Introducing Myself Terry
Terry Ads
Sep 26 2012, 10:14 AM
GMC:er
Hi,

My name is Terry Adshead and I recently joined GMC.

I started playing classical guitar when I was 15 (37 years ago!!) but gave up after 2 years. Since then I only picked up the guitar once a year at Christmas to play "Silent Night" in classical style!

My Girlfriend bought me guitar lessons for my Birthday 7 months ago and though I did not get anywhere with my teacher, I have really got back into playing.

I really want to learn Blues (Rythym and Lead). I have been teaching myself with the aid of various You Tube Lessons up until now.
I have a Fender Telecaster (Squier copy) and Fender Mustang 1 Amp.

I would like to get to the level where I could hold my own on a Jam night somewhere without embarrasing myself!

Looking forward to learning more with GMC. (Have already in one week!)

Best Wishes

Terry (Terry Ads)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 26 2012, 10:33 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Terry! smile.gif

Great to hear you are making progress - I'm sure you will be able to reach your goal soon!

See you around the site,
Bogdan

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 26 2012, 01:39 PM
Instructor
Welcome to the community, Terry. It's great to hear you're getting back into it with purpose. smile.gif

Blues you say ?? Well, we all like to flirt with the blues around here.. 2 definite blues masters in my opinion would be these guys...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Piotr-Kaczor/ Check out his Gary Moore lessons !! biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Ivan-Milenkovic/ Lots of great fundamentals !

There's live video chats happening throughout the week, for more info just have a quick read of this thread telling you how they work:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=41145

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Sep 26 2012, 01:39 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 26 2012, 03:32 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome Terry, I'm sure you'll find all the blues (and more!) you seek at GMC cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 26 2012, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Terry!! Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

Let me add to check Jonathan's lessons who has a rock style with strong blues influences.

Check his blues lessons: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Jonathan-Burgos/

Enjoy the site and let us know how we can help you.

Gab.-

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Sep 26 2012, 03:36 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Sep 26 2012, 03:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Terry! Welcome to GMC!!!
Happy to meet you! My name is Alex and I am one of the instructors smile.gif
I did a blues turnarounds lesson a few months ago!
Check it out!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Blues-Turnarounds/
Feel free to send me a PM anytime if you have any questions or need help with anything!

+Quote Post
paket
Sep 29 2012, 05:10 AM
Hello Terry.

Nice to see another 'seasoned' blues fan around here. I've got a Mustang I as well. Have you found any good patches for it yet?

QUOTE (Terry Ads @ Sep 26 2012, 04:14 AM) *
Hi,

I started playing classical guitar when I was 15 (37 years ago!!) but gave up after 2 years. Since then I only picked up the guitar once a year at Christmas to play "Silent Night" in classical style!

My Girlfriend bought me guitar lessons for my Birthday 7 months ago and though I did not get anywhere with my teacher, I have really got back into playing.

I really want to learn Blues (Rythym and Lead). I have been teaching myself with the aid of various You Tube Lessons up until now.

I would like to get to the level where I could hold my own on a Jam night somewhere without embarrasing myself!

Best Wishes

Terry (Terry Ads)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 29 2012, 06:32 AM
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif Congrats on finding and joining the most killer Guitar Site on the web (IMHO). I've been here for a while now teaching and learning and I love it! You have come to the right place to get better smile.gif Jump in to the video chats and lessons!

Todd

QUOTE (Terry Ads @ Sep 26 2012, 05:14 AM) *
Hi,

Best Wishes

Terry (Terry Ads)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:19 AM