2015, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Hello guys, the new picture for this workout is a tribute to the great Christopher Lee who left us recently at the age of 93.

Here we can see him as Saruman the white.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 11 2015, 03:13 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 11 2015, 03:35 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 11 2015, 02:12 PM) *
Hello guys, the new picture for this workout is a tribute to the great Christopher Lee who left us recently at the age of 93.

Here we can see him as Saruman the white.

Attached Image

He was a great actor sad.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 11 2015, 09:23 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 10 2015, 03:37 PM) *
Hi Phil, this video should clarify how to open and use them: https://youtu.be/jaXLbwNtu2E

I think I've completely messed up my installation of Reaper. unsure.gif sad.gif

Looked so simple in the video.

Try again tomorrow.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2015, 04:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 11 2015, 05:23 PM) *
I think I've completely messed up my installation of Reaper. unsure.gif sad.gif

Looked so simple in the video.

Try again tomorrow.

Ups! Keep me updated.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 12 2015, 10:01 PM
Learning Roadie
hey nice picture, i have an idea....

3 minutes later, i have done this, i do not have the pretention to masterise the style, i only throw idea

so, false notes , screaming bends ..... but ideas

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/sad-metal-2

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 12 2015, 10:45 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 12 2015, 04:13 PM) *
Ups! Keep me updated.

Sorted but it still looks like it will take many minutes from my practice routine sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 13 2015, 02:44 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 12 2015, 09:01 PM) *

3 minutes later, i have done this, i do not have the pretention to masterise the style, i only throw idea

Laurent

Love your tone and your lead lines!!!

Keep rocking, mate! biggrin.gif cool.gif

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 13 2015, 03:18 AM
Learning Roadie
About to go to bed, this came to mind:

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/the-count-christopher-lee-tribute-in-progress

A very basic concept that I might develop further - any ideas?

Good Night biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2015, 07:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 12 2015, 06:01 PM) *

Laurent

Wou!! You are very versatile! This sounds very good. I also liked your tone and phrasing on this one. Except by some fast parts that sound a bit sloppy, the overall sounds as a professional metal solo.

It's also cool to see that you worked on an epic metal idea for this picture. Christopher would be proud.

Thanks for joining this one mate!

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jun 12 2015, 11:18 PM) *
About to go to bed, this came to mind:

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/the-count-christopher-lee-tribute-in-progress

A very basic concept that I might develop further - any ideas?

Good Night biggrin.gif

hehehe this is fantastic! The first parts made me feel on the picture with Saruman, but suddenly when the track explodes this kind of scene has come to my mind...

Attached Image

You definitely should continue this one... you have talent for cinematic music... have you ever planned on composing some stuff to have a curriculum for this kind of work?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 13 2015, 08:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gab!

I always wanted to do music for movies/shows/games but I feel like it would be such a hard gig to make a living off of - I wouldn't even know where to start!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 13 2015, 09:05 PM
Learning Roadie
nice one Chris !!!!

Wou!! You are very versatile!

thanks, i try to do a lot, to learn a lot, and i think working, trying to play what i can ear in my head is a good school to know my fretboard, and i love to try anything i never done before, as i want to progress, i must work !

9 months ago, i only knew 3 chords, and was playing around the Am pentatonic for one year....... boring and sad.

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 14 2015, 08:31 PM
Nice one Chris, where do you get all of your sounds from??????

OK, I haven't come up with anything musical this time, I'm drying up I think laugh.gif I had an idea in my head of going inside the crystal ball and the kind of things I might hear as Saruman works his magic. I would be nice to have a mystical synth backing. I need to spend much more time on it but I've put it here anyway, maybe someone will bounce an idea off it wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/sounds-from-the-crystal-ball-in-progress

EDIT:

Was starting to pack away and thought of a way to add a bit of atmosphere to it.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/sounds-from-the-crystal-ball-in-progress2

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 14 2015, 08:44 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2015, 02:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jun 13 2015, 04:31 PM) *
Thanks Gab!

I always wanted to do music for movies/shows/games but I feel like it would be such a hard gig to make a living off of - I wouldn't even know where to start!

Well, there is something about living in the right place that is on your side. United States is the main producer of films, so you are closer than me to do it! (I personally would love to make music for films).

Check out this article, maybe it gives some ideas: https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec05/arti...cforpicture.htm

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 14 2015, 04:31 PM) *
Nice one Chris, where do you get all of your sounds from??????

OK, I haven't come up with anything musical this time, I'm drying up I think laugh.gif I had an idea in my head of going inside the crystal ball and the kind of things I might hear as Saruman works his magic. I would be nice to have a mystical synth backing. I need to spend much more time on it but I've put it here anyway, maybe someone will bounce an idea off it wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/sounds-from-the-crystal-ball-in-progress

EDIT:

Was starting to pack away and thought of a way to add a bit of atmosphere to it.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/sounds-from-the-crystal-ball-in-progress2

Cheers

Hi mate! This idea sounds really good, I can hear magic on those melodic ideas, well done!

It's also interesting so be able to hear both versions to see how was your approach to create this creative tune. I also think that any magic synth that creates a more unique atmosphere could add a lot here, even to the second version. Maybe you could explore that link with free VSTi that I've shared.

Thanks again for joining this one!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 15 2015, 03:03 PM
Thanks Gab,

I used Tera Echo for the main bit and for the backing I used Freeze on A minor chord.

I'll do more experimenting but I really need to get back on track with our lessons.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jun 15 2015, 09:40 PM
Here is my take Gab, Hope you guys like it, Its a little different from what i used to write wink.gif . enjoy. https://soundcloud.com/rickynine/christopher-lee-tributemp3

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:32 PM