Marshall Jvm Series
ChrisVdS
Nov 2 2008, 02:08 PM
GMC:er
I started saving for a nice amp that would be nice for the styles i like i'm looking in the 1000 - 1600 euros pricerange first i was looking at a Fender Supersonic but then i noticed this Marshall JVM 410H which seems to live up to my demands from what i see on youtube. Does anyone have any expirience with this amp??

I saw these videos which give some detailed explenation of the amp 100 watt full stack hell yeah laugh.gif
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=_XLl_ENHY2k&...feature=related

Gary Moore testing the 50 watt version i think but i just had to put up this link because it's so good i would have given a year of my life to have seen this live smile.gif
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=aFwg1Ue_wdM&...feature=related

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 2 2008, 02:14 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Yeah, JVM seem like a great series, especially at 50W

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 2 2008, 02:20 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I tried the 50W version, sounded great smile.gif

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 3 2008, 01:12 AM
You might check out the JCM 2000 Dsl or Tsl. A nice used one would be about 1/2 the price of a JVM with all the tone. Just not as many features.

tommyboy

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post
FrankW
Nov 3 2008, 02:19 AM
QUOTE (tommyboy @ Nov 3 2008, 01:12 AM) *
You might check out the JCM 2000 Dsl or Tsl. A nice used one would be about 1/2 the price of a JVM with all the tone. Just not as many features.

tommyboy

I've got a TSL 100 that keeps blowing fuses. I'm sure a tube is bad. I'm trying to decide which tubes to put in it. The right tube choice can make a big difference. I'm doing some research now. What do you think? smile.gif

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 3 2008, 04:04 AM
QUOTE (FrankW @ Nov 2 2008, 07:19 PM) *
I've got a TSL 100 that keeps blowing fuses. I'm sure a tube is bad. I'm trying to decide which tubes to put in it. The right tube choice can make a big difference. I'm doing some research now. What do you think? smile.gif

Generally a fuse blowing is a tube. I get my tubes from http://www.eurotubes.com Check out the web site. If for no other reason for all of the information about tubes. Everything you'll ever want to know and more. Including How to bias videos and all kinds of great tech advice. Including how to find out which tube is going bad and causing your fuse to blow.

Check it out it's worth the time,
tommyboy

--------------------

+Quote Post
FrankW
Nov 3 2008, 06:17 PM
QUOTE (tommyboy @ Nov 3 2008, 04:04 AM) *
Generally a fuse blowing is a tube. I get my tubes from http://www.eurotubes.com Check out the web site. If for no other reason for all of the information about tubes. Everything you'll ever want to know and more. Including How to bias videos and all kinds of great tech advice. Including how to find out which tube is going bad and causing your fuse to blow.

Check it out it's worth the time,
tommyboy

I appreciate that. I'm going to call them and talk shop. I'm sure I'll be able to get good information regarding which tube is best for the sound I'm going for. Thanks again. smile.gif

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 3 2008, 06:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
Love that amp. playing it every time I visit a music store. gonna buy the 410 head as soon as I get into a longer band project

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 3 2008, 11:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tommyboy @ Nov 3 2008, 01:12 AM) *

tommyboy

This is very true. All the tone is there, except not so many features. For me 3 channels is just about enough really.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 3 2008, 11:01 PM
Learning Roadie
They like me! They really like me!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 4 2008, 04:06 PM
QUOTE (FrankW @ Nov 3 2008, 11:17 AM) *
I appreciate that. I'm going to call them and talk shop. I'm sure I'll be able to get good information regarding which tube is best for the sound I'm going for. Thanks again. smile.gif

No sweat! wink.gif Let me know what you find out or decide on. I'm thinking about giving the KT77's a shot instead on my normal EL34's in my JCM 2000. I bit more low end to play with. I like the sound of that!

tommyboy

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 3 2008, 04:00 PM) *
This is very true. All the tone is there, except not so many features. For me 3 channels is just about enough really.

I agree, I'd much rather have a amp with one great channel than one with a hundred mediocre ones. That's why I play the DSL 50. Great soild Marshall tone, very easy to use.

tommyboy

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Nov 4 2008, 08:34 PM
Your right tommyboy i found one for 800 euros JCM 2000 TSL 100 watts head is it also made in Britain like the JVM series ??

This post has been edited by ChrisVdS: Nov 4 2008, 08:35 PM

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 4 2008, 10:49 PM
Instructor
With JVM it's all about features and flexibility but if you ask me, it has a bit too much knobs, and modes. It could be much simpler, MIDI programming as well.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 5 2008, 01:02 AM
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Nov 4 2008, 01:34 PM) *
Your right tommyboy i found one for 800 euros JCM 2000 TSL 100 watts head is it also made in Britain like the JVM series ??

I'm not really sure how 800 euros compares to dollars. But sounds like it was about half. Personally I prefer the DSL's. I agree with Ivan as I think less is sometimes more on a amp. The one thing you'll find about Marshalls is they are very eq friendly on the fly. I can be playing and go back and tweak my settings without any trouble. The controls aren't overly sensitive but yet very useful. Once you learn your amp it takes seconds to totally go from a Hendricks Plexi tone to a real scooped mid Metal tone. I used to play a old JCM 800. Great tone but a bit limited. The JCM 2000's have all the JCM 800 Tone but also can take you to many others as well.

To give you a idea just how good they are Marshall just released a 85 year anniversary model. It's modeled after the 2000's. I don't think they should have quit making them but thats only my opinion.

check out these links to hear the versatility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XB0W26ycw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6jxTChhD7w...feature=related

This post has been edited by tommyboy: Nov 5 2008, 01:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Nov 5 2008, 07:38 PM
A brand new DSL 100 watts head is 1300 Euros which is about 1700 dollars, so 800 euros (a little over 1000 dollars) for a used one seems not bad at all. The TSL is 1300 aswell brand new and JVM 1500 euros, i think i will buy the one i can find first that's in excellent condition and not overpriced when i have the money to buy the head and cab.

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 6 2008, 02:34 AM
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Nov 5 2008, 12:38 PM) *
A brand new DSL 100 watts head is 1300 Euros which is about 1700 dollars, so 800 euros (a little over 1000 dollars) for a used one seems not bad at all. The TSL is 1300 aswell brand new and JVM 1500 euros, i think i will buy the one i can find first that's in excellent condition and not overpriced when i have the money to buy the head and cab.

Sounds like your on the right track. I picked up a used JCM 2000 dsl 50 in mint condition off Ebay for $675.00. The problem with heads if you don't already have a cabinet you have that cost. However, used ones 2x12 4x12 1x12 what ever you want seem to be had for a decent price used. I know guys who have had the same cabinet for 20 years but seem to change heads every whip stitch. So perhaps you should be keeping your eye out for a good deal on a used cabinet while your head shopping. Bottom line is you'll be getting great tone with any Marshall tube head.

tommyboy

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:48 PM