Attn: Toneport Gx Users, I need help!!
Praetorian
Sep 10 2008, 12:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I want to know if there is a way that I can play the guitar through the toneport GX and hear it on my computer speakers...and at the same time play the backing tracks from these lessons through the same set of speakers? I need to upload my mentor video but realized that I have been playing through my headphones, and just hearing the backing track through my regular speakers. That won't work for a video though!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 10 2008, 01:04 AM
Instructor
You can plug your Toneport to the USB port and hear both backing and guitar through the same speakers. If you don't hear both see if there is an option called "direct monitoring" and switch it on. It's designed to work trough your computer speakers, actually studio monitors.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 10 2008, 01:12 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 9 2008, 08:04 PM) *
You can plug your Toneport to the USB port and hear both backing and guitar through the same speakers. If you don't hear both see if there is an option called "direct monitoring" and switch it on. It's designed to work trough your computer speakers, actually studio monitors.

I have it plugged into my USB but do not hear it through my computer speakers. I looked for the direct monitoring option and couldn't find it anywhere. The closest I found was under Edit...Preferences...Tracks...Playback audio settings there is a drop down that has Directsound and Multimedia Extensions. It was already on directsound but neither option makes is audible in my computer speakers.

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 10 2008, 01:12 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I had to also go to Control Panel>Sound and set the audio to the Toneport device instead of outputting sound through the sound card.

I have never tried the direct monitor function. Instead I just plugged my PC speakers into the headphone jack using a 1/8th inch adapter and followed my instructions above. Works great and the Toneport is now my default sound card playing everything from Youtube videos to my recordings.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 10 2008, 01:20 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Sep 9 2008, 08:12 PM) *
I had to also go to Control Panel>Sound and set the audio to the Toneport device instead of outputting sound through the sound card.

I have never tried the direct monitor function. Instead I just plugged my PC speakers into the headphone jack using a 1/8th inch adapter and followed my instructions above. Works great and the Toneport is now my default sound card playing everything from Youtube videos to my recordings.

I tried that too. The speakers play the guitar great...but nothing else will come through the speakers. I went into control panel, sounds and audio devices, the audio tab and under sound playback, selected the Toneport from the dropdown menu. Still no other sound besides the guitar.

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 10 2008, 01:25 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hello ! I have toneport so here is how to do it..You need to connect PC speakers to output jack of toneport (headphones one will do!!)...Use a adapter in order to plug in your speakers there.Next , go to my computer>control panel > Sound and audio devices>audio >sound playback and choose toneport as default device. Do the same for sound recording..That way toneport will act as a PC sound card and ALL PC sound will go through toneport..So just connect your speakers to your toneport and forget about the sound card inside PC..(keep in mind that toneport doesn't support midi files).

You don't want to (and can't) use toneport and than go through pc's integral sound card (you would face latency issues and many more) smile.gif

edit : if it doesn't work you may need to restart your computer.And make sure down in the task bar volume control is fine (nothing muted and everything turned up)...It has to work mate..

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Sep 10 2008, 01:29 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 10 2008, 01:31 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 9 2008, 08:25 PM) *
Hello ! I have toneport so here is how to do it..You need to connect PC speakers to output jack of toneport (headphones one will do!!)...Use a adapter in order to plug in your speakers there.Next , go to my computer>control panel > Sound and audio devices>audio >sound playback and choose toneport as default device. Do the same for sound recording..That way toneport will act as a PC sound card and ALL PC sound will go through toneport..So just connect your speakers to your toneport and forget about the sound card inside PC..(keep in mind that toneport doesn't support midi files).

You don't want to (and can't) use toneport and than go through pc's integral sound card (you would face latency issues and many more) smile.gif

edit : if it doesn't work you may need to restart your computer.And make sure down in the task bar volume control is fine (nothing muted and everything turned up)...It has to work mate..

That did it! I switched the sound playback and recording both...that seemed to make the difference. Thanks!!!!!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 10 2008, 01:33 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Sep 10 2008, 02:31 AM) *
That did it! I switched the sound playback and recording both...that seemed to make the difference. Thanks!!!!!

Glad to be helpful! smile.gif
Shoot if you have any more questions down the road smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Sep 10 2008, 06:15 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Sep 10 2008, 02:31 AM) *

Indeed! And you get a nice PC sound master volume knob too. wink.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:41 PM