> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Legato Stamina, Lesson By Ian Bushell
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

warrioroflight
Nov 12 2014, 04:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Legato Stamina by Ian Bushell

So, Gabriel asked me to put up another lessen i´ve been working at, altough i dont think its perfekt yet... its just so freaking fast.... o.o

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my band: IN LEGEND

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 13 2014, 06:52 AM
Instructor
Hi friend! This take is much better than what I imagined when you commented at Gab's Army about this new take. You are getting very close with this tricky and helpful lesson. There are moments where you are still not totally comfortable, and these ones are notorious but the overall is sounding, it just needs more time of practice to polish the faster sections.

Your fingers are moving fast as well as your hand so the connection between different parts of the neck and the different licks is already nailed. The next step would be to isolate the licks that are not sounding tight or clear and work on them as loops to get more comfortable with them.

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 13 2014, 12:15 PM
Instructor
Hey mate!

As it happens, I did this one myself a couple of years ago and it is very demanding in terms of resistance and focusing on being relaxed while playing - you did a good job and all I can say is that you should maybe slow it down a little bit and focus on transitions and being in the groove with the phrases and then practicing it again at full tempo in order to be able to play it as close to perfection as possible. As Gabi very well said, it's all a matter of becoming more and more natural with it, so congrats on the good work and keep on polishing it.

All the best,

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 14 2014, 07:09 PM
Instructor
Woah, that is a great effort.. that is a demanding lesson.

You've got a nice, fluid legato technique.. the things holding you back in this lesson are:

-Linking the different position shifts together. Sometimes you chop off a note at the end of a phrase in order to shift to the next one. It's a very common thing for us guitarists to do when we've got to make a quick position shift, but as Ian demonstrates in the lesson, it can be done without sacrificing any notes so try to make the transitions between shapes as seamless as you can.

-Use of pinky. You do use it in a couple of shapes because you can't get away from it but there are some moments where use of the pinky would help you nail the shapes easier such as the section from 0:28-0:33. You make a brave job of it with your first 3 fingers only but that phrase is written with the pinky in mind so don't be shy, get that little piggy moving ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 17 2014, 05:27 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:02 AM