8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Up The Irons Collaboration, Instructors/Students Video Collaboration
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2014, 12:21 AM
Instructor
It's getting better and better! Here I recorded ideas for the two parts that are still not convincing us:

Attached File  spock_idea_1.mp3 ( 276.29K ) Number of downloads: 212

Attached File  spock_idea_2.mp3 ( 342.56K ) Number of downloads: 216

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 10 2014, 12:42 AM
GMC:er
Man - you made it look so easy! Why couldn't that have popped into my head? Thanks! And it sounds Maidener than mine.

To be honest, during this process I accidentally hit that double string bend once, and loved it, and it made me think of the bends in this Justin Derrico video, so I started overdosing on the idea.

The bend at 2:34...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: Jun 10 2014, 01:02 AM

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 10 2014, 12:10 PM
I put the parts you suggested in this morning. They fit and sound good, but the first part is really just doubling the rhythm and it's very Maiden but I hoped to do something different than double the rhythm there and I kind of like the quick pull-offs with the Wild Horsey. I want to explore that a little more with the neck pickup, that whole little section I'm thinking Dave Murray - then at the end go to an Adrian Smith feel on the bridge pup.

Anyway, I'm just going to marinade on it for a little while because after I work on something I really should listen to it a good bit before I post it, 9 times out of 10 after I post something I'll be listening to it on the way to work and wish I had done something different before I uploaded to the site.

EDIT: Glad I didn't post and had a chance to listen through. The 2nd suggestion you gave me is definitely a keeper. The 1st one will work but I will have to make a quick change at the end of the following pattern because it's redundant. Still going to play with the pull-off idea too and if I can't get it to work for me, I'll have that to fall back on.

Thanks Gab!

This post has been edited by Spock: Jun 10 2014, 01:56 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2014, 02:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 10 2014, 08:10 AM) *
I put the parts you suggested in this morning. They fit and sound good, but the first part is really just doubling the rhythm and it's very Maiden but I hoped to do something different than double the rhythm there and I kind of like the quick pull-offs with the Wild Horsey. I want to explore that a little more with the neck pickup, that whole little section I'm thinking Dave Murray - then at the end go to an Adrian Smith feel on the bridge pup.

Anyway, I'm just going to marinade on it for a little while because after I work on something I really should listen to it a good bit before I post it, 9 times out of 10 after I post something I'll be listening to it on the way to work and wish I had done something different before I uploaded to the site.

EDIT: Glad I didn't post and had a chance to listen through. The 2nd suggestion you gave me is definitely a keeper. The 1st one will work but I will have to make a quick change at the end of the following pattern because it's redundant. Still going to play with the pull-off idea too and if I can't get it to work for me, I'll have that to fall back on.

Thanks Gab!

Great! Thanks for the update! I also need to give me some time to the ideas I'm working on, and listen to them later. Sometimes it can be just 5 minutes, sometimes 1 hour and other times 1 day. We have to detect that moment when our mind needs a break to avoid feeling frustrated and wasting time.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 11 2014, 08:44 AM
Instructor
Hey Spock - great to see you are so involved in this one, man smile.gif Slowly, you are building a great line with Gabi's help!

Who else is in? There's still plenty of time!!

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jun 11 2014, 11:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
Can I still be part of the collab smile.gif finally starting to figure this stuff out, haha.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 12 2014, 12:20 AM
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Jun 11 2014, 06:04 PM) *
Can I still be part of the collab smile.gif finally starting to figure this stuff out, haha.

Yes sir - you have 10 more days before deadline

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2014, 03:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Jun 11 2014, 07:04 PM) *

As Spock said, the answer is yes!!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 13 2014, 04:14 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 12 2014, 11:01 AM
Instructor
By all means Tom! Please feel welcome!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 16 2014, 12:22 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! Who else is in? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Jun 17 2014, 02:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi GMC, this is my intro for the collab. Don't know if there's more to come for the rest of the track, but it's a start.

https://soundcloud.com/jeroen-van-der-put/gmc-up-the-irons-collab-jeroen-on-fire

This post has been edited by Jeroen: Jun 17 2014, 02:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 17 2014, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jun 17 2014, 10:11 AM) *
Hi GMC, this is my intro for the collab. Don't know if there's more to come for the rest of the track, but it's a start.

https://soundcloud.com/jeroen-van-der-put/gmc-up-the-irons-collab-jeroen-on-fire

Hi Jeroen! Thanks for this cool idea. It's pure Maiden, it reminds me to their newer stuff. I notice that your solo has some little timing issue, mostly in the second half. Do you note it?

A good exercise to adjust this problem would be to mark 16th notes with your foot (dividing the beat in 4) while you sing the melody. You will notice that you'll be able to sing it much tighter. Then, you can do the same thing (marking 16th notes with your foot) but instead of singing it, play it with your guitar over the backing.

