Check Out My New Axe!, Or maybe it's a hatchet
AK Rich
Mar 4 2013, 10:07 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
My folks just got back from spending the winter in Texas, and while they were there they ran across a guy who makes Ukeleles out of cigar boxes! How cool is that? Check it out! biggrin.gif
Along with it came some chord charts and even a song called "Five Foot Two, Eyes Of Blue" which I am having fun learning at the moment, also looking forward to learning some Hawaiian style songs on this thing too. Its alot of fun to play!

[attachment=31002:IMG_0292.jpg]
[attachment=31003:IMG_0293.jpg]
[attachment=31004:IMG_0294.jpg]
[attachment=31005:IMG_0296.jpg]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Mar 4 2013, 10:14 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Headbanger
Mar 4 2013, 10:36 PM
GMC:er
Thats a beautiful Uke AK...have fun...I love it!!!! I wanna make one now smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Mar 4 2013, 10:57 PM
Very cool

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Mar 4 2013, 10:57 PM
This is really cool

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Mar 4 2013, 11:05 PM
Instructor
Hahaha,this is so cute , how it sounds ?!?

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 5 2013, 01:53 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Mar 4 2013, 01:05 PM) *
Hahaha,this is so cute , how it sounds ?!?

Sounds pretty good Sinisa! And it was even all tuned up and ready to go when I started playing it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 5 2013, 06:18 AM
That's a nice hatchet! I'd play it, looks fun!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2013, 10:23 AM
Instructor
Hey man congrats on the new box of sounds biggrin.gif Can you record something? I am very curious to hear it in action smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 5 2013, 03:30 PM
Instructor
heheh beautiful! We want to hear it!! Some video samples please!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Mar 5 2013, 07:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
Too cool! So now you will have to video yourself playing and singing When I'm Cleaning Windows.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 5 2013, 07:36 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 5 2013, 12:23 AM) *
Hey man congrats on the new box of sounds biggrin.gif Can you record something? I am very curious to hear it in action smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 5 2013, 05:30 AM) *
heheh beautiful! We want to hear it!! Some video samples please!! smile.gif

I am working on it smile.gif just need a little practice time on it since I havent played one since I was a kid, still getting re-familiarized with the chord shapes and getting used to strumming without a pick biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 5 2013, 08:03 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Mar 5 2013, 09:35 AM) *
Too cool! So now you will have to video yourself playing and singing When I'm Cleaning Windows.

I am on it Hungry! smile.gif I have been searching for the chords to a specific song that I can already sing, just gotta find the proper chords and get the rhythm down smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 5 2013, 08:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Those kinds of Ukes are all over Texas. They really are pretty cool.

I used to have one before Katrina came wink.gif

Congrats bud!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 5 2013, 08:31 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 5 2013, 10:16 AM) *
Those kinds of Ukes are all over Texas. They really are pretty cool.

I used to have one before Katrina came wink.gif

Congrats bud!

Thats where mine came from smile.gif I had never seen one made from a cigar box until yesturday, thanks Trey!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 5 2013, 09:03 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 4 2013, 09:07 PM) *
My folks just got back from spending the winter in Texas, and while they were there they ran across a guy who makes Ukeleles out of cigar boxes! How cool is that? Check it out! biggrin.gif
Along with it came some chord charts and even a song called "Five Foot Two, Eyes Of Blue" which I am having fun learning at the moment, also looking forward to learning some Hawaiian style songs on this thing too. Its alot of fun to play!

That is a cool looking Uke! What a inventive way to make an instrument. smile.gif

I tried a Ukelele out when I was in Hawaii last Summer and they are fun to play.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:51 AM