Guitar Rig, Anyone, anyone?
Scott Gentzen
Jun 2 2007, 06:45 AM
GMC:er
Guitar Rig

Anyone messed with this? Interesting? I'm thinking that it's kind of a pain in the butt that you're going to end up having to get a new audio system to run it through if you have an amp instead of a pod and a monitor already.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 2 2007, 01:32 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Jun 2 2007, 01:45 AM) *
Guitar Rig

Anyone messed with this? Interesting? I'm thinking that it's kind of a pain in the butt that you're going to end up having to get a new audio system to run it through if you have an amp instead of a pod and a monitor already.

Yeah, I have it ... it's sweet spot is really as a plug in for recording and mixing. To use it as an effect you need a PC, amp and speakers as you said, and to take it on the road you would need a laptop. I only use it in recording, and in fact I just bought the line 6 equivalent which is a plug in that has exactly the same sounds as my PodXT - that means I can record the guitar dry with no effect, and tweak the effects afterwards to get a sound I like if I not happy with the original.

In terms of how good it is - I would say that it is roughly comparable to the pod. It has a huge number of effects, Amp simulations etc, and you can get some great sounds out of it - it is a great piecde of software, but not useable as part of a live rig IMO.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Igorrr
Jun 2 2007, 04:37 PM
GMC:er
Hi Scott,

as Andrew stated Guitar Rig is mainly meant for Recording and for that purpose it is really good.
But test the other software that is out there as well. There are also Amplitube 2 and Revalver MK II.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:30 AM