Starting Theory And Ear Training.
Sickz666
Feb 18 2011, 09:55 PM
GMC:er
Hey everyone, i would like to have your opinion on something smile.gif
I´m makeing a schedule for when the summer comes and im free from school, but this schedule is for the amount of theory and ear training i will do.

I know abit of theory, but figureing out songs by ear is nearlly impossible for me.

So i wonder what is your advice on time doing these stuff each day?

Sites i´ll be useing :

http://www.musictheory.net/

http://www.musiclearningtools.net/

And partwise of my eartraining will be to sing the notes, since i´ve heard it helps.

Any advice is appreciated! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 18 2011, 10:23 PM
Also : http://www.good-ear.com/servlet/EarTrainer

If you really want to go for it, an hour a day should be great (start with the easier intervals then move onto chords and scales). Transcribe simple songs too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 19 2011, 01:30 AM
Dark Dude is giving some really good advice here. Well done smile.gif It sounds like you have it pretty much planned out. Should be a great summer!

Todd

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 19 2011, 04:34 AM
Instructor
Start with something you are familiar with already like pentatonic stuff maybe? you'll see that YOU KNOW what notes are being used and you ALSO KNOW where they on the scale box,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:53 PM