Style - Christian Rock

Band Leader - Leedbreak

Band members

Leedbreak
Fretdancer69
Crazyfret
Stratman33
Arrival

Use this board to liase with Leedbreak your band leader & other band mates, discuss songs you want to do, develop ideas etc.

All the best guys! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Jan 5 2008, 12:36 AM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Dec 21 2007, 10:36 PM
GMC:er
Post number 1

Welcome Fellow Valley Soldiers.

Here is what we are going to do over the next few weeks. Write a very simple original song, why not? We can do it, even if the first one is just musical. The holidays will be busy for all, so we will start a bit slow. But once rolling, this is going to be so much fun. So, lets all remember we are here to learn and have fun.

I am going to post some starting points in several posts, with this post being number 1.

All band members please reply once with everything you can bring into this first song.

Use my list as a sample. I will establish a list of duties to get us rolling but for awhile no one has a particular part, all of this will be open to everyone. And all suggestions encouraged. But as we start putting it together, we will know what to do.

I can record and are able to save and send audio files.
I can mix our song.
Guitar – best thing I can do, go figure
Vocals – Better at back up but will do as a last resort. (No Screaming please)
Bass – I can make with software if we have too
Drums - I can make decent drums with software
Keyboard – me or my wife can do it as needed.
I can write lyrics.
I have Guitar Pro (for exchanging riffs)
I have power tabs (for exchanging riffs)

I also need your response to playing Christian music. Since the lyrics will need to be as such. It is just like we said about the Collaboration video, never know who may hear it. I would not say you have to be 100% Christians but you should not be against or disagree with it, that's all.
Well, we are going to have a lot of fun with this and learn a lot too. We should be able to make a bunch of cool music. And it will be something we are all proud of.

I suggest we all add each other to our PM buddy list and use that system for communicating as well as the threads.

Post 2 coming when all have replied.

I need to log off and will not be back on till later on, got a supper to attend.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Dec 21 2007, 10:42 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 21 2007, 10:36 PM
Christian Rock? should be intresting, good luck guys smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 21 2007, 11:24 PM
I can contribute with lyrics too. I have GP to exchange riffs as well, i can play guitar too tongue.gif biggrin.gif.

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Dec 21 2007, 11:26 PM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 21 2007, 11:30 PM
Learning Roadie
i actually cant wait to hear what you guy's come up with.
i heard creed was a christian metal band i like most of their stuff.
im not a christian but im definatly open to the concept so good luck guy's biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 21 2007, 11:53 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Dec 21 2007, 03:36 PM) *
Christian Rock? should be intresting, good luck guys smile.gif

QUOTE (muntahunta @ Dec 21 2007, 04:30 PM) *
i heard creed was a christian metal band i like most of their stuff.
im not a christian but im definatly open to the concept so good luck guy's biggrin.gif

Thanks, I hope we can come up with awesome stuff!!! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Dec 22 2007, 11:08 AM
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Dec 21 2007, 11:30 PM) *

Here is an eksample of a christian Rock band Munta: smile.gif https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_qK8OQPdCo

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
Arrival
Dec 22 2007, 11:21 AM
Hey guys, I'm excited to get started on this, just in time for Christmas too! My family is Christian but personally I'm simply unsure about anything at this point although I do believe deeply that the Christian message is very good even if that has been abandoned by many modern day Christians in America.

I can play guitar lead/rhythm, whatever really in that category.
At this point, as a "starving artist" I'm limited to guitar, so I apologize for not being able to contribute more.
Leedbreak, if you can get some sort of drum track on here, I can work from there on a rhythm section to try to get things rolling.

I also have a couple basic questions:

What is the overall mood we are looking for?
Do we want a particular key or scale?
What sort of song structure are we planning?

I think it's important that we remain on the same page here seeing as how we can't sit down and jam etc.

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Dec 22 2007, 06:39 PM
Hey everyone, just popping in to say I got a honey do list to work out today but will be back on tonight. We are having the folks over the 25th, so the list is long.
Bought a Creed album today and I believe that is the basic style I hope for, some pretty riffs but then again a tad heavy too, With more solos.
I will post some drum tracks later tonight US Time and we can all start working on ideas.

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Dec 22 2007, 06:59 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Dec 22 2007, 06:54 PM
QUOTE (Arrival @ Dec 22 2007, 04:21 AM) *
Hey guys, I'm excited to get started on this, just in time for Christmas too! My family is Christian but

What is the overall mood we are looking for?
Do we want a particular key or scale?
What sort of song structure are we planning?

I think it's important that we remain on the same page here seeing as how we can't sit down and jam etc.

