2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Sun Tans
Ben Higgins
Aug 10 2012, 07:55 AM
Instructor
I was doing some lawn mowing yesterday and got a bit burnt by the sun. I'm not a 'sun tan' kind of guy. I guess people with British, Irish, Anglo Saxon, Northern European blood are not really designed for the sun ! laugh.gif

What about you ? Are you a person who tans easily or are you a burner ??

P.S. Nihilist, I know the answer for you already ! tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 10 2012, 08:45 AM
Instructor
I go on gypsy mode whenever I stay naked in the sun for more than a few hours biggrin.gif This is a very useful thing, as when I am at the seaside I don't have to worry about going all red and stingy wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 10 2012, 09:11 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 10 2012, 06:55 AM) *
I was doing some lawn mowing yesterday and got a bit burnt by the sun. I'm not a 'sun tan' kind of guy. I guess people with British, Irish, Anglo Saxon, Northern European blood are not really designed for the sun ! laugh.gif

It really doesn't depends what kind of "blood" you are to get burnt by sun , the sun tan depends on pigment melanin !!

Btw, BEN Congrats- it's your 7500 post !! cool.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 10 2012, 07:45 AM) *
I go on gypsy mode whenever I stay naked in the sun for more than a few hours biggrin.gif

Gypsy Mode ??? You mean Phrygian Dominant? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Aug 10 2012, 09:31 AM
Luckily I have a darker skin color than most people in the netherllands, Still dont know why, I think it has something to
do with the milkman or something. If I get burned, I only get my nose burned smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 10 2012, 09:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 10 2012, 09:11 AM) *
It really doesn't depends what kind of "blood" you are to get burnt by sun , the sun tan depends on pigment melanin !!

I didn't mean it literally, Slav ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 10 2012, 09:48 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 10 2012, 08:37 AM) *
I didn't mean it literally, Slav ! wink.gif

Ok, i just woke up when i have read that biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 10 2012, 10:42 AM
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Aug 10 2012, 02:01 PM) *
Luckily I have a darker skin color than most people in the netherllands, Still dont know why, I think it has something to
do with the milkman or something. If I get burned, I only get my nose burned smile.gif

And I have a lighter skin color than most people in India laugh.gif But, I've gotten darker over they years, playing cricket in the sun in the old days, all day long, nostalgia cool.gif Plus all the tanning as a bonus laugh.gif And now, I am much darker than I was earlier. But, I've hated the sun, and heat, since the dawn of time tongue.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Aug 10 2012, 10:43 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 10 2012, 10:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Aug 10 2012, 10:42 AM) *
But, I've hated the sun, and heat, since the dawn of time tongue.gif laugh.gif

I'm always longing for the summer... and then I remember why I don't like the heat. I can't do anything !! tongue.gif

If it's too heat I don't even want to play the guitar...

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 10 2012, 11:14 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 10 2012, 03:21 PM) *
I'm always longing for the summer... and then I remember why I don't like the heat. I can't do anything !! tongue.gif

If it's too heat I don't even want to play the guitar...

Me too !!! mad.gif I get sweating bullets tongue.gif laugh.gif Plus, the heat in India wink.gif You know laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 10 2012, 11:54 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I naturally have an olive complexion and tan rather then burn.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 10 2012, 12:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 10 2012, 11:54 AM) *
I naturally have an olive complexion and tan rather then burn.

That's pretty handy considering where you now reside smile.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 10 2012, 12:41 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 10 2012, 12:10 PM) *
That's pretty handy considering where you now reside smile.gif

My wife has a more N European complexion wink.gif

My daughter takes after me though. We struggle to get her to put on protection as she thinks it doesn't matter.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 10 2012, 01:24 PM
Ive got some horrostory about my sunburns.... its bad, im that white, haha!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 10 2012, 01:47 PM
Tone Seeker
I'm easily tanned person also but I always have so called "T-shirt tan". My legs, arms and face is tanned but my body is white tongue.gif
I like sun but I don't like hanging at the beach for hours.

This post has been edited by WeePee: Aug 10 2012, 01:48 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 10 2012, 02:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Aug 10 2012, 01:47 PM) *
I'm easily tanned person also but I always have so called "T-shirt tan". My legs, arms and face is tanned but my body is white tongue.gif
I like sun but I don't like hanging at the beach for hours.

Haha, yeah.. the trucker's tan ! Brown arms but that's it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Aug 10 2012, 03:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Luckily I tan and don't burn unless I really over do it. Where I live water activities are extremely popular and also my grass has to be cut weekly for around 6-7 months of the year so I get a lot of outside time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 10 2012, 03:46 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I get red easily (in the sun, that is) but don't really get burned badly. After 2 days, the red vanishes into a nice tan.

Who would have guessed you're not the "sun tan" kind of guy? tongue.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 10 2012, 04:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 10 2012, 03:46 PM) *
Who would have guessed you're not the "sun tan" kind of guy? tongue.gif

I'm an English milk bottle ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 10 2012, 04:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Like Tony, I have an olive complexion, so I tan pretty easily. I love the heat though biggrin.gif I enjoy the sensation of walking out into the warm air. But not too hot though, I think somewhere between 85-95F (30-35C) is perfect wink.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 10 2012, 04:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 10 2012, 04:10 PM) *
I enjoy the sensation of walking out into the warm air. But not too hot though, I think somewhere between 85-95F (30-35C) is perfect wink.gif

Somewhere near having your skin melted off in the fires of Hell then.. ? laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:20 PM