Black Metal Track With Uncreator, Todd And Me !
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2012, 06:25 PM
Instructor
So you have probably seen the Blacker than Black Collab...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=620041

Well, whilst that was stewing away I wanted to add to the riffs and I created a mini song and fancied some vox so I turned to our resident GMC genius, TheUncreator and he was amazing enough to lend not only vocals but some ace lyrics as well. I also wanted Todd's insane solos on there too. This is what we were left with and we present it under the name of Blacker Than Black ph34r.gif

http://blackerthanblack.bandcamp.com/track/a-sentient-fog

You can also download the track for free, if you're that way inclined smile.gif

We just treated it as a bit of fun.. who knows, maybe we'll do another one when we've all got some free time but if we do, I'd like to get some GMCers solos on the next one ! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Dec 2 2012, 06:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 2 2012, 06:43 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Blacker than Doughnuts I say!

Those riffs were extremely fun to sing over, and the solos turned out siiiiick!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2012, 06:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 2 2012, 05:43 PM) *
Blacker than Doughnuts I say!

Those riffs were extremely fun to sing over, and the solos turned out siiiiick!

I was thinking about finding a picture of Black Donuts ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 3 2012, 02:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
sweet zombie jeebus that is brilliant ohmy.gif killer vocals and lyrics. Ive gotsa get me a download of that.

well done guys, proper good. you gotta do more biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 3 2012, 02:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 3 2012, 01:00 PM) *
sweet zombie jeebus that is brilliant ohmy.gif killer vocals and lyrics. Ive gotsa get me a download of that.

well done guys, proper good. you gotta do more biggrin.gif

Thanks man... it was good fun making it because there was no emotional attachment, just good, old fashioned fun !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2012, 04:21 PM
Instructor
Wou!!! Awesome collaboration guys!! I like the riffs, the rhyhms, the voice and the solos!! Great job!! You definitely have to continue with this project!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
azureus
Dec 3 2012, 06:51 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 2 2012, 05:25 PM) *

Well, whilst that was stewing away I wanted to add to the riffs and I created a mini song and fancied some vox so I turned to our resident GMC genius, TheUncreator and he was amazing enough to lend not only vocals but some ace lyrics as well. I also wanted Todd's insane solos on there too. This is what we were left with and we present it under the name of Blacker Than Black ph34r.gif

We just treated it as a bit of fun.. who knows, maybe we'll do another one when we've all got some free time but if we do, I'd like to get some GMCers solos on the next one ! cool.gif

Great Ben
Super heavy ,whoooaaa !!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 3 2012, 06:59 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Love it! And I love the Donut picture laugh.gif

You three guys are all true Norwegians tongue.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 3 2012, 07:17 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Great track guys. Sounds Nordic indeed!

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Dec 3 2012, 07:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
A my god Mr. Higgins! You rocked my world again with this awesomeness biggrin.gif Next time call me and i will contribute a solo with alongside big box of donuts, yummy biggrin.gif Great job guys!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Dec 3 2012, 08:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey what a Dark Great Track Guys ,

i can feel the sentient fog around me

and i am ready for more ....................

Dieter

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Dec 3 2012, 08:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
I like the track and you really should do another if you get the time

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 3 2012, 09:39 PM
Great stuff!!
If there's some further Black metal project going on, i'm in to participate !!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2012, 01:03 AM
KIIIIILLLLLLLEEERRRRR!!!!!! smile.gif

Really turned out spiff! Everything about it is just Heavy! The vocals are particularly impressive! Well done there!

I got a big kick out of the DONUT pic as well smile.gif But I had the thought that this could be a lot of fun to turn in to a sort of mythical Black/Death Metal Band with a story that the members are all in fact, DEAD. And that these recordings keep turning up. So the Album could be called BEYOND THE GRAVE or something.

Almost like a Spinal Tap of Black Metal thing?

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 2 2012, 12:25 PM) *

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 4 2012, 09:52 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 4 2012, 12:03 AM) *
I had the thought that this could be a lot of fun to turn in to a sort of mythical Black/Death Metal Band with a story that the members are all in fact, DEAD. And that these recordings keep turning up. So the Album could be called BEYOND THE GRAVE or something.

laugh.gif
yes, all of that would be most awesome!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 4 2012, 11:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 4 2012, 12:03 AM) *
KIIIIILLLLLLLEEERRRRR!!!!!! smile.gif

Really turned out spiff! Everything about it is just Heavy! The vocals are particularly impressive! Well done there!

I got a big kick out of the DONUT pic as well smile.gif But I had the thought that this could be a lot of fun to turn in to a sort of mythical Black/Death Metal Band with a story that the members are all in fact, DEAD. And that these recordings keep turning up. So the Album could be called BEYOND THE GRAVE or something.

Todd

Yeah I'm up for doing anything with it really... I didn't know how to really spruce up the Bandcamp thing and I don't really have the tools to make a 'Blacker Than Black' logo so feel free to mess around if you want ? smile.gif

P.S. Thanks guys, glad you all liked it ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 7 2012, 04:23 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 4 2012, 05:17 AM) *
Yeah I'm up for doing anything with it really... I didn't know how to really spruce up the Bandcamp thing and I don't really have the tools to make a 'Blacker Than Black' logo so feel free to mess around if you want ? smile.gif

P.S. Thanks guys, glad you all liked it ! biggrin.gif

I'm thinking YES!! smile.gif Creating a fictitious extreme metal band sounds like wads of fun!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:49 PM