The basic parts of "post 2" that will contain drum tracks, we all just post a couple of our best ideas. When we start to see some cool riffs (which won't take long) we will take them and work keys and scales from that.
"Post 3" will be our first posting of riffs we have come up with, so basically we are all staring with guitar.

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Dec 22 2007, 07:00 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Arrival
Dec 25 2007, 01:53 AM
Hey guys, I like the sound on that little guitar track. I listened to it and this is the basic form:

C#m
Aadd9
C#m
Aadd9
C#m
Aadd9
F#11
Aadd9
F#11
Aadd9
These will follow a C#m scale as CrazyFret said, with a flat 7th interval in the F#11 chord.

I think we should stick to this. It will give an interesting feel with the unique time signature and unique chords.

I'll keep working on some sort of distortion lick to transition into maybe a heavier verse.

This post has been edited by Arrival: Dec 25 2007, 02:00 AM

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Dec 25 2007, 03:01 AM
QUOTE (Arrival @ Dec 24 2007, 06:53 PM) *
Hey guys, I like the sound on that little guitar track. I listened to it and this is the basic form:

C#m
Aadd9
C#m
Aadd9
C#m
Aadd9
F#11
Aadd9
F#11
Aadd9
These will follow a C#m scale as CrazyFret said, with a flat 7th interval in the F#11 chord.

I think we should stick to this. It will give an interesting feel with the unique time signature and unique chords.

I'll keep working on some sort of distortion lick to transition into maybe a heavier verse.

Sound like a great idea. Go with it. But be sure to read the post I just put on the uploads page.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=106733

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Dec 25 2007, 03:04 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Arrival
Jan 3 2008, 06:47 PM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't gotten a post up yet, the holiday season was filled with business and a creative block. I think it would help a lot if you (CrazyFret and leedbreak) could go over what you guys have so far and tidy it up a bit. The last post just felt impossible for me to find a beat. I think it would help if CrazyFret re-recorded his intro segment to the 100bpm we were talking about. Hopefully if we can do that, I'll be able to get some sort of idea for rhythm going. Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 4 2008, 06:20 PM
QUOTE (Arrival @ Jan 3 2008, 11:47 AM) *
Hey guys, sorry I haven't gotten a post up yet, the holiday season was filled with business and a creative block. I think it would help a lot if you (CrazyFret and leedbreak) could go over what you guys have so far and tidy it up a bit. The last post just felt impossible for me to find a beat. I think it would help if CrazyFret re-recorded his intro segment to the 100bpm we were talking about. Hopefully if we can do that, I'll be able to get some sort of idea for rhythm going. Happy New Year!

Yes, we need that one better, I did title it as rough. LOL

Remember however, that nothing is in stone so be creative and just record anything you like in these early stages. Key and tempo can be suited to cool riffs that is for sure. We are still in post two which is the idea stage for all evolved. The first tib bits I posted were in Em.

We need as many ideals as we can.

Thanks all

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Jan 4 2008, 06:20 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 5 2008, 12:37 AM
We had a member step down but stratman33 will be stepping up to the plate to help out.
Welcome,

stratman33

Lets make it a goal for all members to have posted new ideas or additions by next Friday night, or earlier smile.gif . We can do this thing so lets get busy.
I plan on writing several more things this weekend, some will be in the current direction and some will be new, lets rock. cool.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 5 2008, 11:32 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Jan 5 2008, 03:26 PM) *
It stays the same for me:-D No change here - 20 posts on page..

Hey guys, im sorry for havent been in active on the band, i got a new computer and there some software i need to install several stuff and the recording software, and i need to see if it works. Sorry, when i get it to work ill start recording some stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 7 2008, 12:31 AM
1/8/08

Since we have two boards my last post in here will be dated and always link to the most up to date file in the uploads thread.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=115706

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Jan 8 2008, 03:51 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 9 2008, 09:21 PM
just a quick question:is Arrival still in the band?or did he drop?he hasnt put anything out as far as i know, and he seems like he knows alot about guitar and could reallllllly help us out cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 9 2008, 10:48 PM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Jan 9 2008, 02:21 PM) *
just a quick question:is Arrival still in the band?or did he drop?he hasnt put anything out as far as i know, and he seems like he knows alot about guitar and could reallllllly help us out cool.gif

Yes, I still expect some nice things from Arrival and fretdancer, Guys? smile.gif

Been doing some mixing here and there, hope to have more to post soon.

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 11 2008, 04:33 AM
Hey guys, my recording stuff and software is now functional and im ready to start recording. I recorded to day my take on Gabriel's Collab and a song on the Uploads board if you want to check them out.

Tomorrow is weekend so that means ill have time tomorrow and the rest of the weekend to work on Maelstrom.

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:48 PM