Guitar Exposed To Head
Giacinto
May 12 2009, 05:15 PM
GMC:er
hey guys, just wanted to know how much a guitar can/should take.
i play directly under the roof (air conditioner only in use at midday) and its about 25 degrees most times.
may get up to 32 sometimes in the summer.. is this too hot to leave ur guitar there?
just curious i mean wood expands doesnt it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skalde
May 12 2009, 05:50 PM
Learning Roadie
If you hit your guitar on your head. Your guitar could suffer serious damage.

concerning heat: You can put your guitar in your gigbase and put in an umbrageous area. It should be fine, you may have to retune your guitar form time to time, because the temperature could affect the strings.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 12 2009, 06:09 PM
Instructor
Keep it in the case and should be fine

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
purple hayes
May 12 2009, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Skalde @ May 12 2009, 12:50 PM) *
umbrageous

Off topic, but thanks for teaching me a new word today.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 12 2009, 08:28 PM
Instructor
I don't know, but I think it helps if the air is not humid, and if the guitar is not in the direct sunlight. I suppose if it is hot and dry, nothing can happen, but who knows.. I've never heard that someone had some problems withe keeping the guitar in a hot air environment. In fact, my room is on a sunny side in PM hours, and it can get pretty warm in here. I don't use ari conditioning while I'm not in the room, and the temperature definitely kicks to 30-32 in hot summer days - even nights. I've never had any problems, I keep window covers and curtains shut because of the sunlight during the day, and it is OK.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Skalde
May 12 2009, 09:15 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (purple hayes @ May 12 2009, 09:08 PM) *
Off topic, but thanks for teaching me a new word today.

Got if from http://dict.leo.org/ and didn't know it before biggrin.gif
I thought, you can't say shaddy, can you?

+Quote Post
berko
May 12 2009, 09:19 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 12 2009, 09:28 PM) *
I don't know, but I think it helps if the air is not humid, and if the guitar is not in the direct sunlight. I suppose if it is hot and dry, nothing can happen, but who knows.. I've never heard that someone had some problems withe keeping the guitar in a hot air environment. In fact, my room is on a sunny side in PM hours, and it can get pretty warm in here. I don't use ari conditioning while I'm not in the room, and the temperature definitely kicks to 30-32 in hot summer days - even nights. I've never had any problems, I keep window covers and curtains shut because of the sunlight during the day, and it is OK.

Same here. Sometimes 28-30 C (82-86F) in here during summer but I had no problems. No direct sunlight + keep out of high humidity concentration and your axe will be fine

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 12 2009, 09:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
I believe graphite necks are good at staying in tune when subjected to varying temperatures.
Thanks Skalde for the word of the day biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Jesse
May 12 2009, 09:26 PM
When I read the title, I thought you had a accident and like, hit your head with your guitar really bad...

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
sted
May 12 2009, 09:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Umbrageous: Affording or forming shade.

Bet thats worth a few points in scrabble! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Giacinto
May 12 2009, 09:34 PM
heh umbrageous is awesome thanks for the word - searched it on leo, too.
ok thanks so far for your answers - was just worried if the wood takes damage after a while!

cheers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:43 AM