Hello Gmcers! Coming In For A Tasty Taste
GuitarFrog
Aug 9 2020, 05:28 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello fellow guitar enthusiasts!!! Honored to be part of the site!

I have numerous interests in music, mostly in singing, song writing, and producing. Some light piano, drumming, and ukulele too.

My other hobbies are surfing, wind surfing, sailing, and rock climbing. If I'm older and less physically able, I hope to become a pilot. I work as an audio software engineer professionally.

I've been playing music for 10+ years since I was a kid, although off and on. Mostly learned the basics of music from trombone in high school as well as going through the David Lucas Burge ear training CDs as a kid with friends on the bus to sporting events. I had an acoustic guitar for a few years in high school before finally saving enough to get my first good guitar, which I still have, schecter 6 string hellraiser. Playing guitar for about 12 years.

My main guitar is a 7 string HR sustainiac.

I'm not particular about amps or any of that gear (yet? tongue.gif). I'm mostly a home studio guitarist.

Believe it or not, I saw Kris on that black/orange lightweight guitar before youtube was a thing, but paying money for guitar lessons was out of the question back in those days biggrin.gif -- Most recently I was floored by his Mark Knopfler influenced work and was reminded of his site and decided to go all in for a few months.

Song Learning and Video Cover Recording Goals:
* All parts to Are You Dead Yet - Children of Bodom (A must know dropped tuning song that just isn't the same without a dropped guitar because of that rumbly dissonant riff)
* All parts to Hotel California - Eagles
* All parts to 夜曲 - 周杰伦
* All parts to Sweet Child of Mine - Guns n Roses
* All parts to Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
* All parts to Coming Home - A7x

I'm mostly focused on the songs, but as I run into trouble, I'll seek out some lessons that help me focus on the techniques from different angles. For example, I have just about learned all of Are You Dead Yet, but the alternate picking part I can't do much higher than 70% speed (16th @ 135bpm), and I also don't understand (or have an ear) for some of the note choices, so I need to supplement drills from both alternate picking as well as diminished and locrian progressions for this one.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by GuitarFrog: Aug 9 2020, 05:33 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 9 2020, 08:51 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to GMC Guitarfrog, looking forward to having you here smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2020, 06:15 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Welcome to GMC!!

That's a very cool introduction!! I'm listening to that COC solo, it's very interesting!

Here I found a cover with tabs:

The main techniques here are: alternate picking, palm muting, double string bends, string skipping and vibrato. It's very complete. You'll be able to find lessons and tutorials covering them at GMC. Let me know if you need any help finding the right lessons for you.

I've noticed that you already shared a REC take, well done! I'm going there now.

Enjoy GMC!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 9 2020, 08:06 PM
GMC Founder
Just saw your REC - it's awesome to have you here mate! Very proud to have inspired you - was it this video?

--------------------

+Quote Post
GuitarFrog
Aug 10 2020, 12:14 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 9 2020, 07:06 PM) *
Just saw your REC - it's awesome to have you here mate! Very proud to have inspired you - was it this video?

Not that exact one but pretty similar. It was definitely on the same guitar (love the guitar!)

It might have been a live stream as well. I listened to a few, and this lick at :25 I believe is what grabbed me! Although the video I was watching was much longer of playing similar to this.
https://youtu.be/2lz3GeFEoJM?t=25

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 9 2020, 05:15 PM) *
Hi mate!! Welcome to GMC!!

That's a very cool introduction!! I'm listening to that COC solo, it's very interesting!

Here I found a cover with tabs:

The main techniques here are: alternate picking, palm muting, double string bends, string skipping and vibrato. It's very complete. You'll be able to find lessons and tutorials covering them at GMC. Let me know if you need any help finding the right lessons for you.

I've noticed that you already shared a REC take, well done! I'm going there now.

Enjoy GMC!!

Thank you! This is a good resource. Hmm I was considering doing legato for the last part of that speed run just to make time and get something recorded. Interesting to see that's what he does in this version. I love how the guitar offers so many different ways to play the same notes! I'm going to give this fingering some practice as well.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 10 2020, 02:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GuitarFrog @ Aug 9 2020, 08:14 PM) *
Thank you! This is a good resource. Hmm I was considering doing legato for the last part of that speed run just to make time and get something recorded. Interesting to see that's what he does in this version. I love how the guitar offers so many different ways to play the same notes! I'm going to give this fingering some practice as well.

Yes! You can definitely isolate the different licks and use them as exercises for your diary routine. That's a great idea.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 11 2020, 03:46 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to GMC!! I'm Todd and I run the SHRED BOOTCAMP. Send me a personal message if you want to try it. : )For your songs i'd say start trying to pick out the notes by ear if possible to work on ear training and go grab the guitar pro tablature for them as a backup so you can reference once you think you have it

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 15 2020, 12:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to the site. I hope you'll enjoy it here smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:43 AM