> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Krakou's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2013, 07:56 PM
Instructor
It sounds great! Remember to add warming up and stretches before the routine.

and learn theory from this thread:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47852

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
krakou
Nov 26 2013, 08:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi there,

Tuesday was the 20' sweep day.
So here are the most terrible 20 seconds of your life smile.gif

Legato I thought of learning this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/

Regards !

JL

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  basesweep.mp3 ( 635.51K ) Number of downloads: 102

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2013, 10:46 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Good job on those sweeps. The notes are sounding good and now the next step would be to play it tighter over the metronome. Concentrate on timing the next days.

I recommend you to add this lesson to the Sweep Picking topic: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...weeping-legato/

And the legato lesson sounds great for me. Let's go for it!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Dec 13 2013, 08:47 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 26 2013, 11:46 PM) *
Hi mate! Good job on those sweeps. The notes are sounding good and now the next step would be to play it tighter over the metronome. Concentrate on timing the next days.

I recommend you to add this lesson to the Sweep Picking topic: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...weeping-legato/

And the legato lesson sounds great for me. Let's go for it!!

Hello Gab,

Long time without news, but your sweep picking is hard as hell for me, so I did not want to come back without result.
So, here is what I have not, still poor, but it will improve.

I've also learned the second alternate picking lesson from Darius, and I will send you soon the result.
I also know the legato from Muris.

And I'm learning some Hendrix stuff to relax me from those exercices smile.gif

Hope you're doing well

JL

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GabSweep.mp3 ( 469.79K ) Number of downloads: 89

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 14 2013, 03:26 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, nice to hear from you!! The lesson obviously needs more practice. From what I hear, the main thing to fix is timing. This technique takes some time to get used but then it becomes really natural and easy to play. You have to be patient and practice EVERY day.
Let's add these 5 exercises into your diary routine to help you master Sweep Picking technique.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...rove-sweep-now/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Dec 14 2013, 02:15 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 14 2013, 04:26 AM) *
Hi mate, nice to hear from you!! The lesson obviously needs more practice. From what I hear, the main thing to fix is timing. This technique takes some time to get used but then it becomes really natural and easy to play. You have to be patient and practice EVERY day.
Let's add these 5 exercises into your diary routine to help you master Sweep Picking technique.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...rove-sweep-now/

Hello,

That kind of exercices, I think I will never play that, because I don't hear music behind, just someone moving fingers with agility on a piece of wood smile.gif

It's quite logical I have some problems to play your lesson, because you mix lots of shapes, and it's new for me.
But be confident, I will succeed !

JL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 15 2013, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Dec 14 2013, 10:15 AM) *
Hello,

That kind of exercices, I think I will never play that, because I don't hear music behind, just someone moving fingers with agility on a piece of wood smile.gif

It's quite logical I have some problems to play your lesson, because you mix lots of shapes, and it's new for me.
But be confident, I will succeed !

JL

hehe ok! I understand what you mean. There are obviously two ways to achieve them. It's like a football player who trains his muscles with some repetitive exercises, not something creative just effective. But I don't disagree with your posture so if you prefer to avoid repetitive exercises! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Dec 27 2013, 05:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi there,

Not because I'm quiet on our forum thread that I don't work smile.gif

So here is where I am with Darius and Muris stuff, still not perfect of course, but it has improved a little.

BTW, I've seen your Hives lesson, I've seen them live a couple years ago in very good condition, it was epic.
I was here in the crowd..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYgvIZk0BfA

Have a nice day

JL

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Alternate2Darius70.mp3 ( 1.45MB ) Number of downloads: 106
Attached File  LegatoMurris90.mp3 ( 775.92K ) Number of downloads: 103

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 27 2013, 06:03 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Nice to hear from you! smile.gif

I checked both audios and I think that you are on the right track with both lessons. There is obviously more work to do, more days of practice but based on what I hear you are doing a good job.

What about the other techniques?

The Hives live are amazing!! I was here in the crowd.. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Dec 27 2013, 06:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool audience cool.gif !!

By other techniques I guess you're thinking sweep.
I will send you a take in the coming days.

Tnx for your time.

JL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 27 2013, 06:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Dec 27 2013, 02:39 PM) *
Cool audience cool.gif !!

By other techniques I guess you're thinking sweep.
I will send you a take in the coming days.

Tnx for your time.

