Stratocaster Neck Change
lespaulkevin
Jul 12 2006, 04:16 PM
GMC:er
Is it easy to say change the neck on a fender stratocaster 70s reissue?

I'm thinking about buying the one i wanted off ebay but since it didn't have maple fretboard like i wanted i was going to change the rosewood to fretboard. Is there any website that you can buy strat necks for specific strat models? And how easy would it be to do?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liam
Jul 12 2006, 11:00 PM
QUOTE (lespaulkevin)
Is it easy to say change the neck on a fender stratocaster 70s reissue?

I'm thinking about buying the one i wanted off ebay but since it didn't have maple fretboard like i wanted i was going to change the rosewood to fretboard.  Is there any website that you can buy strat necks for specific strat models?  And how easy would it be to do?

i dont know if you can buy that online . and if you dont know how to change a neck , then you better dont do that laugh.gif
go to a guitar-shop. my advice.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Jul 15 2006, 06:57 PM
If you changed the neck i would take it to a luther. It will need setting up properly. Lots of truss rod adjustments along with setting the bridge for the sring gauge you use. To get the best out of your guitar get the proffesionals in!
I messed with my old les paul before i knew much about guitars and some of the notes wouldnt sound when fretted up past the 12th fret.
the strings need (i believe) to follow the radius (curviture) of your neck. some necks are different to others.

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:01 PM