New Tattoo!
Gitarrero
Mar 20 2012, 12:01 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi guys!

I figured it was time for a new tattoo, so I just went to the studio and got one... biggrin.gif
Okay, for real, I always knew I wanted a Grizzly Bear tattoo and spent a huge amount of time looking for the right picture. I went to my tattoo artist who already did my last tattoo and asked her if she could do it.. She said of course as animals and realistic tattoos are her specialty. Then she called me two months ago to postpone our date by one week and asked me to come to the "tattoo ink explosion" convention to do the tattoo there, since this one would be very important for her work.
So I went to this convention, where all these heavily tattooed guys and girls were running around.
Our session started, after 3 hours we took a break and I was walking around, grabbing some food. People started talking to me who was doing this, where they could find her and stuff...
So we continued our session and once we got close to finishing (after another 2 hours) I realized that a huge group gathered around us, quite a few artists among them. "Dude, you really have to take part in the competition tonight, just fill out this form!" said one of them.
Guess what, my tattoo (or rather my artist) won in the categories "best realistic" and "best of the day".
I'm really happy for my tattoo artist cause she does great work and I really hope she gets a bit more famous now, she really deserves it.
Needless to say, I'm really happy with the result as well smile.gif

Christian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
del-4fr53e3
Mar 20 2012, 12:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
Wow, that looks really, really good. Congratulations!
Not everyone can say they have a literally prize winning tattoo biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Mar 20 2012, 12:35 PM

+Quote Post
dark dude
Mar 20 2012, 01:27 PM
GMC:er
Wow, that looks amazing.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 20 2012, 01:35 PM
Learning Roadie
That really jumps out at you, almost 3d!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
dark dude
Mar 20 2012, 01:41 PM
Oh, it's a tattoo laugh.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 20 2012, 01:51 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (dark dude @ Mar 20 2012, 01:41 PM) *
Oh, it's a tattoo laugh.gif

Relax, he just wants to play laugh.gif

Thanks for your comments guys smile.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 20 2012, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Christian that rocks !! That's a respectably big tatt as well ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 20 2012, 02:46 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks Ben!
To be honest, I was pretty happy when the 5 hours were over laugh.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 20 2012, 03:00 PM
Learning Roadie
I waited until I finished reading your post before I looked at the picture. I was expecting a serene photo. A bear out in the wilderness, by the stream, with a fish in his mouth. happy.gif

*Scrolls down*

HOLY MOMMA BEAR!! It freaked me out for a second. biggrin.gif Looks very awesome! And although I wouldn't want something so "loud" on my arm, the fact that you won a prize for it and that your dedication to sit through 5 hours of it is great! Anybody trying to mess with you will face the wrath of the bear!! wink.gif

Brandon

(Great to have you back on the forum, Christian. We missed you and your shenanigans!!) wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 20 2012, 03:06 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 20 2012, 03:00 PM) *
I waited until I finished reading your post before I looked at the picture. I was expecting a serene photo. A bear out in the wilderness, by the stream, with a fish in his mouth. happy.gif

*Scrolls down*

HOLY MOMMA BEAR!! It freaked me out for a second. biggrin.gif Looks very awesome! And although I wouldn't want something so "loud" on my arm, the fact that you won a prize for it and that your dedication to sit through 5 hours of it is great! Anybody trying to mess with you will face the wrath of the bear!! wink.gif

Brandon

(Great to have you back on the forum, Christian. We missed you and your shenanigans!!) wink.gif

Haha, thanks Brandon! I found a screaming bear is just more rock'n'roll laugh.gif
I actually don't care about the prize, but I am really happy for the artist who did it because she really deserves it. I could tell that she was really proud of her work and this one artist from the UK (who seems to be well known in the scene) told her "Girl, it's beyond me why you're not famous yet."
And yes, prepare for some more shenanigans from now on laugh.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
dark dude
Mar 20 2012, 03:28 PM
Almost forgot:

Still can't figure out whether I hate or love this laugh.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 20 2012, 03:31 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I was kinda expecting this earlier laugh.gif
it's so annoying that I honestly hate this song, but it's stuck in my head and I sometimes hum it...so there must be a bit of love involved laugh.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2012, 03:47 PM
Instructor
Wou! The tattoo is excellent!! It's so realistic! Congrats you and her! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 20 2012, 03:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Mar 20 2012, 02:28 PM) *
Almost forgot:

Still can't figure out whether I hate or love this laugh.gif

If you can't figure it out then it usually means you love it ! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2012, 04:44 PM
Instructor
Hey Christian! Congrats my friend! biggrin.gif That bear looks like it would swallow me and Bogdan whole if we punish you too much in the mentoring thread biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 20 2012, 04:48 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 20 2012, 04:44 PM) *
Hey Christian! Congrats my friend! biggrin.gif That bear looks like it would swallow me and Bogdan whole if we punish you too much in the mentoring thread biggrin.gif

Yep, that was the sole purpose of getting it laugh.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 20 2012, 05:00 PM
Nice work Christian!!!
5 hours in one sitting is some serious needlework man!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Mar 20 2012, 05:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
wow - its like a painting!
thought about getting a 3d tattooo? And what would it be? biggrin.gif

nice!
chris

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 20 2012, 05:36 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 20 2012, 05:00 PM) *
Nice work Christian!!!
5 hours in one sitting is some serious needlework man!!!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, that was pretty intense...but since it was at a convention and the girl usually works in my hometown Münster there was no choice but doing it in one session. We had a little food break in between though biggrin.gif

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Mar 20 2012, 05:20 PM) *
wow - its like a painting!

nice!
chris

I actually never thought about a 3D tattoo wink.gif Since I got the two tattoos I wanted now (guitar and bear) I doubt that I'll ever get a 3D tattoo...but never say never wink.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 20 2012, 06:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Mar 20 2012, 04:20 PM) *

A 3D Tattoo ???? These exist ??? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:25 PM