2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ps3 Sugestions?
TreyDeschamp
Jan 24 2009, 03:05 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey guys so my birthday is in a little over 2 weeks and my parents told me that since I got my new amp for Christmas I cant get a new guitar(as if I need one) so I told them I wanted a PS3 as I am a huge gamer as well as guitarist. Does anyone have any suggestions on which kind to get and what games to get if you could help me out on some of this it could really help me out. I'm already looking at Metal Gear Solid 4 but I dont know what else to get from their.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 24 2009, 03:59 AM
GMC:er
I just got one recently and I got the 80GB one and love it. I have Fallout 3 - Awesome, Bioshock - Awesome, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - Awesome, Grand Theft Auto IV - Awesome, Little Big Planet - Awesome, Retribution 2 - Awesome. You get the idea lol. Those games as well as Metal Gear Solid IV are musts.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Jan 24 2009, 04:06 AM
Fallout 3! It's by far the best for PS3, but so very time consuming. Little Big Planet and GTA IV are also great. MGS didn't do it for me, it was more like watching a movie.

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Jan 24 2009, 04:24 AM
I'm a 360 owner, but I know something about PS3s too. If I had one, personally I would get:
- Little Big Planet (Addictive. Really.)
- The Resistance Series (Awesome Shooters)
- Dead Space (Scariest game ever)
- Bioshock (Very awesome story)
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Valkyria Chronicles (If you like J-RPGs)

I'm a huge gamer too, I was born with a NES controller in my hand laugh.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 24 2009, 04:36 AM
QUOTE (Fullmetal_Tmd @ Jan 24 2009, 03:24 AM) *
Valkyria Chronicles (If you like J-RPGs)

Awesome game and sorry to hear you have a 360. Better look choosing next time biggrin.gif i got my ps3 for blu ray but man it whips microsofts ass on games just for ps3. Killzone 2 very shortly also.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 24 2009, 01:15 PM
Instructor
Definitely MGS 4 (it's the best exclusive for PS3 at the moment).

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jan 24 2009, 02:57 PM
QUOTE (Fullmetal_Tmd @ Jan 23 2009, 09:24 PM) *
I'm a 360 owner, but I know something about PS3s too. If I had one, personally I would get:
- Little Big Planet (Addictive. Really.)
- The Resistance Series (Awesome Shooters)
- Dead Space (Scariest game ever)
- Bioshock (Very awesome story)
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Valkyria Chronicles (If you like J-RPGs)

I'm a huge gamer too, I was born with a NES controller in my hand laugh.gif

Im just like you on the fact that Im a 360 owner. I think for now Im getting MGS4 Resistance 2 and then of of PSNetwork I will download Siren:Blood Crisis

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 24 2009, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Guys I want to buy more games for PS3 !
I only have 3 games so far - PES 2008 and 2009 and NFL 2008 smile.gif

My brother plays NFL but we all play PES like crazy smile.gif

We were thinking of getting 2 more consoles so we can play some games 2 vs 2 or something like that.

Any ideas what games are good for it , how does it work on PS3 with 4 players (do you need some add on for it etC) ?

Shoot me all your suggestions and cool website from which I can order it smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jan 24 2009, 03:28 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 24 2009, 08:23 AM) *
Guys I want to buy more games for PS3 !
I only have 3 games so far - PES 2008 and 2009 and NFL 2008 smile.gif

My brother plays NFL but we all play PES like crazy smile.gif

We were thinking of getting 2 more consoles so we can play some games 2 vs 2 or something like that.

Any ideas what games are good for it , how does it work on PS3 with 4 players (do you need some add on for it etC) ?

Shoot me all your suggestions and cool website from which I can order it smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif

I dont know if the Ps3 does it like the Xbox 360 but you could try system linking the consols to play against each other. If your have a wireless conection at your house you could do that and everyone could have their own tv screen comfortably in your house. This requires just mainly setting up PSNetwork.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 25 2009, 05:51 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
MGS4 is all you need to know, The story and conclusion left me in tears.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 25 2009, 08:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jan 24 2009, 03:28 PM) *
I dont know if the Ps3 does it like the Xbox 360 but you could try system linking the consols to play against each other. If your have a wireless conection at your house you could do that and everyone could have their own tv screen comfortably in your house. This requires just mainly setting up PSNetwork.

In PS3 all the consoles are wireless !
I was told that you just need 4 consoles and then you can all play smile.gif
Consoles are around 55$ here in Serbia - bit more expensive then USA smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jan 25 2009, 09:36 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 25 2009, 01:25 PM) *
In PS3 all the consoles are wireless !
I was told that you just need 4 consoles and then you can all play smile.gif
Consoles are around 55$ here in Serbia - bit more expensive then USA smile.gif

55 dollars! ARE YOU JOKING! I'll send you money, you ship me one....sound like a plan? haha

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 25 2009, 09:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jan 25 2009, 09:36 PM) *
55 dollars! ARE YOU JOKING! I'll send you money, you ship me one....sound like a plan? haha

Are you serious ? ? ?
smile.gif
Cause its really that much here , 4000 dinars , 1 $ equals 70 dinars so you do the math smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 25 2009, 10:22 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 25 2009, 08:51 PM) *
Are you serious ? ? ?
smile.gif
Cause its really that much here , 4000 dinars , 1 $ equals 70 dinars so you do the math smile.gif

Playstation 3's are $400 in America I believe Approximately. Maybe $300. Certainly not $55.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 25 2009, 10:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 25 2009, 10:22 PM) *
Playstation 3's are $400 in America I believe Approximately. Maybe $300. Certainly not $55.

I was referring to Wireless consoles for it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Jan 25 2009, 10:31 PM
I just finished "Uncharted:Drake Fortune". Fantastic!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 4 2009, 05:33 PM
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Jan 24 2009, 12:15 PM) *
Definitely MGS 4 (it's the best exclusive for PS3 at the moment).

I think Resistance 2 is better but it's hard to compare them. Both amazing games but quite different.

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 25 2009, 09:30 PM) *
I was referring to Wireless consoles for it smile.gif

You mean wireless controllers smile.gif You confused me lol.

QUOTE (opeth.db @ Jan 25 2009, 09:31 PM) *
I just finished "Uncharted:Drake Fortune". Fantastic!

The 2nd Uncharted game is due out this year. I hope it is as good or better than the first. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 5 2009, 03:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 4 2009, 05:33 PM) *
You mean wireless controllers smile.gif You confused me lol.

Haha yeah thats a big confusion right there biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
J.T.
Feb 5 2009, 08:55 AM
Eye Of Judgement is quite an interesting game... best thing i own on my ps3... but it is a card game so it might not be for everyone, same as MSG4 - big loong playable movie smile.gif but it kicks ass
Other than that they've already said it all: Resistance 2, LBP, Fallout 3...

This post has been edited by J.T.: Feb 5 2009, 08:56 AM

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jjt5150
my curent equipment:
PRS CE 24 guitar
H&K Switchblade head
H&K 4x12 WARP Cabinet
Morley Wah - Mark Tremonti model
+ Line6 POD XT

+Quote Post
29a
Feb 5 2009, 02:46 PM
Best PS3 Game so far for me: MGS4. But it's a matter of taste of course. I had much fun playing games like resistance or darksector too. Right now I'm playing Fallout3. A bit buggy but it has some interesting twists to it. smile.gif The next games I'll buy are probably be Killzone 2 and Resident Evil 5.

- Jonas

This post has been edited by 29a: Feb 5 2009, 02:48 PM

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:59 AM