Settin' Pickups
mitch_04
Apr 12 2007, 07:57 PM
GMC:er
K, newbie here, I have a Ibanez electic starter kit, and I've been playin' for a few months. However, I'm a mechanic and a car painter so I just had to tear it apart and do a lil custom painting to show my love for Slipknot(one of my favorite bands). Anyways, my pickups seem to be uneven, as in one side is higher than the other. Is there any certain distance they are supposed to be from the strings or are they just supposed to be even? Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
wheeler
Apr 12 2007, 08:44 PM
GMC:er
To the best of my understanding, it is a matter of tonal preference. Setting the pickup closer to or farther from the strings affects how they pick up the signal (stronger or weaker, maybe different ends of the frequency?). Some guitars come with the pickup staggered so that they will pick up the signal in a certain way. So it's no big deal....if you don't like the sound, raise or lower it until you do. biggrin.gif

The closer the pickup is to the strings, the more powerful the signal will be....so if it's too strong on the treble, move it farther away from the high strings....too weak, move it closer.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:54 PM