Modern & Rocker Collaboration, Final Mix and comments!
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2008, 11:10 PM
Instructor

Modern & Rocker Collaboration
Final mix & comments

Attached File  Modern___Rocker_Collab_Final_MIX.mp3 ( 4.62MB ) Number of downloads: 915

Hello guys!! I'm very proud to present our first collaboration finished! I'm very impressed of the final mix. Congrats to all the guitar players that participated in this song. As one of the participants couldn't record his solo I recorded the last chorus solo of the song.

I work hard in the mix to get a professional song. I tried to make the guitars sound similar but without losing the original sound of each player.

Congrats again to all of you and I hope that all the GMCers enjoy this song!

Lead players in order of appearance: The Uncreator, Smells, Tjchep, Freatdancer, Slammer, Preowned, Gilmore and Gabriel Leopardi (me smile.gif ).

Here I'll do some comments and appreciations of the participants in this song:

Uncreator:

You began the song in an excellent way. I really enjoy how you started with that interesting tapping solo, then some pentatonic bends and finally a short melody. You worked it very good! The final harmony is also very good.

I liked the sound too so keep on the great job.

Smells:

You melody and harmony is awesome. I have to say that it remembers to Metallica and this is so good for me. The solo has been played with a perfect timing and technique.

The only thing that I think you should work is the sound. Ï think that if try to get a warmer sound you'll record killer solos. One recording tip: When you do the mixdown try to set the guitar channel with a louder volume because I receive a very low gain wav.

But all those thins are technical thing that can be solved very easily. You have composed and excellent melody and solo. Good work!

Tjchep:

I find your playing and melodies very original and that's very good. I really enjoyed the sustain of your distortion and the sound of your guitar. Originally you had to record a solo over the chorus but you record it over a verse but that wasn't a problem for me. As one of the participants couldn't record his part I used you solo there and I recorded the last chorus solo. Your playing is very good and I would suggest you to try to compose the melodies in your mind. Then sing them and finally transpose it to the guitar. I think that you'll find more clear melodies but it's just a suggestion. Keep on practicing!

Fretdancer:

I can hear a lovely Maiden influence in your melodies! You record a nice melody for the chorus of the song. I really enjoyed the warm sound of your guitar! I would have recorded some maiden style harmonies in this great solo. I added a small delay in the end of your solo… Did you notice it?

Slammer:

Your playing is good and I really like the licks that you play in your solo. I really enjoy your classic rock style! (maybe influenced by Slash, Jimmy Page?) I only find a problem with the rhythm in the end of the solo but the rest of the solo is nice. Keep on practicing man!!

Preowned:

You did a very good use of the wah wah. I love the rocker begin of the solo. I think that if you add a stronger vibrato in your playing, your solos will sound better. The second guitar harmonized sound cool. Talking about the sound…. I would say of the same that I said to Smells (Check his comment).

Gilmore:

I can hear that you practice very hard different lick and you make it sound very good and professional. You have a great technique. Now I think that you have to let your should speak. This is one of the most difficult things. Your solos could maybe sound as a combination of exercises in the future. You are doing a great work and you are becoming a great guitar player so now it's time to add more feeling to your playing.

However your solo sound amazing! It's just a suggestion.

Keep on the hard work!

See you in our next collaboration!

gabriel.-

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Jan 22 2008, 11:13 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Gabriel Leopardi   Modern & Rocker Collaboration   Jan 22 2008, 11:10 PM
- - chast   Where is the mp3 ? Ah there it is now Great col...   Jan 22 2008, 11:11 PM
- - coffeeman   Wow awesome Collab! Congratulations everybody.   Jan 22 2008, 11:17 PM
- - kyldeee   Awesome Collab Great work guys... can't wait ...   Jan 22 2008, 11:23 PM
- - Stevie·Ray·Vaughn   Nicely done guys! Excellent Job mixing Gabriel...   Jan 22 2008, 11:24 PM
- - FretDancer69   QUOTE Fretdancer: I can hear a lovely Maiden infl...   Jan 22 2008, 11:44 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jan 22 2008, 07:44 ...   Jan 22 2008, 11:51 PM
nnn
- - Smells   whoa! excellent mix Gabriel thanks for the c...   Jan 23 2008, 12:28 AM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 22 2008, 08:28 PM) wh...   Jan 23 2008, 01:21 AM
nnn
- - Slammer   Nice job everyone!!   Jan 23 2008, 01:31 AM
- - Juan M. Valero   Love this collab !!! all of you guys h...   Jan 23 2008, 01:57 AM
- - Tjchep   Thanks for your comments man . I really enjoyed ...   Jan 23 2008, 02:49 AM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jan 22 2008, 10:49 PM) Th...   Jan 23 2008, 05:40 AM
nnn
- - preownedguitar   Great collab Gabriel, very nice mix, I love it. I...   Jan 23 2008, 05:43 AM
- - The Uncreator   This turned out very cool guys, all the solos soun...   Jan 23 2008, 05:51 AM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Thanks guys! It has been also very funny to mi...   Jan 23 2008, 06:12 AM
- - Majickal   yeh nice work guys, looking forward to my first co...   Jan 23 2008, 11:32 AM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Majickal @ Jan 23 2008, 07:32 AM) ...   Jan 23 2008, 02:00 PM
nnn
- - Iluha   What a great sounding collab! Tjchep, you kno...   Jan 23 2008, 05:56 PM
|- - Tjchep   QUOTE (Iluha @ Jan 23 2008, 05:56 PM) Wha...   Jan 23 2008, 08:38 PM
nnn
- - Gilmore   Thanks for the comments Gabriel. I will think abou...   Jan 23 2008, 06:20 PM
- - TortillaShred   Oh my God! That sounded sooo cool! You...   Jan 23 2008, 10:04 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Thank you Gilmore! You did it very good!...   Jan 24 2008, 01:40 AM
- - Milenkovic Ivan   Great job on the collab Gab! Great job everyo...   Jan 24 2008, 10:09 AM
- - Crazyfret   What a great collab Everyone did a super take ...   Jan 24 2008, 10:49 AM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Thanks Crazy fret and Ivan!   Jan 24 2008, 04:06 PM
- - Kristofer Dahl   Oh my this is an awesome collab - Gabriel, thanks ...   Jan 31 2008, 02:44 PM
- - Juan M. Valero   AWESOME COLLAB !!!! love all your ...   Jan 31 2008, 03:31 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Thank you Kris and Juan! I really enjoyed it...   Jan 31 2008, 03:48 PM
- - preownedguitar   Hehe, I love how this collab turned out... A lot o...   Feb 1 2008, 04:05 AM
- - Davidian   Is there any chance of downloading the backing to ...   Feb 3 2008, 09:14 PM
- - FretDancer69   QUOTE (Davidian @ Feb 3 2008, 02:14 PM) I...   Feb 4 2008, 03:49 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:19 PM