Finally Got My Recording Gear!
Saddlefall
Jan 30 2012, 07:48 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
So I decided to purchase a Line 6 Pod Studio GX. I've been playing around and trying to get a decent tone out of it. It's not easy since I'm a total noob, but I think I got something decent after awhile.

Any of you pros got any tips on creating a badass tone? tongue.gif I've only got some cheap logitech speakers and a gaming headset.. so that's not optimal, maybe I should invest in some studio speakers?

Anyway, heres a short sample of my current tone...

http://soundcloud.com/saddlefall/tonetest-1

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Explorer
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Jackson RR24
Schecter Demon 7 string

Amp:
Marshall JMD:1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 30 2012, 08:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Saddlefall @ Jan 30 2012, 06:48 PM) *
So I decided to purchase a Line 6 Pod Studio GX. I've been playing around and trying to get a decent tone out of it. It's not easy since I'm a total noob, but I think I got something decent after awhile.

Any of you pros got any tips on creating a badass tone? tongue.gif I've only got some cheap logitech speakers and a gaming headset.. so that's not optimal, maybe I should invest in some studio speakers?

Sounds pretty good! I like it!
Congrats on your new toy!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Blister
Jan 30 2012, 08:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sounds good. Mine is on order although I went w/the UX1 in case I wanted to do any vocals. Congrats!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 30 2012, 11:07 PM
Instructor
Well,it is a dance without stopping. Always something missing and needs to be upgraded biggrin.gif ! For a start you have a good tight sound wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 30 2012, 11:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Sounds awesome man. smile.gif I have expanded my POD Farm with the Metal Shop, Power Pack, and FX Junkie. I will eventually add the Vintage. I am happy with all the variety of sounds available. Your tone sounds great!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2012, 06:14 AM
GMC:er
Congrats! Bop over to the line 6 web site and download some new patches. Also, a quick google search will show you wads of places all over the web where people share presets. Here is the link to the pod farm section for downloads on the line 6 site.

http://line6.com/customtone/browse/podfarm/

QUOTE (Saddlefall @ Jan 30 2012, 01:48 PM) *

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 31 2012, 06:42 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Congratulations! Sounds pretty good.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Saddlefall
Jan 31 2012, 06:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Alright, so Im on the right track I guess, thanks guys smile.gif I already went ahead and bought the VSTs from line 6 (triple pack for 50 bucks)
Gonna try to download some patches though and see how they sound!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Explorer
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Jackson RR24
Schecter Demon 7 string

Amp:
Marshall JMD:1

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:51 PM