Try it and let me know how it feels!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Jun 17 2014, 07:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab, I will do this soon and let you know

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 17 2014, 04:12 PM) *
Hi Jeroen! Thanks for this cool idea. It's pure Maiden, it reminds me to their newer stuff. I notice that your solo has some little timing issue, mostly in the second half. Do you note it?

A good exercise to adjust this problem would be to mark 16th notes with your foot (dividing the beat in 4) while you sing the melody. You will notice that you'll be able to sing it much tighter. Then, you can do the same thing (marking 16th notes with your foot) but instead of singing it, play it with your guitar over the backing.

Try it and let me know how it feels!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 18 2014, 12:12 AM
I'm afraid I'm out. I can upload what i have, but I won't be playing guitar for at least a few weeks. I crushed my right hand in the back of a truck while attempting to pick up a weight set (home gym) to bring to my house last Friday. It's better than it was the first few days, but it still ain't right. I'm having to wear a tight bandage on it, keep it elevated as much as possible, typing with my left hand and forefinger on my right. Holding a pick tight is hell much less shaking my hand to strum.

Nothing broke, but there's some definite tendon damage in there. I'm lucky it hit the large part of my hand and didn't come down on my fingers.

I am able to work with a computer mouse though, which is a blessing because that's how I pay the bills.

On another note, I am very pleased with composition I have for it. Playing it all the way through, however, I wasn't 100% accurate yet, but that was more because by the time I got to where I was, I had still not committed it to full memory because of all the changes/modifications. Some of the position changes I was still brain farting on - once there, no problem though. And every time I played it the inflection was a little different, from with the position on the wah, or the way I hit a squelch or bend - each time there was some different inflection, that seemed just as cool or interesting to me.

I'll bounce it out in the next day or two and let you do with it what you wish.

I like it, and will use some of the ideas in original stuff I flounder upon in the future.

This post has been edited by Spock: Jun 18 2014, 12:21 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 18 2014, 12:40 AM
So sorry for the accident sad.gif heal well and try not to don't rush playing until you're certain your healed.

I have a classical guitar teacher friend in a university and when he had tendonitis he didn't play for 6 months, now he's preparing to finish his doctorate and will give a concert in a few months. So again health is most important and things move on once recovered, take care.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jun 18 2014, 12:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 18 2014, 02:40 AM
Thanks for the kind words Metay. I sure hope I am not out for six months, I've play injured before. I'm sure this won't take too too long to heal up.

Anyway...

Here where I got (thanks for you input Gab! I used it and had to add my sort of seasoning to it - may not be theoretically right, but heck it sounds cool to me)

[attachment=37621:Up_the_I...s_Latest.mp3]

And here's the guitar only Wav...

[attachment=37624:UpTheIrons_GtrSolo.wav]

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 18 2014, 06:00 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 18 2014, 12:12 AM) *
I'm afraid I'm out. I can upload what i have, but I won't be playing guitar for at least a few weeks. I crushed my right hand in the back of a truck while attempting to pick up a weight set (home gym) to bring to my house last Friday. It's better than it was the first few days, but it still ain't right. I'm having to wear a tight bandage on it, keep it elevated as much as possible, typing with my left hand and forefinger on my right. Holding a pick tight is hell much less shaking my hand to strum.

aw man, that sucks. sorry to hear that mate. I hope you get back to full fitness soon. your take is sounding great as well, nice job.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 18 2014, 07:11 AM
Instructor
Hey Spock! Bro! The take is great and you can surely be IN THIS COLLAB I can definitely hear the Maiden signature phrases you combined and I think you did a great job! Now, in order to participate, the good thing is that you don't necessarily need a video wink.gif You can send us some pics with you that you want featured and that will suffice, taking the current situation into account! What say you?

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 18 2014, 12:07 PM
Okay, I'm going to attempt to make a ridiculous video, because, "ridiculous" is my nature.

This post has been edited by Spock: Jun 18 2014, 12:07 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 18 2014, 03:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jun 17 2014, 03:08 PM) *
Thanks Gab, I will do this soon and let you know

Great, keep me updated!

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 17 2014, 10:40 PM) *
Thanks for the kind words Metay. I sure hope I am not out for six months, I've play injured before. I'm sure this won't take too too long to heal up.

Anyway...

Here where I got (thanks for you input Gab! I used it and had to add my sort of seasoning to it - may not be theoretically right, but heck it sounds cool to me)

[attachment=37621:Up_the_I...s_Latest.mp3]

And here's the guitar only Wav...

[attachment=37624:UpTheIrons_GtrSolo.wav]

It's awesome how much we could improve the original solo. Thanks for your hard work, I think that this last version is a lot better compared with the first one. Now I feel that each note played sounds great over the backing track, there is nothing to change, it pure Spock Maiden.

I'm SO proud of you. Congratulations!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:22 PM