5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Epic Pop Collab, Let's make a tasty tune.
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 9 2017, 09:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
Extended a bit to throw in a few more lines. Sorry if I've gone over the line here, Gabriel. Just let me know and I'll take it down.

EDIT: Check youtube link below.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Apr 10 2017, 12:20 AM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Apr 9 2017, 05:27 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Very nice Caelumamittendum, I like it

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 9 2017, 05:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks, MisterM smile.gif

I made a small change with one more backing voice in there in the chorus:

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Apr 9 2017, 05:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Apr 9 2017, 07:22 PM
Veteran Tone Master
This is mine

I built an audio step by step.
I played a 1st phrasing, I listened to and I tried to build the continuation.
At present, I have to learn has to play it in 1 shot to make the video

http://ahp.li/62400e3eec046f1a0f77.wav

http://ahp.li/adfb907be9852ab8ba9f.wav

This post has been edited by MisterM: Apr 9 2017, 07:31 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 9 2017, 08:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok Gab,

I've recorded a video just in case time doesn't allow any more, you know how my time is at the moment. I've also put the actual recording that was done for the video, same notes as the last one played slightly different (REC button syndrome wink.gif ) I also noticed afterwards that I had switched to single coil mode on the guitar. Maybe you could blend both takes wink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjqPw9kyfgo

The two files, one with backing one without, no processing at all on guitar.
Attached File  Epic_Pop_messing_take_1_with_backing_guitar_no_process_for_video.mp3 ( 1.05MB ) Number of downloads: 84

Attached File  Epic_Pop_messing_take_1_guitar_only_no_process_for_video.mp3 ( 1.05MB ) Number of downloads: 80

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 9 2017, 09:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
I like your takes, Phil and MisterM smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 10 2017, 07:43 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 9 2017, 09:22 PM) *
I like your takes, Phil and MisterM smile.gif

Thanks Ben,

Mine would sound better but it is completely unprocessed guitar, Gab asked me to do that but I am going to try and find time to find a suitable tone through my GT100. wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 10 2017, 07:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm sure you could find something nice smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Apr 10 2017, 08:43 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi

Nice job Phil

I think your setting string is to near of the nec.
I hear it especialy on G String.

I 'm on the way ?

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 10 2017, 12:09 PM
Thanks Mr M,

I think I may have been picking too hard because it was so clean, the G, being unwound was the one I probably picked harder than the others. The action isn't super low on that guitar.

Cheers for listening buddy wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2017, 01:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 9 2017, 01:44 PM) *
Thanks, MisterM smile.gif

I made a small change with one more backing voice in there in the chorus:

I love it Cael!! I think that your voice sounds very fresh over this backing. The chorus vocal job is awesome. It's really interesting how you arranged it with those harmonisation. I only note some pitch issues in the verses that could be easily fixed by me. Feel free to share this only audio, or take some more days to practice and share a new take. We have some more days to go...

For the guitarists, feel free to share solos but also to jam over Cael's version to submit guitar arrangements that work with the vocal lines.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 9 2017, 04:52 PM) *
Ok Gab,

I've recorded a video just in case time doesn't allow any more, you know how my time is at the moment. I've also put the actual recording that was done for the video, same notes as the last one played slightly different (REC button syndrome wink.gif ) I also noticed afterwards that I had switched to single coil mode on the guitar. Maybe you could blend both takes wink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjqPw9kyfgo

The two files, one with backing one without, no processing at all on guitar.
Attached File  Epic_Pop_messing_take_1_with_backing_guitar_no_process_for_video.mp3 ( 1.05MB ) Number of downloads: 84

Attached File  Epic_Pop_messing_take_1_guitar_only_no_process_for_video.mp3 ( 1.05MB ) Number of downloads: 80

Nice! Thanks a lot Phil! I'll process this guitar in the case you don't find a tone that you like with your current processor. wink.gif

QUOTE (MisterM @ Apr 9 2017, 03:22 PM) *
This is mine

I built an audio step by step.
I played a 1st phrasing, I listened to and I tried to build the continuation.
At present, I have to learn has to play it in 1 shot to make the video

http://ahp.li/62400e3eec046f1a0f77.wav

http://ahp.li/adfb907be9852ab8ba9f.wav

That's a great take MisterM! I like your tone, and your melodic work. Thanks a lot friend. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 10 2017, 04:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 10 2017, 02:21 PM) *
I love it Cael!! I think that your voice sounds very fresh over this backing. The chorus vocal job is awesome. It's really interesting how you arranged it with those harmonisation. I only note some pitch issues in the verses that could be easily fixed by me. Feel free to share this only audio, or take some more days to practice and share a new take. We have some more days to go...

