Valhalla Rising
Todd Simpson
Aug 24 2013, 04:53 AM
GMC:er
Here is a movie called VALHALLA RISING which I thought was really impressive and spiff. It's not an action film, it's rather dark and dreary in it's own way but it does explore the life of a slave who gets paired to fight like a pit bull. It's set during the fading of the Old God's and the rising of the new. It's not for everyone, but I must say I loved it smile.gif

Anyone else seen this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Aug 24 2013, 05:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
Seen it once, I don't regret it, but I don't need to see it again.
I disliked the ending.

You are sure to get something a bit strange and always violent with Winding Refn:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0716347/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 24 2013, 06:00 AM
i actually found about it cuz of this song.

it's not for everyone indeed, either you dislike it or love it tongue.gif, i liked it though.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Aug 24 2013, 06:04 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 24 2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks TODD! Looks like a Great movie since i'm a huge fan of mythology every kind! I'll probably watch it even today!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 26 2013, 03:34 AM
I liked it a ton smile.gif Very different from what I was expecting. Thanks for the vid BTW smile.gif Crimson Glory, wow. Forgot all about them! Masks and BIG HAIR good stuff smile.gif

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 24 2013, 04:35 AM) *
Thanks TODD! Looks like a Great movie since i'm a huge fan of mythology every kind! I'll probably watch it even today!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 26 2013, 08:59 AM
Seen it yesterday !! Great movie and production too. And very refreshing, not too much nonsense dialogues and stuff.. smile.gif
Can someone recommend simmilar movie?

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 26 2013, 04:34 AM) *
I liked it a ton smile.gif Very different from what I was expecting. Thanks for the vid BTW smile.gif Crimson Glory, wow. Forgot all about them! Masks and BIG HAIR good stuff smile.gif

Yeah, Everybody had big hair till the end of 80's...even guys from DEATH huh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 26 2013, 10:35 AM
Instructor
It haunted me for a while smile.gif But I liked it - seen it about 2 years ago I think..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:14 PM