Spell Intervals
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 27 2011, 01:13 AM
GMC:er
hey guys, start to take a course from a guy name David Lucas Burge, on relative pitch

and my first homework from lesson one is to hear and sing 5th fifths.

but i don't say C C#/Db D goes on i say it Dó Dó sustenido/Ré bemol Ré....just wonder if that matters?
the other question is related to the guitar, i only have a guitar at home to hear and train the intervals, and well it ain't perfect tuned to the 440, so i was wondering if that won't make me for example "sing/internalize" a not so tuned fifth?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2011, 06:10 AM
Instructor
Hi man! It's great that you decided to train your ear because it's the most important tool for a musician!
Calling the notes C D E F G A B or Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Si, is the same. You are talking of the same thing... here in Argentina we use "Do - Re - Mi and so.. in USA musicians use C D E F...
If you are using your guitar to train your ear is VERY important to tune it in 440. Use a tuner for this... if you can't tune it you could use the guitar pro software or something similar to practice.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2011, 08:22 AM
Instructor
David Lucas Burge's method is very good! But as Gabriel said, you must take care and tune the guitar in 440, otherwise you will not train your ears in a good way at all!

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 27 2011, 11:17 AM
Instructor
You'll find a nice ear training software HERE to help you practicing !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 27 2011, 12:55 PM
Instructor
I used Earmaster Pro for a while, it's very good and recommend it. It helped me a lot with upgrading my singing of backing vocals as well, always useful and important skill.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 27 2011, 04:52 PM
thank you guys! facing a new problem aight now..."singing in tune or at less the aight note" gonna take some time i guess T_T

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2011, 05:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 27 2011, 12:52 PM) *
thank you guys! facing a new problem aight now..."singing in tune or at less the aight note" gonna take some time i guess T_T

Great! It takes some but this will really help you. Check the tips of this threads:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry530310

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 27 2011, 06:50 PM
i really love Govan, personality he reminds me of Master Yoda!
anyways i think i might have found a shortcut to my problem, my sister piano arrived today ahah,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2011, 04:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 27 2011, 02:50 PM) *
i really love Govan, personality he reminds me of Master Yoda!
anyways i think i might have found a shortcut to my problem, my sister piano arrived today ahah,

haha yeah... Govan is a Guitar Gurú!
Amazing! Remember that you also have to keep the piano always in tune...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JD_
Jun 28 2011, 04:39 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 27 2011, 12:13 AM) *
hey guys, start to take a course from a guy name David Lucas Burge, on relative pitch

and my first homework from lesson one is to hear and sing 5th fifths.

but i don't say C C#/Db D goes on i say it Dó Dó sustenido/Ré bemol Ré....just wonder if that matters?
the other question is related to the guitar, i only have a guitar at home to hear and train the intervals, and well it ain't perfect tuned to the 440, so i was wondering if that won't make me for example "sing/internalize" a not so tuned fifth?

An easy way to do it is to remember a memorable sone or tune that starts with the interval you are after. So a 5th interval, good example is the first two notes of the STAR WARS theme song....DO Do....and so on

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2011, 04:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 28 2011, 03:09 PM) *
haha yeah... Govan is a Guitar Gurú!
Amazing! Remember that you also have to keep the piano always in tune...

He's actually a 'scruffy hippy with a guitar' in his own words tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:27 AM