JL

yes! I'll wait for the take. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Dec 29 2013, 09:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi there,

You will notice few changes on this GabSweep stuff wink.gif
Maybe a little bit more fluid on the first half.
On the second half, I'm quite stressed with that 5-5-5 roll I don't really master.

It would be nice to propose me a kind of rock/blues lesson to post as REC smile.gif

Bye

JL

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GabSweepV2.mp3 ( 475.92K ) Number of downloads: 97

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2013, 11:38 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This is sounding good. I can notice that it's more fluid now. I recommend you to start working on a new Sweep Picking lesson. Trying different positions and combinations can really help to master this without getting bored of repetition.

I also remember playing this one every day during my learning process:

Rock blues lesson? Could you name some artists that you have in mind?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Dec 31 2013, 12:16 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok for Malmsteen !!
BTW, the only sweep sequence I really love is the Rising force one from the sweedish guitar god smile.gif
And the lessons from that guy, which is incredible
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...king-arpeggios/

Regarding lesson to cover, what about this one ?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/blues-licks2/

Bye

JL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2013, 02:02 PM
Instructor
yeah! that lesson by Ian is killer! You can start learning some parts from it. Don't worry about tempo, you can start VERY slowly. And regarding my blues lesson, yes! let's go for it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Feb 16 2014, 09:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi there,

It's not because I don't spam my topic that I don't play smile.gif
But if I don't have a lot of new stuff, I simply work quietly.
I think I could post a couple of rec efforts in the next weeks, I've also worked regularly on the sweep and picking exercices.

Regarding your blues lesson, still to improve, here it is how it sounds today.

Hope you're doing fine !

Have a nice afternoon !

JL

Attached File(s)
Attached File  gabwhite.mp3 ( 1.29MB ) Number of downloads: 83

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2014, 07:47 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Thanks for the update! I'm writing this post listening to your take and I have to say that I love it! It has differences with the original one but I think that it has your own style on it. You made your personal take, I hear a lot of Krakou on it and that's the most important thing! My suggestions for our work here is that you continue varying the lesson until you made the licks yours, that's when you will get the most from my lesson. If you want to get a REC grade, you need to play it exactly like the original but in our thread the goal is to learn it first and then make it yours. So keep on the great job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Mar 24 2014, 04:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi there,

A little "crappy webcam hello" from Brussels :-)
Here I would say I play it almost like you, not so good of course.
I've also done quite a lot of sweep those weeks, and it is improving.
Of sure when I say a lot, it means a couple of minutes a day, but anyway, it sounds better.
I even give you a quick shot to prove it..
It's recorded with no DAW and no backing track, but you have an idea..

Hope you're ok

Regards

JL

ps: I give you a bonus recorded this evening with the legato Muris lesson :-)

This post has been edited by krakou: Mar 24 2014, 08:14 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GabRock.mp4 ( 2.34MB ) Number of downloads: 84
Attached File  CrappySweep.mp4 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 104
Attached File  MurisLegatoPicking.mp3 ( 1.33MB ) Number of downloads: 95

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2014, 12:41 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Cool to hear from you! smile.gif

The video quality is ok for this purpose, don't worry about it. I can see and hear you clearly. Let me say that my rocker lesson is sounding very good. You played it with a very nice feel and groove and it only has little details different but that I wouldn't consider wrong, just different, your style. Keep on playing this one to feel those licks even more familiar.

Then, the sweeps, are not that crappy as you said! laugh.gif You are definitely on the right track with this technique. You should try to make the movement smoother, it seems that you play each string with a very small down stroke movement while the motion should be a smooth sweep, a simple upward and then downward movement. Does it make sense?

Finally that Muris lesson definitely needs more practice, it is not sounding consistent and tight. Keep on playing it everyday over the slower backings.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Jul 4 2014, 12:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabe,

Tnx for your kind work on my REC SRV Shuffle.
Because I've listened a lot to SRV and still love his playing above all, I understand perfectly what you mean.
To play well that kind of thing, you really have to live it, and I'm too scholar in the way I do it.

I will try another shot with more sweat in it :-)

In that style of playing, Denes Nagy on GMC is an absolute killer !
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/SRV-Tips-and-Tricks/

I still work on your rocker lesson and I'm closer to your way of playing it too.

JL

ps: Argentina Vs Belgium tomorrow @ world cup

This post has been edited by krakou: Jul 4 2014, 12:39 PM

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:55 AM