For the guitarists, feel free to share solos but also to jam over Cael's version to submit guitar arrangements that work with the vocal lines.

Wow! Thanks, Gabriel smile.gif I wasn't sure if I had gone over the line by extending the backing in the way I did, but I felt it was easier to add more vocals and make it more of a song that way. Of course you should arrange it all in a way that you see fit, this was just one way I came up with smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2017, 07:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 10 2017, 12:49 PM) *
Wow! Thanks, Gabriel smile.gif I wasn't sure if I had gone over the line by extending the backing in the way I did, but I felt it was easier to add more vocals and make it more of a song that way. Of course you should arrange it all in a way that you see fit, this was just one way I came up with smile.gif

Thanks for always giving your best on GMC collabs. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 10 2017, 09:07 PM
Another take, same notes, slightly different execution and a different guitar with some effects. I had to try this guitar out after practising tonight and thought "Why not give it an outing in the collab?" smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bse4poPOmJM

Attached File  Epic_Pop_messing_take_2_with_backing_guitar_for_video.mp3 ( 1.16MB ) Number of downloads: 90

Attached File  Epic_Pop_messing_take_2_guitar_only_for_video.mp3 ( 1.16MB ) Number of downloads: 108

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 10 2017, 10:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Lovely, Phil smile.gif I like the tone smile.gif

And the guitar looks great! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2017, 12:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 10 2017, 05:07 PM) *
Another take, same notes, slightly different execution and a different guitar with some effects. I had to try this guitar out after practising tonight and thought "Why not give it an outing in the collab?" smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bse4poPOmJM

Attached File  Epic_Pop_messing_take_2_with_backing_guitar_for_video.mp3 ( 1.16MB ) Number of downloads: 90

Attached File  Epic_Pop_messing_take_2_guitar_only_for_video.mp3 ( 1.16MB ) Number of downloads: 108

I love it Phil! Thanks for taking the time to put this together. You rock friend.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Apr 11 2017, 03:18 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Nice Job Phil

The tone is very good

I make a video for a new take.

I am not really satisfied
I mixed 2 tracks solo because it doesn't sound great
Also, I think that I can do better about dynamic on final section.
My bend to 00"33' is not on timing, I have to work again

When does collab end ?

http://ahp.li/bc425bec74a4f82bafff.wav

This post has been edited by MisterM: Apr 11 2017, 05:20 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 11 2017, 07:59 PM
QUOTE (MisterM @ Apr 11 2017, 03:18 PM) *
Nice Job Phil

The tone is very good

Thanks mate, It's my usual none dynamic predictable stuff but you got to have a go.

Your take is tasty mate. Looks like the Tele boys are leading 2-0 biggrin.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 13 2017, 02:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Apr 11 2017, 11:18 AM) *
Nice Job Phil

The tone is very good

I make a video for a new take.

I am not really satisfied
I mixed 2 tracks solo because it doesn't sound great
Also, I think that I can do better about dynamic on final section.
My bend to 00"33' is not on timing, I have to work again

When does collab end ?

Hey MisterM! I really like this one. Your tone and phrasing go really well with the backing. Take your time to polish those details and share the final take when you are happy with it.

DEADLINE: April 27 th

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Apr 16 2017, 10:57 PM
GMC:er
Moved recently. To little time to play. Getting the BandRoom running. Recording with some gear I haven't used in a while and mixing with pa full range speakers instead of headphones/monitors. Just some ideas and practice. I was so busy setting up the gear, I recorded on the fly without a pick. I find using a thumb and fingers makes me play in a certain way with respect to note groupings and such. And makes the note attack softer. I'll have to try another using a pick and see how it goes.

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Apr 17 2017, 12:35 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:56 PM