Got The Job Interview!
Ajmurrell
May 7 2009, 03:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
Wahey!! One step closer to getting my dream job - being a caretaker at my local college... Which is on my road!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Been through an assessment day which involved written tasks and pracitcal tasks (including changing bathroom towels huh.gif ) and just got the call for the formal interview.

If I get the job, maybe I'll actually be able to renew my subscription here! It's only been 2 weeks, but I'm thoroughly missing the use of the backing tracks and lesson video's already!

Rock on guys, and wish me luck smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 7 2009, 03:37 PM
GMC:er
Best of luck mate. It's always good to have a job so close to your house as it saves so much money. I spend 140 pound a month of Transport alone.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
berko
May 7 2009, 03:46 PM
Have luck man! And keep us updated! smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 7 2009, 03:56 PM
Instructor
I wish you good luck of course but tell me are you serious that your dream job is changing bathroom towels? Or that's just part of that test?

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 7 2009, 03:57 PM
Instructor
Good luck with the interview Adam, I hope you get your dream job smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 7 2009, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Thats great smile.gif Hopefully the interview will go well smile.gif Good luck!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
May 7 2009, 04:01 PM
Instructor
Good luck my friend!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 7 2009, 04:03 PM
Good Luck Adam, although surely the Travel Benefits won't be as good???
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 7 2009, 04:10 PM
Instructor
Best of luck Adam, fingers crossed! smile.gif

Indeed, is changing towels real deal or?

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
May 7 2009, 04:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Best of luck Adam! smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
May 7 2009, 04:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
Haha, yeah perhaps that might have been easily misread... I think that was a task to really test your ability to hear instructions and respond, (it was one of those towel machines that you pull and circles back round the other side)...

There were quite a few people who obviously didn't know any english what so ever, so I think the written and practical basic tests really were to sort out if communication was possible, and to see if you had some basic use for your brain tongue.gif heh

Anyway, yeah its a job being caretaker for an entire college and that means various jobs all over the place I guess. Not just changing toilet things tongue.gif

It's perfect for me because its 30 seconds down the road, and not sitting behind a desk in customer services - which I think would be my only alternative given the current employement situation.

At the moment, its just perfect for me smile.gif I have no real substantial education certificates after leaving college due to illness, and no real job experience either... So... Yeah, quite the best job I can think of smile.gif

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 7 2009, 03:56 PM) *
I wish you good luck of course but tell me are you serious that your dream job is changing bathroom towels? Or that's just part of that test?

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
superize
May 7 2009, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Congratz hope you get the job

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 7 2009, 04:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ May 7 2009, 04:34 PM) *
At the moment, its just perfect for me smile.gif I have no real substantial education certificates after leaving college due to illness, and no real job experience either... So... Yeah, quite the best job I can think of smile.gif

In that case all the best mate smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
May 7 2009, 06:20 PM
Instructor
Good luck pal.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:12 AM